Festival hat maker
Festival hat makers are special NPCs that create festival hats for your characters. Once one of your characters has acquired a festival hat, this NPC allows all your characters to also be able to obtain that festival hat at any time.
To prepare the festival hat maker:
- Talk to any festival hat maker with a character who has a festival hat in his or her inventory.
- Show the festival hat to the festival hat maker (via the dialogue). Repeat for each festival hat as necessary.
- The shown festival hat will not be removed, but the festival hat maker will now be able to create it
To create festival hats:
- Talk to any festival hat maker and choose the option to create a new festival hat (each hat you create costs 10).
- The list of festival hats that you have already shown to a festival hat maker will show up. Select the one you want.
- The festival hat will appear in your inventory (if there is a free slot) customized to the current character.
- Shing Jea Monastery (Ludor)
- The festival hat that you want to show and duplicate must be customized to one of the characters on the same account.
- New hats are created using their default color, even if the hat you originally showed was dyed.
- You cannot create festival hats during a mission or pvp-match count down.
- This service was introduced during the Wintersday 2006 event to alleviate storage space problems since the collectible festival hats no longer needed permanent inventory space.
- The Festival Hat Keeper was a service made available to Guild Halls (alongside Canthan Ambassador and Guild Emblemer) in the December 6, 2007 game update.
- This service was modified in the 17th December 2009 update with the introduction of costume makers. They now produce festival hats that fit into the costume headpiece slot instead of the head armor slot.