Across the Wall
|Across the Wall|
|Given by||Gate Guard Torin |
in Lakeside County
Across The Wall Location
- Find your way north of the wall. Search the road to Piken Square for Ben Wolfson.
- Lead Ben Wolfson back to the gate.
- Return to Gate Guard Torin for your reward.
- 250 Experience
- Longbow of Enchanting (Recurve Bow skin)
- Deadly Cesta (Truncheon skin)
- Can be salvaged
Travel into The Northlands, where Ben is located. Although the quest's dialogue states that you have to bring a partner, you can actually pull the lever, enter the opened gate and proceed with the rest of the quest entirely on your own since the June 6, 2018 update.
In the Northlands, head north, ignoring the path leading to the east towards big ruins and charr groups. You should come across a crossroads with charmeable warthogs, with two paths : one descending to the right (north-east) towards areas of water and one to the left (west) leading to a cliff and a few Oakhearts.
Follow the left path. At the end of it is a group of grawl at the bottom of the cliff to the right, a group of four charr near one of their gods' effigy to the left, and Ben in the back. Avoid aggroing any of the two hostile groups. While the grawl should not pose much of a threat, the charr will most likely kill you in a matter of seconds if you are not prepared for them. Because of this, wait until they gather before carefully sneaking past them, hugging the cliff to the right. Alternatively, instead of taking the left path at the crossroads, you can opt to go for the right path instead, then cross the lake. This allows you to avoid the charr easily, but you will have to confront the grawl first since they are on the way.
As you get in aggro range of Ben the quest will update and the grawl group will start moving towards Ben's location in an attempt to ambush you. You can either dispose of the grawl with Ben's help, or simply retreat towards the cliff, wait and sneak around them. Note that you need to get closer to Ben than just aggro range, as he will not follow you otherwise (despite him telling you "I'm right behind you"). On some occasions, the grawl may even aggro the charr, usually leading to their death.
To complete the quest, simply escort Ben back to the gate. Go through the gate yourself and talk to Torin for your reward.
- Gate Guard Torin
- "I have a personal favor to ask of you.
- A good friend of mine has gone missing north of the wall. He's a Ranger by the name of Ben Wolfson. He was on a scouting mission and was separated from his outfit when they came under attack from a Charr patrol near Piken Square."
- Ben's a survivor. I feel certain he's still alive, and I'd go after him if I could, but I have orders to remain here. I cannot even leave my post long enough to open the gate for you. To open it and pass through, you'll need a companion to pull the lever about the gate while you go through.
- I know it's a lot to ask, but if you could go north and look for him, I'd be in your debt."
- Gate Guard Torin
- "Remember, you'll need a companion to help get you through the gate. You had best head back into the city to find some help."
Upon finding Ben:
- Ben Wolfson: "Hello! Am I glad to see you. I'm not sure how much longer I'd have lasted out here."
- Ben Wolfson: "I'm right behind you."
Upon returning to the Gate:
- Ben Wolfson: "I owe you my life, friend. Thank you."
- Gate Guard Torin
- "Yes! I knew in my gut he was still alive. Thank you so much for finding him."
- Prior to the June 6, 2018 update, players needed to party up with another player in order to open the gate, as it would close faster than a player could run from the lever to the gate without some form of speed boost.