A Master's Burden
|A Master's Burden|
|Given by|| First Mate Xiang |
in Seitung Harbor
(Shing Jea Island)
|Preceded by||Zen Daijun|
|Followed by||Mayhem in the Market|
(Click to enlarge)
- Speak with Headmaster Greico on the Kaineng Docks.
- Find Master Togo in Wajjun Bazaar.
- Find Yijo's mother, Jia, in Wajjun Bazaar. Inform her of her son's demise.
- See Headmaster Greico for your reward.
Speak with First Mate Xiang to arrange travel to Kaineng Docks. As soon as you arrive, speak with Headmaster Greico and enter The Marketplace, where you can increase your party size to 8. Exit to Wajjun Bazaar and follow the map to Master Togo. As always, move slowly enough to avoid over-aggroing.
After speaking with Togo, turn around and follow the map to Jia (if you encounter Am Fah along the way, take out their healers first). Map back to The Marketplace and return to the docks to accept the quest reward from Greico.
- First Mate Xiang
- "You must be <character name>. Master Togo has already left along with a few of the headmasters and some of the monastery's other promising students. He hopes to find more explanation about the plague in Kaineng City. When you are ready to leave for the mainland, talk to me and I shall help transport you there. Once you arrive on the Kaineng Docks, seek out Headmaster Greico for further instructions."
- Headmaster Greico
- "Greetings, <character name>. I trust your trip was uneventful. Master Togo would like you to meet him in Wajjun Bazaar. He asked that you make haste."
- Master Togo
- "Ah, good...you have come to join us. I fear we will need all the assistance we can get to stop this plague. First, however, you and I have another important task we must attend to. Yijo's mother has a shop here, and as Master of Shing Jea Monastery, it is my duty to inform her of what happened to her son. You and Yijo trained closely together, and you were there when he died. Perhaps if she knows that he died with honor, she will find some consolation...however small."
- Master Togo: "The last time I saw Jia was when I came to announce Yijo's acceptance into the monastery...."
- Master Togo: "Be on your guard. The beasts here are stronger than the ones we have faced previously."
- Master Togo: "I barely recognize this area. The plague has caused even more damage than I feared."
- "Master Togo... Kei na Kai! Your presence here with a student other than my son can mean only one thing.... But I knew this...even before you came I knew that my son was dead. I have heard of the plague reaching the monastery, and I dreamt of my son's passing many times in the last few days. Your presence here only confirms my dreams....
- I am glad that Yijo did not have to see what has become of us here...how badly the plague has affected us. I pray only that he died with honor. Now, please leave me to grieve."
- Headmaster Greico
- "It is never easy to tell a mother that her child is dead.... It was good of you to accompany Master Togo and to offer your condolences to Jia. Yijo would have wanted that.
- While you were helping Master Togo, some of the other professors arrived. They headed off toward the Wajjun Bazaar."