The Apostate is an outcast Margonite. He veered away from Abaddon's path after coming to believe that Abaddon is not an eternal god, that there were other gods before he was imprisoned in the Realm of Torment. He also believes that while the power Abaddon uses cannot be destroyed, he can be supplanted, as he supplanted his predecessor.
Quests involved in:
- Dismiss Condition
- Divine Intervention
- Spell Breaker (elite)
- Watchful Healing
- Abaddon's Chosen (monster skill)
- Abaddon's Favor (monster skill)
- "Greetings, fellow heretic."
- Dismiss Condition and Divine Intervention are the only skills he actually uses. He has no party members and is impervious to damage, so none of the others are ever used.
- Apostate and the Lost are the only friendly Margonites.
- Arachnia is the name given by location descriptions in the gw.dat to a dead spider god, one of a number of gods of insectoid beings older than Abaddon and the Five True Gods themselves. These descriptions were never intentionally released to players, however, and so cannot be considered fully canon.
- In Guild Wars 2, he is referenced as the author of the Map of the All.