The Tengu Accords
|The Tengu Accords|
|Section||Shing Jea Island Quests|
|Campaign||Bonus Mission Pack|
|Given by|| Durmand |
in Lion's Arch, Kaineng Center,
Kamadan, Jewel of Istan
(Click to enlarge)
- 1 Mission information
- 2 Walkthrough
- 3 NPCs
- 4 Dialogue
- 5 Notes
- 6 Trivia
- Togo's Staff equipped.
- Alone in party.
- Speak to each delegate before peace negotiations commence.
- Talk to Minister Wona when you are ready to begin the summit.
- Protect the Tengu delegates.
- Find the conniving Minister Wona and slay him for his betrayal.
- Defeat Captain Sunpu of the elite guard.
- Defeat Yuri the Hand, elite Assassin.
- Defeat Master Riyo, dojo headmaster.
- Return your completed Togo's Story to Akemi in Kamadan, Lion's Arch or Kaineng Center to receive one (1) Tengu weapon of your choice from any profession. Players may turn in as many stories as desired to receive weapons, but the experience gained from Discoveries are only attained once.
- Discovery - You've discovered the remote locations Togo would have searched to clear Minister Wona's estate of assassins.
- Discovery - You showed how Togo could have preserved the lives of all the Tengu leaders.
- Slayer Bonus - You showed how Talon Silverwing and Togo could have vanquished all of Master Riyo's disciples.
|Call to the Spirit Realm||Essence Strike (Togo)||Spirit Burn (Togo)||Spirit Rift (Togo)||Mend Body and Soul (Togo)||Offering of Spirit (Togo)||Disenchantment (Togo)||Dragon Empire Rage|
Once your rage bar has filled up, you will not have to repeatedly refill it; this means you can make ample use of the powerful Dragon Empire Rage skill. Before engaging possibly dangerous groups of enemies, make sure you have spirits up - this gives benefits to a number of your skills, as well as providing support, and makes most encounters very easy.
When you spawn, simply climb up the stairs towards the entrance of the mansion. Enter it, and the gate will open for you. Talk to each Tengu and then initiate the negotiations with Minister Wona. He will then begin a speech about how everyone must die; use this time to cast Call to the Spirit Realm and then Offering of Spirit. Remember to heal the Tengu, although unless you are playing discovery mode, it does not matter if one dies. With their support, and your powerful spiking spells, you should easily defeat the attackers, and in doing so, fill up Togo's rage bar.
The rest of the Tengus will not accompany you through the mission, leaving only Talon Silverwing as your ally. Move to one of the pinged areas on the map, and continue down the hall, killing enemies as you come to them. Dragon Empire Rage can kill most of the enemies in one hit, so if you are having difficulty keeping Silverwing alive in discovery mode, simply use the skill to eliminate them, then wait for it to recharge.
The enemy group sizes are mostly small. You will encounter pairs of guards with occasional mid-sized groups of assassins interspersed here and there. Beware one section however, wherein a large group of initially neutral guards appear who then turn hostile. When these guards charge all at once, they can easily overwhelm you and Talon if the recharge time of your Dragon Empire Rage skill hasn't expired yet. A good tip here is to advance towards them until one shouts "Charge!". At this point, stop and cast Call to the Spirit Realm and then fall back until the spirits are beyond your danger zone. The guards will fall under their attack as they advance and will then turn on the spirits, allowing you to advance and finish most (if not ALL) with a single, well-timed Dragon Empire Rage. Another method is to run to the point where the soldier shouts "Charge!", then cast Call to the Spirit Realm and wait there until Talon Silverwing runs towards them. He will position himself on the left hand side of the passage. Wait until he is surrounded by every single guard and take them all out with Dragon Empire Rage. If timed correctly, Talon will not die.
The hallway will lead to a set of stairs, take the right hand stairs and wait at the top for the first group of Assassins, cast 'Call to the Spirit Realm' and concentrate on healing talon. Save your 'Dragon Empire Rage' skill for when the other group of Assassins catches you up from the left hand side. After fighting the large number of assassins, you will reach a clearing containing Yuri the Hand. After some dialogue, he will change to an enemy, but will not attack. Use this time to cast both Call to the Spirit Realm and most importantly Disenchantment - as this will remove his defensive enchantments and make him easier to kill. Make sure that you cast them in range of where he will move to (keeping in mind that Silverwing will move forward to engage him, and he may not move as far as you expect - just at the bottom of the stairs should be fine, just make sure you start the aggro, not Talon.) then continue to spike him, using Mend Body and Soul to keep Talon Silverwing alive.
