|Section||Primary Ebon Vanguard Quests|
|Storyline||Beyond: Hearts of the North|
|Prophecies and Eye of the North|
|Given by|| Automatically obtained |
in Hall of Monuments
|Preceded by||The Mantle's Guise|
|Type|| Primary quest |
 Quest information
- Defend the town of Beetletun.
- 5,000 Experience
- 1,000 Gold
- 1,250 Vanguard reputation points
- First time: 2 Medals of Honor
- On repeat: 5 War Supplies
When the mission begins, you will be in the town of Beetletun. White Mantle soldiers will threaten villagers on the east side of the mission map. Position Miku close to them during their speech and when they become hostile, kill them as quickly as possible. Keep using Nature's Blessing to heal the villagers; all survivors will assist you in the battles that follow. Following the initial fight, Keiran will receive an additional shout, "There's Nothing to Fear!"; use it often on both sides of the village to increase the durability of your allies.
Six waves of enemies will then attack alternating sides of the village: waves 1 and 3 come from the Nebo side; waves 2 and 4 come from the Watchtower side; and waves 5 and 6 come nearly simultaneously from both sides. Avoid the front lines, so that you can cover as many villagers as possible with Keiran's shout and stance. Use interrupts frequently, and watch out for minion-producing necromancers that hide outside the village.
Just before the final wave, Miku will announce, "looks like the big one".
- 24 (30) Peacekeeper Enforcer
- 20 (26) Peacekeeper Goon
- 20 (26) Peacekeeper Huntsman
- 20 (26) Peacekeeper Marksman
- 20 (26) Divine Peacekeeper
- 20 (26) Grim Peacekeeper
- 20 (26) Charming Peacekeeper
- 20 (26) Peacekeeper Firebrand
- 20 (26) Silent Peacekeeper
- 20 (26) Peacekeeper Clairvoyant
- 20 (26) Peacekeeper Mentor
- 20 (26) Peacekeeper Sibyl
Humans (White Mantle)
- 20 (26) White Mantle Knight
- 20 (26) White Mantle Zealot
- 20 (26) White Mantle Scout
- 20 (26) White Mantle Seeker
- 20 (26) White Mantle Abbot
- 20 (26) White Mantle Priest
- 20 (26) White Mantle Fanatic
- 20 (26) White Mantle Ritualist
- 20 (26) White Mantle Sycophant
- 20 (26) White Mantle Adherent
- 20 (26) White Mantle Savant
- 20 (26) White Mantle Enforcer
- 20 (26) White Mantle Ritualist
- 20 (26) White Mantle Champion
- 20 (26) White Mantle Zealot
- 20 (26) White Mantle Devotee
Humans (Shining Blade)
- 15 (20) Shining Blade Warrior
- 15 (20) Shining Blade Ranger
- 15 (20) Shining Blade Monk
- 15 (20) Shining Blade Elementalist
 Before Battle
- Shining Blade Warrior: "Good People of Beetletun, we come to you on behalf of Queen Salma."
- Krytan: "The Six bless Salma! What can we do to help?"
- Shining Blade Warrior: "The Queen is imposing new taxes upon all of her subjects. Those unable to pay will do so with their lives. And since this village looks rather poor...your deaths will be your vow of fealty!"
- Krytan: "What? N-No! Someone, help us!"
 After Initial Confrontation
- Keiran Thackeray: "People of Beetletun! You have been deceived by the White Mantle!"
- Keiran Thackeray: "They seek to tarnish the name of the Shining Blade, and they will unless we stand up. They will write their message in your blood unless we face them down, here and now."
- Keiran Thackeray: "If we stand together, we can win this battle. I will lead you to victory!"
- Keiran Thackeray: "Have faith and we will see this through! There's nothing to fear!"
- Krytan: "We're with you!"
 After First Wave
- Keiran Thackeray: "Fight hard! Make the White Mantle regret ever threatening your homes!"
- Keiran Thackeray: "You're doing well! We can win this fight!"
- Miku: "Heh. This looks like the big one. I hope you're ready!"
 After All Waves
- Krytan: "We've done it! Our village is safe!"
- Miku: "You did a brave thing back there. You didn't just save those people. You gave them the courage to fight for themselves."
- Keiran Thackeray: "Now I understand what it means to be a leader. I know that I can change, and I can be something more. Thanks to you."
- Miku: "Don't flatter me...too much. I only brought out what was there all along."
- Miku: "Listen, just as you've realized something...so have I. There's a place that I need to return to. There's unfinished business I need to take care of."
- Miku: "You could come with me. I like having you by my side."
- Keiran Thackeray: "It would be so easy for me to say yes. But I have unfinished business of my own. Someone I need to return to. Someone who has been nothing but difficult..."
- Keiran Thackeray: "But I understand now, the challenge is what drew me to her. I need to see this through."
- Miku: "I suspected as much. Farewell, Keiran. I hope that our paths will cross again someday. It'll give you time to reconsider! Heh."
- Gwen: "Keiran, Keiran...you brash, idiotic, persistent, childish...sweet fool."
- Gwen: "He's out there somewhere, and he's looking for me."
- Gwen: "This time...this time I'm going to meet him halfway. That's the only way this is going to work."
- Gwen: "Please help me find him. I need to see him once more...there's something I have to tell him!"
- "There's Nothing to Fear!" is added to Thackeray's skillbar after he shouts "There's nothing to fear!" (shortly after the Initial Confrontation).
- "Find Their Weakness!" and "There's Nothing to Fear!" benefit from his high Expertise, reducing their energy costs.
- You must equip Keiran's Bow to start this mission. However, you can switch it out for another weapon, including a long- or flatbow for pulling and especially one that has weapon upgrades appropriate to Keiran's skills. However, you cannot increase his maximum health, energy, or total attributes using weapon or armor upgrades.
- As with other missions, you can still receive credit for completing Rise even after you die, as long as all enemies are killed. To get your rewards, wait for the quest to update before mapping out.
- Crossing the portals will teleport you to the middle of the village; you can take advantage of this to jump quickly from one battlefront to the other.
- Some consider this a good farming option for Ebon Vanguard reputation points, War Supplies, or sweet points because it can be completed in under 8 minutes, i.e. in an hour, approximately 37,000 experience, 38 supplies/sweet points, and 9,400 EV points.
- The villagers will respawn.