|Given by||Mary Malone |
in Pre-Searing Regent Valley
(Click to enlarge)
Travel into the apple orchard to retrieve a basket of apples for Mary Malone.
- Tyrian (Prophecies) character
- Character in pre-Searing
- Find the Basket of Apples. Take it to Mary Malone.
- 250 Experience
- Battle Axe of Enchanting (Hatchet skin)
- Slashing Dmg: 5-10
- Damage +10% (vs. Hexed foes)
- Enchantments last 10% longer1
- Storm Artifact
- Energy +3
- Armor +5 (vs. elemental damage)
- Halves skill recharge of spells (Chance: 5%)
- Can be salvaged
Travel south from Fort Ranik then east toward an area with arches. Giant Needle Spiders will popup at the entrance of the path leading to the area and all around the arches. Kill them and then pick up the basket (underneath a tree).
Picking the basket will cause additional spiders to come down from the trees. As with most bundles, you cannot attack with your weapon and your movement speed is reduced while carrying the basket. You can however drop it and pick it up again after the fight should you need to attack. Kill the spiders and travel back to Mary with the basket to get your reward. You will be under attack from additional spiders near the entrance of the path leading to the arches.
Do not map travel as a shortcut, because map traveling will cause the basket to disappear, similarly to the strongbox in the Bandit Raid quest.
- Mary Malone
- "Ah, I'm so glad you happened along. Could you help me, please? I was out here picking apples... I'd almost filled my basket when the spiders... ugh, they were everywhere! It must have been the scent of the apples that attracted them. Anyway, I dropped my basket and ran! What else could I do? But I won't get any wages for today if I don't get that basket back. Can you go into the orchard and get my basket for me? Those spiders won't give you any trouble, I'll warrant."
- Mary Malone
- "Thank you so much! You're so kind to help me. I don't know what I would have done."
- Picking up the Basket of Apples will cause in total 6 level 2 additional spiders to spawn on the way back, 3 next to the arches, 3 others near the exit. The spawn location is about the same as the regular spawns.
- Sometimes a spider may spawn inside a tree.
- This item only allows the carrier to complete the quest. If the other player in the group needs the quest as well you will have to rezone to repeat the quest.