When he is defeated, the gate behind him will open and you can enter. Inside, you will find Master Riyo. After a short cutscene, his allies will move away and he will change to an enemy. His allies will not interfere during the fight, so you can safely ignore them. This is one of the easiest parts of the mission, all you have to do is hide behind one of the columns in the room so his spirits cannot hit you. Then you can wear him down with your skills while healing yourself. Silverwing will not engage him unless you move quite close. If attempting the slayer bonus, you then need to wait for the students to turn hostile to you and finish them off. Pre-casting the spirits will help. If you run straight into the middle of the students while Master Riyo is still friendly and cast your spirits, Talon should move close enough to engage himself in combat, this makes the process a little quicker and instead of healing yourself you will just have to heal Talon. The Far back two pillars are too far to cast spells from so move up to the next column to hide behind it.
Continue on until you reach the outside, where you can see Captain Sunpu and Minister Wona, along with a large number of guards. Ensure that Dragon Empire Rage has fully recharged before getting in aggro range. They will mass around Talon Silverwing; approach them and use Dragon Empire Rage and they will all die. If they don't all die or Talon Silverwing dies before they all reach him, just run around the edges of the place you are in until Dragon Empire Rage is usable again. If you wait until the very last moment, Talon will most likely die but the guards will all be in range and the whole group should be wiped out.
Captain Sunpu will then turn aggressive. Eliminate her using the same manner as the other single fights; Minister Wona will not interfere until she is dead. After you have killed her, Minister Wona will turn aggressive. He is an earth elementalist, and has a large range, Cast 'Call to the Spirit Realm' at the front of the bridge that Minister Wona is standing on, and then cast 'Disenchantment' half way between your first spirits and Wona. Position yourself between the spirits you have just cast, this will prevent Wona from wiping all of your spirits out at once. Use Togo's main two attack spells and concentrate on healing Talon Silverwing, this will allow you to deal damage while keeping Wona focused on one target. You shouldn't even need to use 'Dragon Empire Rage' as this will compromise your healing rhythm. If you get your timings right then Talon will survive the battle.
The mission will complete when you have successfully defeated the Minister.
Discovery: Discovery 1
Discovery: Discovery 2
This one is easily the hardest, as your job is not over once you have vanquished the initial onslaught of assassins -- you must continue to protect Talon Silverwing throughout the remainder of the mission.
The easiest way to handle large groups is to let your spirits draw aggro, then run in and cast Dragon Empire Rage on the now balled-up mobs. (You may need to back up a bit after placing your spirits, to prevent Talon from running ahead.) Note that during most of the initial fight, in which you must protect all three tengu, you will not have access to Dragon Empire Rage. Just keep your spirits up and prioritise healing.
The final area is particularly difficult, as you will be besieged by three large groups of guards at once. Cast Call to the Spirit Realm as soon as the cutscene ends -- you will have just enough time to do this before the guards turn hostile -- then cast Spirit Rift on the middle group. By now this group will have aggro'd Talon, and the two side groups will be closing in. Spam your heal on Talon until the three groups are bunched up, then use Dragon Empire Rage.
Discovery: Slayer Bonus
For this discovery you need to slay all of Master Riyo's disciples. To make them aggro just wait about 20 seconds after you have killed Master Riyo. The easiest way to take them down is to stand near one of the exit gates. This is so that you only fight three of the disciples at a time. They poison their arrows so make sure you keep healing, preferably with a spirit nearby so as to trigger Mend Body and Soul's condition removal.
- 10 Estate Guard (many of these only turn hostile after a mission trigger)
- 15 Assassin
- 15 Student (turns hostile at the end of act IV)
- 15 Student (turns hostile at the end of act IV)
- Durmand "Relive the historic event when Togo joined the Tengu at Minister Wona's mountain estate to bring an end to the bloody Tengu Wars."
- Canthan Royal Guard: "We have finally arrived at the house of War Minister Wona, Togo. Look at the view!"
- Master Togo: "That was an exhausting trek, was it not? Wona has quite the lofty estate."
