|Section||Festival Event Quests|
|Given by|| Elder Skruuj |
in Kamadan, Jewel of Istan
|Followed by||How the Grentches Stole Wintersday|
(Click to enlarge)
Stop some kids from spreading tales of a grand snowman named Freezie by destroying their snowmen.
- Must not have Save the Reindeer, Find the Stolen Presents, or Spreading the Wintersday Spirit in your quest log.
- Rendezvous with the Humbugs on the Plains of Jarin.
- Destroy the Freezie Wannabes. [3...0] of 3 remain.
- See Elder Skruuj for your reward.
Leaving from Kamadan, go into the Plains of Jarin and join the three waiting Humbugs. Follow the green arrow to each Freezie Wannabe and kill them. After you killed three of them, map back to Kamadan and talk to Elder Skruuj for your reward.
- In addition to the NPCs normally encountered in the Plains of Jarin
- 12 (24) Freezie Wannabe
- "Grenth is infuriated by last years Wintersday defeat. We must do whatever it takes to ensure a victory for His Moodiness and teach everyone that Wintersday is not to be taken lightly. Or joyfully."
- "A few Istani kids have been spreading foolish tales of a great snowman named Freezie being built in Tyria. What's even worse is that they are determined to make an even grander snowman of their own. We need to teach these sniveling snow brats that Wintersday is no time for such trifling matters, but a grim season of reflection and self-loathing. Go to the Plains of Jarin and rid us of this abominable snowman! I'll provide you with some Humbugs to ensure you do the job with extreme prejudice. Well, what are you waiting for? Get smashing!
- Istani Child: "Hey, it took me all day to make him. Waaaaaaa!!!"
- Istani Child: "Oh, what a cruel world!"
- Istani Child: "What did he ever do you?" [sic]
- Istani Child: "My snowman! Dwayna, how could you let this happen?"
- Istani Child: "Son of a Grentch must pay!"
- Istani Child: "You complete and total buttface! You ruined my snowman!"
- "Did the children cry and whine? They'll get over it. This is the only way they'll learn that Wintersday is a serious time of the year, not one for mirth and merriment. Grenth is most pleased with your performance but our work has just begun. Speak to me again when you are ready to spread the jeer."