Jaya Bluffs (mission)
From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Region||Shing Jea Island|
A special mission that is only available during the Dragon Festival.
- Destroy the "chaos rifts" in Jaya Bluffs. [0..8] of 8 rifts destroyed.
- Opening the mission map will show you the locations of the rifts. Red flags are open rifts, blue ones are closed ones.
- The Chaos Rifts can be reopened by patrolling mobs, so be sure you kill all enemies in the surrounding area.
- There are many popups so move slowly from rift to rift.
- Whenever possible, backtrack to the next rift, to prevent from spawning new pop up mobs.
- Bring hexes and skills that inflict conditions and spam targets for your heroes, they will quickly dispose of the foes.
- Make your target priority Wrathful Storms (area of effect damage), Banished Dream Riders, Scythes of Chaos, then Grasps of Insanity.
- If your party can spread apart to avoid having 2 or more party members being hit by the Wrathful Storms' area of effect damage, then the target priority can be Banished Dream Riders, Scythes of Chaos, Wrathful Storms, then Grasps of Insanity.
- 28 (30) Grasp of Insanity (actor)
- 24 (26) Scythe of Chaos (actor)
- 28 (30) Wrathful Storm (actor)
- 24 (26) Torment Claw (actor)
- 28 (30) Banished Dream Rider (actor)
- Captain Rujiyo: "Places, everyone, places. *Ahem* Canthans, our troops report enemy forces arriving en masse. Check in with me to receive battle orders!"
- Imperial Guard Musashi: "Captain, enemy forces sighted in Jaya Bluffs. Numerous rifts and creature movement reported."
- Captain Rujiyo: "We have no troops to spare. What of the mainland reinforcements?"
- Imperial Guard Musashi: "No sign of them, Captain."
- Captain Rujiyo: "I'll bet my battle scars that damn Celestial Ministry is holding them up with paperwork. Curse them!"
- Captain Rujiyo: "We're must [sic] recruit mercenaries and capable fighters to deal with them in the mountains."
- Captain Rujiyo: "Musashi, get to Jaya Bluffs and keep an eye on the enemy. I'll send help as soon as it's available."
- Imperial Guard Musashi: "Right away, sir! (Oh, and sir? Nice work. That felt really believable to me.)"
- Captain Rujiyo
- "My troops have received reports of rifts opening in the mountains of Jaya Bluffs. The enemy is using these portals to summon troops to storm the island. We've called for additional forces, but they won't arrive in time. We could use your help. Will you serve the emperor and destroy these rifts in Jaya Bluffs?"
- This mission is only available for a 30 minute period on the schedule set for the Dragon Festival.
- The average completion time for the quest is 20 minutes.
- The actors share the same racial traits as the creatures they imitate and thus only corpses from Demon and Wurm actors are exploitable.
- In addition to the monsters listed above, Terrorweb Dryders also appeared during Dragon Festival 2006.
- In subsequent years, all quests and missions were re-enactments of the first year's events. As such, the original monsters were replaced with actors and the rifts with pinwheels.
- 50 Jade Wind Orbs was the reward in 2006