Help:Ask an account question/Archive200903-200904
Adding a second account to the same computer
I have bought all of the GW games for my son. I have been playing one of the characters for quite awhile now. I wanted to get my own account and use it on the same computer. Do I need to repurchase all of the games again or just buy one account? I want access to all campaigns for the new account. How do I go about adding the new account? Also, is there anyway I can move my current character into the new account? Lorraine--220.127.116.11 11:01, 12 March 2009 (UTC)
- First of all, there is no problem in having multiple accounts but only one computer. You can just switch the accounts as often you want. To get a new account, you have to buy the games; so if you want to have access to all campaigns and EotN, you have to buy all of these for your new account. An easy and cheap way to get all of them might be simply buying Guild Wars: The Complete Collection.
- Sadly, you won't be able to move your character over to your new account as they are forever bound to the account they were created on. But of course you can trade all your items to your new account then. poke | talk 11:10, 12 March 2009 (UTC)
Thanks! You're the best, so quick to answer too. Oh ya, will I simply add the account number to the log-in page. My fear is that I will add it to the first account by accident. Lorraine--18.104.22.168 11:12, 12 March 2009 (UTC)
- When you load the game, you get this screen. Use the "Create Account or Add Access Key" link there. You will then get taken to this next screen. Here, choose the "Create a new Guild Wars account" box, and continue from there. Perhaps your son could use the new account so you could continue your old one? Just a thought. I hope that helps! --Dragon Nataku 12:04, 12 March 2009 (UTC)
Thanks again! I hope he will switch. Great suggestion, thanks. Lorraine.--22.214.171.124 12:12, 12 March 2009 (UTC)
I was unable to purchase The Complete Collection, they would not ship to my area. I have put on order Trilogy with Eye of the North, thank you. Another question, will I be able to run both accounts on the same computer at the same time, split screen? Lorraine--126.96.36.199 10:13, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
- The short but slightly inaccurate answer is no, that is not possible. It is technically possible, but you would still only have one mouse/keyboard and it requires a reasonable level of technical expertise and third party programs. Misery 10:17, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
I ask because I want to be able to give items from my current account to the new account. What third party program would I need? Thank you, Lorraine--188.8.131.52 10:23, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
- You'll need GWx2. The program and explanation is on GW Guru. --Arduinna 11:38, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry if my answer was a bit unclear at that point. What I meant is that there is nothing that prevents you from transferring items from one account to another. Starting both accounts at the same time with one computer though is not possible without third party programs (which you should better not use). However one way you can do is asking good friends or for example your guild leader (if you trust him), to help you transferring items from one account to another. You can give them your items with account #1 and come back with account #2 and get them back. That is probably the most common way people do this without using multiple computers. poke | talk 12:48, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
Thank you all for answering all of my questions. You have each provided me with much needed help. I am so happy this interactive site is available to us. Thanks again, and happy gameing to all! Lorraine--184.108.40.206 13:17, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
I have forgotten my account password, and when I click on the link to go to the page to reset it, I get an error message. My email address is <email address removed> --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk).
- Read the top of the page. Do NOT post your personal information here. Also, check the FAQ. Its all there. If all else fails, contact support. — Why 19:18, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
I have had to reinstall Guild Wars numerous times, and i get sick of downloading the maps each time I do. Is there somewhere where I can download all of the maps/outposts at the same time? --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk).
- Press the Windows Key and R, click browse and find GW.EXE in your Guild Wars directory (default C:\Program Files\Guild Wars\GW.exe), double-click it, then add -image to the end of the string. It should look like this:
- "bla bla bla\Guild Wars\GW.exe" -image
- Then hit enter. It'll take a while though, so be patient. --Jette 00:49, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
- You may want to put your gw.dat file (about 4 gigs) on a dvd or other backup. This contains all your maps, and other files specific to your account. Replace the gw.dat file created when you reinstall with your back up copy and it will eliminate the need to download anything other than files added to your dat since the back up was created. -- Wyn 18:16, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
I keep getting a code=027 error when i try to add an account how can i fix this? --22.214.171.124 23:31, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
- A 027 error indicates your name is too short? I'm not sure how that correlates to adding an access key however. I would suggest contacting support. -- Wyn 18:20, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
To anyone that created a NCSoft account....
If i create one, can i still use my old login/password for the game, or is switched to the NCSoft login/password? Damn 13 characters limit for passwords...--Fighterdoken 01:07, 24 April 2009 (UTC)
- My NCSoft master account password is different from my in-game password. If I'm understanding you correctly, they should not change at all. -- Wandering Traveler 04:54, 26 April 2009 (UTC)
- ← moved to Help:GAME#sending stuff
i need to add eotn via ingame store to a non plaync account...help
i bought the trilogy at my local best buy and used my normal email address(not a plaync accadress) to create the account. i was going to add Eye Of the north to my account via the in game storeand it asked for my account info, i gave it and it said it was invalid. do i need a plaync account to add the game thru the ingame store? if so can i switch my normal account to a plaync one compatable with eotn? --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk).
