Securing the Vale
From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Securing the Vale|
|Section||Northern Shiverpeaks Quests|
|Given by||Van the Warrior |
in Yak's Bend
(Click to enlarge)
- Proceed to the first patrol point in Traveler's Vale.
- Proceed to the second patrol point in Traveler's Vale.
- Proceed to the third patrol point in Traveler's Vale.
- Return to Van the Warrior for your reward.
Proceed to each patrol point, potentially clearing enemies along the way to avoid overaggro. Once all three points have been visited, return to Van the Warrior.
- Van the Warrior
- "Looking for a way to serve Ascalon? I have just the task for you, <Character name>. We knew these mountains were treacherous when we headed here… Even without these Stone Summit challenging us, we'd have our hands full with the Centaurs and ettins. I need strong men and women to help me secure the Vale. If you think you're up to the challenge, I've laid out several patrol points that I need investigated. All you need to do is follow these points and then return to me to report any enemy activity you encounter.
- You think you can handle that?"
- Van the Warrior
- "By Balthazar's blade! I had hoped for less resistance, but you did well to overcome such foes. I am going to have to speak with Osric and see if we can spare more warriors to secure the area. Here's a little something for your trouble."
- It is possible to start from Borlis Pass and complete the objective for the second patrol point before the first.
- It is impossible to complete the third patrol point objective prior to the other two.
- Despite the warning of enemy encounters, there is no need to fight any targets during this quest.
- It is possible to encounter Devona near the third patrol point. She will be running into the Vale from the Ascalon Foothills and engage in combat throughout the area. There is no need to keep her alive or assist her during this quest.