The Troubled Keeper
|The Troubled Keeper|
|Section||Realm of Torment Quests|
|Given by|| Keeper Jinyssa |
in Gate of Torment
(Realm of Torment)
|Preceded by||Breaking the Broken|
|Type|| Secondary quest|
(Click to enlarge)
- Speak to Keeper Jinyssa when all members of your party are ready to defend the Gate of Torment.
- Defend the Gate of Torment from the attacking demon army. # of 3 attack groups remain.
- Keeper Jinyssa must survive the battle.
- See Keeper Jinyssa for your reward.
Keeper Jinyssa transports you to the mission location. There is a one minute countdown timer before the first wave spawns. Your allies consist of one Forgotten Sage and three Forgotten Cursebearers to the northeast, one Forgotten Sage and three Forgotten Illusionists to the southwest and two Forgotten Sages, one Forgotten Arcanist and Keeper Jinyssa, a Mesmer, in the center. Waves attack from the northeast and southwest, with four groups in each wave and pauses between waves. Keeper Jinyssa dies easily if he or she aggroes the attackers, Blades of Corruption, Rains of Terror, Scythes of Chaos and Margonite Sorcerers are particularly dangerous due to their high damage capacity.
The following is a chart of the waves' group makeup:
One way of completing the mission with heroes and henchmen is to use a tank on one side while the rest of the team defeats the group on the other side. Switch places after the enemies on one side are dead.
- Due to high amount of corpses available, a minion master can be helpful.
- 20 (20) Forgotten Sage (x4)
- 20 (20) Forgotten Cursebearer (x3)
- 20 (20) Forgotten Illusionist (x3)
- 20 (20) Keeper Jinyssa
- 20 (20) Forgotten Arcanist
- 24 (26) Margonite Executioner
- 24 (26) Margonite Bowmaster
- 24 (26) Margonite Cleric
- 24 (26) Margonite Warlock
- 24 (26) Margonite Seer
- 24 (26) Margonite Sorcerer
- 24 (26) Margonite Ascendant
- 24 (26) Margonite Reaper
Demons (Torment creatures)
- 28 (30) Blade of Corruption
- 28 (30) Arm of Insanity
- 28 (30) Word of Madness
- 28 (30) Herald of Nightmares
- 28 (30) Rain of Terror
- 28 (30) Scythe of Chaos
- Keeper Jinyssa
- "The Forgotten Keepers fight valiantly day after day to hold back the armies of Abaddon, and it is a battle we are quickly losing. I just received a report that demons have breached our outer defenses. Will you take up arms again and defend this last bastion of resistance?"
- Keeper Jinyssa
- "Your entire party will leave this outpost and be taken into the midst of a battle against the attacking demonic army. Are you sure your party is ready to defend the Gate of Torment?"
- Accept: "We are ready."
- Decline: "We are not ready yet."
At the start of the siege:
- Keeper Jinyssa: "Prepare your souls, mortals! The demons approach!"
After the first wave:
- Keeper Jinyssa: "The first wave has fallen, but the battle is not yet won!"
After the second wave:
- Keeper Jinyssa: "None shall pass! Demons, that is."
After the third wave:
- Keeper Jinyssa: "The last of the invaders has fallen. We live to fight another day within this prison. How...wonderful."
- Keeper Jinyssa
- "The demons will be back, and in greater numbers. But in the present, we Forgotten offer you what little we have to you assistance, though I regret to say it will not help you... Abaddon grows stronger with each passing moment. If someone does not defeat him your reality will slowly fade like a sorrowful memory..."