Stemming the Skeletal Tide
|Stemming the Skeletal Tide|
|Section||Festival Event Quests|
|Prophecies or Nightfall|
|Given by|| Mad King's Steward |
in Lion's Arch or Kamadan, Jewel of Istan
|Preceded by||Don't Fear the Reapers|
|Followed by||Every Bit Helps and The Waiting Game|
Locations of the Skeletons of Dhuum
Defeat and collect one Skeleton from the Underworld.
 Quest information
- Enter the Underworld.
- Use the Everlasting Mobstopper to trap the spirit of a weakened Skeleton of Dhuum.
- Bring the Captured Skeleton to the Mad King's Steward.
Unlike the previous quests, you will need to enter the Underworld by the regular means (although the world does not need to have favor if paying the Voice of Grenth). The character must be Ascended, Weh no Su or have completed Hunted! to be able to enter the Underworld (but see Notes). All foes in the Underworld will return to their regular spawns and patrols, but Skeletons of Dhuum will also patrol various areas. The closest Skeleton of Dhuum can be found immediately at the starting point.
Explore the Underworld until you encounter a Skeleton of Dhuum. After weakening the Skeleton of Dhuum (to approximately 25% health), or simply killing it, double-click on the Everlasting Mobstopper in your inventory to capture it. Skeletons of Dhuum can only be captured when dead for a limited time. Multiple players are able to capture the same Skeleton of Dhuum. After capturing the Skeleton of Dhuum you can choose to continue in the Underworld or resign, and see the Mad King's Steward.
 Initial dialogue
- Mad King's Steward
Greetings! I'm glad you've returned. I have...curious news from the Mad Realm. His Dreadful Majesty, who is usually ready to believe just about anything, remains obstinate about the possibility of Dhuum's reemergence. The Reapers have sent word that Dhuum's elite skeletal soldiers have been appearing throughout the Underworld in greater and greater numbers. If we could present Mad King Thorn with the remains of one of these minions, he would most likely see the danger on the horizon. Unfortunately, killing them only adds to Dhuum's growing power. If you were instead to weaken one of Dhuum's minions without killing it, you should be able to imprison it within an Everlasting Mobstopper. Return to me quickly with the trapped enemy, and I will place it before my lord.
 Reward dialogue
- Mad King's Steward
You do come through in a pinch! Now to convince Mad King Thorn and determine how Dhuum's slumber may be extended indefinitely. My Thanks, mortal!
- The dialogue was rewritten in 2010. See here for the 2009 text.
- A character that cannot enter the Underworld can still complete this quest as long as another character on the account, that can enter the Underworld, collects and places the Captured Skeletons in storage so the other characters can turn them in.
- This is a festival quest that is only available during the Halloween festival since 2009.
- This quest was introduced in Halloween 2009 with a reward of 15 Trick-or-Treat Bags, which was increased to 50 in 2010.