The Assassin's Revenge
|The Assassin's Revenge|
|Section||Charr Homelands Quests|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
|Given by|| Captain Langmar |
in Grothmar Wardowns
|Preceded by||The Imploding Past|
Quest map beginning from Doomlore Shrine
Find out Anton's secret, assist him with his vengeance, and gain him as a companion.
- Meet Anton in Sacnoth Valley.
- Find and defeat Rend Ragemauler
- Defeat Rend Ragemauler's guards. You have killed [0..9] of 9 guards.
- See Captain Langmar for your reward.
Enter Sacnoth through the Dalada Uplands zone. Anton will meet you close to the entrance. Follow the quest marker west a short way, and you will find Rend Ragemauler surrounded by his guards. After a talk between the two, Ragemauler sets his guards on you. Defeat them, talk a little more, and Ragemauler himself will attack. Defeat him to complete the quest. The quest is very easy if you come in as a Siege Devourer from the Uplands.
- 20 (20) Anton
- 20 (26) Charr Seeker (6 of them)
- 20 (26) Charr Axemaster
- 20 (26) Charr Blademaster
- 20 (26) Charr Flameshielder
- Captain Langmar
Here we are, engaged in battle for our very survival, and Anton goes off in a quest for personal vengeance. I will have his hide for this! And by all accounts, Rend Ragemauler is a threat we would have to deal with. We shall help Anton with his Vendetta. Then we can turn his attention to other things. Anton is searching Sacnoth Valley for his quarry. Find him and bring this ugly matter to a close.
- Anton: "Ahh...here you are again. You have the persistence of a jade scarab searching for a dark recess to lay its eggs."
- Anton: "Well, you have proved useful in the past. Come. The time for revenge is at hand."
- Anton: "You have stood by me, [Party Leader], so you should know the truth of the matter."
- Anton: "When the Charr attacked Ascalon, I made a deal with the invaders in return for the lives of my friends and family. I provided Rend Ragemauler useful information."
- Anton: "I was caught in my traitorous actions, and that is why I was in prison when Surmia fell."
- Anton: "I returned to my village to find bodies stacked as high as huts."
- Anton: "I am not the noble soldier Langmar thinks: I am a fool and a traitor. I have paid for my mistakes with the blood of my family and of my friends."
- Anton: "I cannot change what I have done, nor can I forgive myself. I can only seek vengeance for those who died because of my folly."
- Anton: "One way or another, my rage shall finally be sated."
- Anton: "Rend Ragemauler!"
- Rend Ragemauler: "You look familiar! Yes! You're the sad little traitor from Ascalon! I thought you were executed!"
- Anton: "I lived, and now it is the time for you to face my justice!"
- Rend Ragemauler: "You have come a long way to die, meat!
Defeating the Guards
- Rend Ragemauler: "I yield, meat! I surrender! Let us strike a deal!"
- Anton: "I know too well of your deals. Focus your gaze upon these three swords on my back."
- Anton: "Each blade I carry as a reminder of what you took away from me. My family. My village. My honor. I want them back!"
- Anton: "It is done. My rage sated in blood. My promises are fulfilled, though I will never bring my loved ones back. My own crime remains."
- Anton: "I cannot return to the Ebon Vanguard. They do not know the truth. Let me follow you and aid you in your struggles. And perhaps, in time, I can atone for my sins."
- Captain Langmar
Thank you for helping Anton. With Ragemauler dead, the Charr forces will be in disarray...for awhile anyway. I cannot have a soldier who goes off on his own missions. Perhaps if Anton could travel with you, he could learn to control his inner demons. You should find him invaluable. He is a survivor. Just remember, even though your cause is true, it can lure you into obsession. It can drown you in darkness.
- It is possible to get to Sacnoth Valley without fighting anything. If you follow the path from Grothmar to the east and follow it south, you can use the ridges to either side of this path to avoid the Charr patrols.
- The reject dialog "Rage...fading, fading. Ahhh. What did you say?" is a reference to the Simpsons episode that is a parody of The Shining.