The Rite of Valor
|The Rite of Valor|
|Section||Shing Jea Island Quests|
|Given by|| Gull Hookbeak |
in Jaya Bluffs
(Shing Jea Island)
Let Gull Hookbeak to prove his worth by killing a different Yeti.
- Locate a powerful Yeti that Gull Hookbeak can kill to complete the Rite of Valor.
- Speak with Gull Hookbeak.
- Eliminate the Yeti without killing Yrrg Snagtooth.
- See Gull Hookbeak for your reward
You will find Gull Hookbeak on a small plateau/hill between the Silver Crimson Skull Coin Collector and Stolen Supplies Collector in combat with Yorrt Strongjaw. Kill Strongjaw first then speak to Gull to begin the quest. Follow the quest marker to the yeti outlined in the quest, Yrrg Snagtooth. After you have done this, kill the yetis around the boss without killing the boss. Weaken him to allow Gull to deliver the killing blow. Speak to Gull once more to accept your reward.
- "Human interloper, you know not what you have done. No doubt you foolishly believe you have aided me, but you have in fact deprived me of the chance to complete the Rite of Valor and prove myself. If you cannot find another worthy foe for my blade, you shall have to suffice."
- "Yrrg Snagtooth! Yes, my tribemates know him well. This foe is more than worthy and will allow me to complete the Rite of Valor with pride. Those others, however, are beneath me. If you would atone me for depriving me of my earlier foe, you must kill them...but leave Yrrg Snagtooth for me. Do this, and I will be grateful. But if you kill him before I do, you will leave me no choice but to earn my honor with your blood."
- "You have atoned for your mistake, but do not think this makes us allies. If I see you again, only one of us will walk away from the encounter, and it will not be you."
- This quest is useful to farm Stolen Supplies, since it causes additional groups of Yeti to spawn.
- Be careful with henchmen and/or heroes during this quest, lest you accidentally kill Yrrg Snagtooth with AoE damage.
- You will get credit for the quest if Snagtooth dies out of compass range of the other Yeti, regardless of how he dies.
- Thus, some people choose to pull the boss away from the main battle.