|Section||Realm of Torment Quests|
|Given by|| Apostate |
in Gate of Fear
(Realm of Torment)
(Click to enlarge)
Guard the Apostate as he recovers his things.
- Escort the Apostate while he retrieves his writings.
- Protect the Apostate from the Margonite Stalker!
- See Apostate for your reward.
Carefully follow the Apostate in the Domain of Fear and avoid over-aggro. He sometimes stops and waits for you (he runs quicker as he isn't affected by Cower in Fear). Also, he is not targeted by foes, so you do not have to worry about his safety. Moving near him should make him start running again. Expect a fight when you reach your destination. There will be a Margonite Stalker and 5 Margonite Bowmasters to deal with. The fight should be fairly simple.
If you want to play it safe, start this quest from the Gate of Secrets and clear the pathway to the Apostate, then you can just follow him back to the end point and not worry about accidental aggro. This method will only add a couple of extra minutes to the quest.
- 24 (24) Apostate
- "If you would indulge me, I would proffer a trade...my knowledge for your protection. I've turned from Abaddon's path due to certain...knowledge that I have acquired. Because of this, I've become hated among my old allies, and even now I am hunted. Travel is nigh impossible, yet I must return to my writings as they are all I have left in this place.
- "Please accompany me through the Domain of Fear while I retrieve them. Will you protect me?"
- Talking to The Apostate in the Domain of Fear
- "Ah, you're here. Let us be off, then."
- When approaching Margonite Stalker
- Margonite Stalker: "Ah, you finally arrive. Misguieded as you are, at least your sense of perserverance has not left you."
- Apostate: "Give me my writings; they are no concern of yours."
- Margonite Stalker: "On the contrary, any such nonsense spouted against our Lord is of concern to me. And now that I have you here I'll put an end to this heresy."
- Apostate: "There is truth in my words! Have you read the text?"
- Margonite Stalker: "Silence. You've said enough. Such blasphemies against our Lord cannot go unpunished. You knew the penalty of such sacrilegious utterances. I've not come to discuss the matter with you. I am here to end this."
- "Thank you for protecting me. And for your help, I shall now fulfill my end of the bargain.
- You may have wondered why I was being chased so vehemently by Abaddon's hunters, and I believe it is as simple as this: I do not believe Abaddon to be an eternal god. There were other gods before him, before he was imprisoned here. And I believe that while the power he uses cannot be destroyed, he may be supplanted, as he supplanted his predecessor.
- Use this knowledge for your benefit."