- Canthan Royal Guard: "Do you truly believe Wona will be able to broker peace between Canthans and Tengu? It seems a heroic task, to say the least."
- Master Togo: "I believe it is a task worth undertaking and commend Wona on his good intentions. I sincerely hope the bad blood between Canthans and Tengu can be put aside this day."
Act I - The Meeting
Entering the compound:
- Estate Guard: "Togo, it is good you have arrived. Minister Wona, along with the rest of the peace delegation, awaits you in the central chamber."
- Estate Guard (by the entrance): "It is an honor, Togo. Welcome to Minister Wona's estate."
Central meeting chamber:
- Minister Wona: "I see our final guest has arrived. Welcome to my mountain hideaway, Togo."
- Minister Wona: "Please take a moment to introduce yourself to our esteemed Tengu guests. When you are ready to begin the talks, come speak to me."
Speaking to the delegates on the Tengu Wars:
- Gull Hookbeak: "Pray to your gods this meeting results in peace. Otherwise, the Sensali will erase any existence of your kind."
- Master Togo: "Tell me your view on the Tengu Wars."
- Gull Hookbeak: "You have brought death upon your kind, human. Keep talking. The longer we drag this out, the more men my brethren will gut with their bare claws. The Angchu are foolish to think you can be trusted. No matter; the Sensali will end this war in due time."
- Swift Honorclaw: "The Angchu recognize that peace is a better recourse for human and Tengu alike. Should this feud continue, the stench of death will hang heavy in the air. Human corpses will be stacked to the tops of mountains and rival out losses. Do not be fooled; peace will be on equal terms, or there will be no peace at all. Which outcome do you prefer?"
- Master Togo: "Tell me your view on the Tengu Wars."
- Swift Honorclaw: "This war is the fault of your emperor and his expansionist agenda. The fight was brought to us. If not for your farmers and their reeking crops and your diseases invading our homes, there would be no war. What honor is there in burning our hatchlings while they sleep? In slaughtering our child-bearers? No. We will not yield. We will fight until the corpse of every last Canthan rots in the morning sun. Peace is the only hope for your species."
- Talon Silverwing: "I am Talon Silverwing of the Angchu. We have come to see if you humans truly wish for peace. Honor is our code. If your intentions are true, perhaps we can put this fight behind us. Cross us and we shall bury you."
- Master Togo: "Tell me your view on the Tengu Wars."
- Talon Silverwing: "Understand me, human: we are a valiant race, and are not to be trifled with. If you dare terrorize, deceive or oppress us, we will fight you with every weapon we possess. If you truly have honor in your heart, you will negotiate with us as equals."
- Minister Wona: "As the minister of war, I have learned there are times to raise your sword and others when you must sheathe it. Today, a new chapter will be written in Canthan history, one that reflects a sea change in human and Tengu relations. It is most fortunate the emperor sent you as his representative, Togo. Your even temper and diplomatic skill will be pivotal in today's negotiations. When you are ready to begin the summit, please inform me and I shall commence the ceremony."
- Master Togo: "What is your stance on the Tengu Wars?"
- Minister Wona: "My stance? The Tengu are filthy animals not fit for a stew! They harass my vassals, set fire to my fields, and disrupt trade. They claim we are "invading their sovereign territory" as the empire continues to spread. Bah! As a younger man I would have ordered the entire race exterminated!"
- Minister Wona: "But alas, violence is not always the answer. I have learned the value of diplomacy in obtaining harmony and balance. In life, sacrifices must be made for the greater good to accomplish wealth and power. It is in Cantha's interest to deal with these savages through other means, which is why I have called this summit. It is my hope that we can reach common ground on my estate, free from the intrigues of the imperial court."
The summit proceedings:
- Minister Wona: "Friends and honored guests, men and Tengu, I ask for your undivided attention, please."
- Minister Wona: "We have traveled a treacherous road to this fateful day. It is my hope that when we are finished here, this matter will finally be behind us."
- Minister Wona: "However, after long and careful deliberation, I have decided there can be no peace."
- Minister Wona: "For the good of Cantha, you all must die."
- Minister Wona: "Seal the doors! Let none escape! Bring me Togo's corpse!"
- Master Togo: "Friends, fight for your lives! The fate of the Tengu rests on your survival!"
