Vanguard Rescue: Footman Tate
From Guild Wars Wiki
|Vanguard Rescue: Footman Tate|
( Tyrian only)
|Given by|| Lieutenant Langmar |
in Pre-Searing Ascalon City
(Click to enlarge)
 Quest information
- Rescue Footman Tate, who is trapped behind enemy lines in the Northlands.
- See Lieutenant Langmar for your reward.
- 5, 10, 15 Footman Tate
 NPC levels
The levels of the NPCs for this quest are determined by the least leveled party member when the Northlands are entered:
Party level Charr Tate 10...13 8 5 14...16 11 10 17...20 15 15
 Initial dialogue
- Lieutenant Langmar
- "I knew that greenhorn couldn't handle a foray into the Northlands! Footman Tate insisted he was ready to kill some Charr, so we allowed him to go along, but at the first sign of combat he vanished into the woods. We found a bit of blood where we last saw him, so chances are he is wounded as well as cowardly. That does not bode well for someone stuck behind enemy lines, especially when the Charr are involved!
- If you feel you can fare better than he did, please head to the Northlands, find that poor fool, and bring him back to this side of the Great wall. You will need someone else to go with you, though. We don't let anyone travel alone north of the Wall."
 Intermediate dialogue
- Footman Tate: "Over here! Please take me back to the other side of the Wall where I will be safe!"
- Footman Tate: "By the gods, we made it! The beasts won't be able to get us on the other side of the Wall!"
 Reward dialogue
- Lieutenant Langmar
- "I am glad you found him. Hopefully, your bravery will serve as an example for him, and we won't have to go sending people after him ever again."
- If you hire a low-level Gate monkey, ask them to zone out before you enter the Northlands. This allows you to gain the most experience from the foes, whose level is determined by the lowest-level party member that enters the zone.
- If any party member has not reached level 10, the quest foes (as well as Footman Tate) will not spawn. Ensure both party members are at least level 10 before zoning into the Northlands.
- There is an additional spawn point of Footman Tate between the two large bridges.
- If Footman Tate spawns inside or close to a group of Charr, be careful when approaching. When you get close he will automatically become an ally and the Charr will attack him. At lower levels, they can quickly kill him causing the quest to fail.
- This quest spawns a total of 30 high level charr. This is ideal for farming for Legendary Defender of Ascalon. Try combining with Vanguard Annihilation: Charr for additional foes (requires a party member with that quest active).