The Duke's Daughter
|The Duke's Daughter|
( Tyrian only)
|Given by|| Viggo |
in Piken Square
|Followed by||Althea's Ashes|
(Click to enlarge)
 Quest information
- Search for signs of Duke Barradin's lost daughter, Althea.
- Speak to Duke Barradin to claim your reward.
- 2,000 Experience
The Ghost of Althea is found in Diessa Lowlands, so you'll need to make your way there first. If you have Grendich Courthouse unlocked, map there, then exit into the lowlands heading south. Otherwise, you can head east out of Nolani Academy which follows a somewhat shorter--if more convoluted--path than leaving directly from Piken Square itself. The ghost spawns in various locations within a limited area, but her position in a given instance is denoted by a quest marker. She is often found amidst a batch of Charr, so be prepared when you reach her. However, you need not eliminate the Charr, so you can simply speak to her, which will update the quest, then quickly map back to Piken Square where you can claim your reward from Duke Barradin.
 Initial dialogue
- "Rumor has it the reason we're out here is that the duke's daughter went missing. If the Charr have taken her, they'll be sorry. Althea is Prince Rurik's beloved, and if anything's happened to her, his wrath will be great. Look for any sign of her, and let me know if you find anything."
 Intermediate dialog
Ghost of Althea:
- "Do not be afraid. I mean you no harm.
- I am Lady Althea. or at least I was before the Charr seized me. They took me to the Flame Temple Corridor and burned me alive, but I thought of my beloved Rurik and felt no pain."
 Reward dialogue
- Duke Barradin
- "My poor Althea! I fear my heart will break... Thank you for telling me. I suppose I'm relieved to know the truth, however painful it may be."
- The Charr awaiting you can be very challenging if you are at a low level.
- Althea's ghost moves around the zone so rezoning can help with locating her.