The Hunter's Horn
|The Hunter's Horn|
|Given by||Chantalle the Troubadour |
in Lakeside County
- Purify the hunter's horn in the healing spring in Regent Valley.
- Go to the fishing village south of the tower in Wizard's Folly and deliver the purified horn to Aidan.
- 500 Experience
- Longbow of Fortitude (Half Moon skin)
- Can be salvaged
After receiving the quest from Chantalle head southeast towards Regent Valley. Once you travel through the portal into Regent Valley start heading south towards the healing spring. This quest has a lot of running across long distances, so make sure your character will survive the journey. At the Healing Spring there are River Skale, Black Bears, Wolves, and all around are Grawl, so when doing the quest make sure you take your time and kill everybody on the way. Once you have purified the Horn by clicking on the Healing Spring with the Hunter's Horn in your inventory it's icon will become whiter and turn into the purified Horn. Once done the quest marker will update leading you west to the entrance to Wizard's Folly where Aidan will be located. Once in Wizard's Folly, travel west along the river until you come to a town, go south, and then east, where you will find Aidan. Talk to him and get your reward.
- Chantalle the Troubadour
- "A while ago, I was given an old Minotaur horn by a Canthan trader. Out of it, I have fashioned a hunter's horn, which I would like to give to Aidan. I have used all my art to fashion this horn, but the final step is beyond my talents. To fully reach its potential, this horn must be bathed in the water of a healing spring.
- Such a spring is rumored to be located in the south part of Regent Valley. Aidan, last I heard, was visiting the fishing village south of the tower in Wizard's Folly."
- Chantalle the Troubadour
- "Now that you have purified the horn, all that remains is for you to deliver is to Aidan. Last I heard, he was visiting the fishing village south of the tower in Wizard's Folly."
- "There's nothing like the joy of music. Soothing to the heart and mind and soul. What's on your mind?"
- "What a beautiful horn. You needn't say who made it; I can see Chantalle's workmanship in every graven detail. I can also see that this horn has been purified in some way. Can it be that it was cleansed in a healing spring? Truly, this is the finest hunter's horn I have ever seen. I am deeply grateful for what you have done."
- The spot you purify the horn is close to the area where you are asked to charm an animal during the quest The Ranger's Companion from Master Ranger Nente.
- If your character is either a primary or secondary Ranger, you might consider going on to Ivor Trueshot and completing his quest before purifying the horn. You can then go to Aidan with the purified horn, and complete his Ranger quest as well while you are there.