- Yes you do. A PlayNC account is easy to get. Just create the account then enter your GW account NFO to add it to the PlayNC account and your all set. Drogo Boffin 00:29, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
i bought a make over and it is not working it says i have not credits please help--Dvsmcgeetink 06:11, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
i bought guild wars prophies: game of the year edition but when i typed "/bonus" in the town i didnt get the stone that summons the fire imp. What happend? why didnt it work? plz help me --The preceding unsigned comment was added by User:Ethan.gerdes (talk).
- I don't know, but please don't remove other people's posts and sign your comments with ~~~~. Thank you! :) — Why 21:26, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
045 Permanent Ban
Sorry to bother you with this, but I have been trying very hard to get an answer from Guildwars Support and have not gotten any responce.
My fiance's account was banned recently, and the subject message said 45 Permanent Ban, Payment Fraud.
Now I am trying to figure out exactly what she did wrong, as she has had the account roughly 3 years, anything we buy we have bought with a credit card and she had just purchased the make over package for her characters and her credit/debit card says it payed the charge.
It was the first time she had been logged since the Christmas Holidays so thats a good 3 and a half 4 months of no activity, and she logged on to help me try and vanquish an area. Then she played around editing her characters logged off and the next day this code.
She did not interact with anyone other than myself, and has not played recently to really tick anyone off. The only thing I can think is that she had sent them two emails asking about how to aquire her orginal NCSoft information as she could not remember the log in aspect but had her email the account was tied to. I cannot see how this would be fraud as we bought this games first at Bestbuy and then the rest from the online store.
I know you guys cant make this right but maybe some ideas, suggestions or simple feed back on what in the world might be the cause or if somehow in some way we have done something wrong would be nice to know. I read thier sites, and have sent them an email and she has sent 3 one each day. This is day 4 have not heard anything and am confused and growing displeased with this as it does not seem very fair.
Sorry about the long running story but wanted it clear what is going on so maybe someone with more knowledge than I might see the problem or have a suggestion.
I'm not the most computer savy person so If I have done this wrong or missed something I apologize.
(188.8.131.52 13:47, 28 April 2009 (UTC))
- How long have you been waiting to get a response from support? How did you contact them? Biscuits 14:02, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
Sorry again if I am replying wrong, I just clicked on edit and am adding here. We both sent them emails using the web browser function. The first two she sent about her NSsoft account was on Saturday so that would be 4 days. Because it was early morning. On Sunday morning they had banned her account. On sunday morning she emailed them again and I did so on Sunday night. So 2 days for her 1 day for me. My thoughts on normal business day were set aside when they banned her on the weekend. If they can ban her my thoughts were they could also respond as to why they banned her. Again might be wrong on that but I apperciate your help and thoughts.
(184.108.40.206 14:12, 28 April 2009 (UTC))
- NCSoft Support is closed on Saturdays and Sundays, they have lives too (supposedly). Furthermore, they are presently being crapflooded with requests for account names because ANet didn't have the common sense to just enable the new free storage tab for everyone, so you may have a delayed response.
- As for why you have been banned, there are several likely causes. The first is: a bad name. If someone perceived one of your character's names as being offensive, you may have been banned for it but it is very uncommon for that to result in a permanent block. The second is in-game misbehavior. If your or your fiancee did something dickish (scamming people, causing a disturbance, exploiting an exploit, etc.), then you've been blocked as punishment. The third is RMT, or "real-money trading." Did you try to buy money online? Yeah, that's a really bad idea for a whole mess of reasons. It's also prohibited. The fourth is botting. If you used a macro of some kind to automate processes of the game, you've been banned for botting. The last one is the most likely, because it's one of the few offenses that automatically results in a permaban. It is possible, though, for the bot detection measures to get false positives. If that is the case, they may decide to unblock you.
- Once you've discovered Support to be obstinate and unhelpful (this usually takes an average of 4 responses from them -- don't bother trying this until you've gotten that many), you might try speak to Gaile Gray on her support page. If you aren't guilty, she may be able to help you. Don't bother if you know you screwed up though. --Jette 14:26, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
Thanks. I will look into the things you have said. I know she was not scamming or talking to anyone as I have to sale her things for her, she is to shy to talk to anyone. But the other things will find out, I do not believe she tried to buy money, but will double check anyway, and the bot thing, not sure how it would think she is one but your right that is a possibility. The explanation of the long responce time makes alot of sense, I had not taken that into consideration. I will give them the rest of this week, and maybe that will be enough time and try to work with them, if no responce by then or after a number of working attempts, I will attempt to contact Ms. Gray, or something else then. I would really just like to know what she did that made them mad. So would she. And then get it made right if possible, but again thanks for your input.
(220.127.116.11 14:46, 28 April 2009 (UTC))