Voices in the Night
|Voices in the Night|
( Elonian only)
|Given by|| Elder Belin |
in Zehlon Reach
|Followed by||Moa'vu'Kaal, Awakened|
|Type|| Secondary quest|
(Click to enlarge)
The village elder Belin asks you to help him with a problem. Some of his villagers voices have been stolen by an Evil Mime.
 Quest Information
You find Elder Belin in the non-incorporated village north of Jokanur Diggings, in the northwestern corner of Zehlon Reach. After accepting the quest you have to go to the northeastern corner of the area to fight the Evil Mime. The way to the mime is a straight line so he is not hard to find.
The Evil Mime is a level 24 Mesmer with skills like: Spirit Shackles, Backfire and Mind Wrack. Taking hex removal and knowing when not to cast spells/attack can be vital for you. The mime is only healed through using Ether Feast, so it is imperative that you interrupt this. Paragons are at a major disadvantage in this quest: the little island where the Evil Mime is standing has an area effect: Curse of Silence. This area effect means you can not use any chants or shouts. The effect will wear off shortly after the Evil Mime is slain.
After you have slain the Evil Mime and the area effect has been lifted you can touch the jars to open them and free the trapped voices. There are three jars, two big ones and one smaller one that is easy to miss. It may be hard to set them free but double-click each of them to set the voices free. If nothing appears to happen when you double-click on the jars, make sure you double-click on all three trapped voices and then check the status of the quest to see if the voices have been freed. If that doesn't work you may have to click around the edges of the jars for this to work. Now you can go back to Elder Belin for your reward.
- 24 Evil Mime
 Initial dialogue
- "Greetings, honorable sunspear. We are in dire need of your help this day. That most vile of creatures...a mime...has taken up residence near our village and begun to work his evil magics upon the people. He comes during the night and steals the voices of the villagers. Those who stand before you have been unable to speak for days! Will you find this evil mime, discover a way to restore the voices of our villagers, and bring him to justice for what he has done?
 Intermediate dialogue
When approching the isle with the evil mime:
- Captured voices:
- "Help! I'm trapped"'
- "Break me out of this prison!"'
- "Set me free!"'
When freeing the voices from the jars:
- "Ah sweet freedom I feel like singing."
- "My voice is free once more."
 Reward dialogue
- "The voices of the villagers have returned. You have put an end to the tyranny and oppression of that evil mime! You have the vocal gratitude of our entire village, friend! And here is a little something extra to say thank you for all you have done for us."