Act II - Betrayal
- Master Togo: "We have been betrayed this day, but not by Cantha or the emperor. Minister Wona acts on his own accord, for his own selfish gain!"
- Gull Hookbeak: "Humans are lying murderers. The Sensali have been betrayed for the last time."
- Swift Honorclaw: "The Angchu see no reason to trust you either, human! You say you have been betrayed? Give weight to your words. Something as heavy as Minister Wona's head should suffice."
- Master Togo: "I am a man of my word. Remain here to ensure the minister does not flee the estate. I will pursue this wretch into the recesses of his godsforsaken compound."
- Swift Honorclaw: "Talon Silverwing will accompany you. He will ensure you keep your word. Know this, human: if you betray us, you entire race will bear the consequence."
Act III - The Hunt
- Talon Silverwing: "I will be watching you, human. Any misstep and it will be *your* head I bring back."
- Name: Yuri Kumanashi
- a.k.a.: Yuri the Hand
- Age: 31
- Profession: Minister Wona's Personal Assassin
- Credo: Move like the wind. Strike like thunder.
- Yuri the Hand: "Greetings, Togo. I am Yuri the Hand, the minister of war's... instrument."
- Yuri the Hand: "I shall make this quick."
- Master Togo: "Your prediction was correct, Yuri. You made this a quick fight."
- Talon Silverwing: "You amuse me, featherless one. Well said."
Act IV - The Master
- Name: Riyo Yamaguchi
- a.k.a.: Master Riyo
- Age: 65
- Profession: Elite Guard Trainer
- Credo: Live by honor. Die with dignity.
- Master Riyo: "I am Master Riyo. The name may sound familiar, Togo. The emperor is a good friend of mine."
- Master Riyo: "It is with deep regret that I must fight you. To shirk my responsibilities would dishonor my family and disgrace my students. The minister of war has ordered your death."
- Master Togo: "You have fought with honor, Master Riyo. You shall have a hero's burial."
- Talon Silverwing: "You are starting to behave like a Tengu, Togo. Keep this up and I may take your ramblings seriously."
If you wait until the Students turn hostile:
- Student: "There will be revenge!"
Act V - Revenge
- Name: Sunpu Suraimaka
- a.k.a.: Captain Sunpu
- Age: 27
- Profession: Elite Guard Captain
- Credo: Mercy is for the weak.
- Name: Wona Yurigi
- a.k.a.: War Minister Wona
- Age: 44
- Profession: Canthan Minister of War
- Credo: I am the fist of the empire!
The guards attack:
- Minister Wona: "Guards, kill them both!"
- Minister Wona: "Captain Sunpu, these two should give you little trouble. Deal with them!"
- Captain Sunpu: "My pleasure, minister."
Confrontation with Minister Wona:
- Master Togo: "Why all of this, Wona? Peace was in our grasp."
- Minister Wona: "I am the minister of *WAR*, Togo. When Cantha fights, my coffers overflow. I have no use for peace, especially with inhuman savages."
- Minister Wona: "Blaming your death on the Tengu will drive the emperor mad with grief. He will declare complete and utter retribution. Cantha's riches will be at my disposal, and the Tengu lands shall be mine once I have removed them from it. Aerie will make a lovely summer retreat, do you not think so?"
- Master Togo: "Talon, have you heard enough? I believe you know by now who is behind this madness. Let us finish this. Perhaps the minister will talk less with his head in a satchel."
- "It is said that battle breeds brothers."
- "And so the struggle against Wona's assassins unified the two races."
- "The Tengu saw the valor in Togo's heart."
- "And while not all of them listened to his council..."
- "Enough trusted Master Togo to be their champion."
- "To end the war between man and Tengu."
- "...And bring peace at last to Cantha."
- This mission is started by opening Togo's Story and clicking the "Enter Mission" button in the book. Despite being grouped under Shing Jea Island in the quest log, it takes place in the recent past in the mountainous region south of the Echovald Forest.
- Adding mods to Togo's Staff does not affect your stats while you are in the mission.
- After successfully completing this mission or its discovery modes, talk to Durmand to receive an authorized Togo's Story, which can be given to Akemi in exchange for Tengu weapons.
- You do not need to speak with all the delegates before starting negotiations. You can run straight to Minister Wona to trigger the negotiations, saving a little hassle on repeated tries.