From Guild Wars Wiki
Quests change at 16:00 UTC, 8:00 AM Pacific Standard Time. Today's quest is in bold:
- Vanguard Annihilation: Bandits
- Vanguard Bounty: Utini Wupwup
- Vanguard Rescue: Save the Ascalonian Noble
- Vanguard Annihilation: Undead
- Vanguard Bounty: Blazefiend Griefblade
- Vanguard Rescue: Farmer Hamnet
- Vanguard Annihilation: Charr
- Vanguard Bounty: Countess Nadya
- Vanguard Rescue: Footman Tate
 Vanguard quest notes
- Langmar offers a rotating cycle of nine daily quests; characters must be at least level 10 to take them.
- The daily activities page offers an overview of upcoming quests.
- A character may only have one Vanguard Quest active at a time.
- Characters with an active Vanguard Quest in their quest log will receive an armor boost while in any explorable area. Those traveling with quest takers will not have the bonus.
- Each quest awards 1,000 experience and 50 gold.
- Foes spawned by the quests do not drop any loot.
- The level of foes changes depending on the lowest level in the party (regardless of who took the quest); the foes only spawn if all party members are at least level 10.
- If you increase to level 14 or 17 while in an explorable area, you will have to rezone to spawn the higher level foes.
- "Hail! I am Lieutenant Langmar of the Ascalon Vanguard. Our forces are spread thin with the increased Charr presence, so if you are looking for some experience on the battlefield, we could always use another willing soldier."
While a previous quest is active:
- "While your eagerness is commendable, you still have not completed the last assignment I gave you. Come talk to me once you have completed your orders and I may have a new assignment for you."
If you do not meet the requirements for accepting daily quests from her:
- "I am Langmar of the Ascalon Vanguard. After you have some more experience under your belt, I may have some tasks for you."
- These quests can be used to power level by leaving them uncompleted and rezoning simply to kill the higher-level foes.
- The Lieutenant is one of three pre-Searing characters that can be ordinarily found at level 20; the other two are Professor Yakkington and his companion, Nicholas Sandford.
- Lieutenant Langmar and her quests were added in the March 3, 2011 update, so that players would be able to earn the Legendary Defender of Ascalon title without death leveling.
- Langmar survives the Searing and becomes Captain Langmar of the Ebon Vanguard.