|Section||Zinn's Task Quests|
|Prophecies, Factions and Nightfall|
|Given by||Image of Zinn |
in Golem Tutorial Simulation
|Followed by||Trial of Zinn|
Map to Zinn's Secret Lair
Zinn's location in Secret Lair
To preserve Zinn's reputation and prevent the destruction of the great Kingdoms of Tyria, you must find and deactivate the R.O.X., N.O.X., and P.O.X. golems.
- Having M.O.X. in the party. (Doesn't have to be in the party during the three quests.)
- Retrieve R.O.X.'s power crystal.
- Retrieve N.O.X.'s power crystal.
- Retrieve P.O.X.'s power crystal.
- Locate Zinn's secret lair.
Complete the three quests:
Zinn's Secret Underground Lair can be found in the explorable area The Falls. It is at the westernmost end, where the waterfall displayed on the last page of the golem manual is located. A person with M.O.X in their party must interact with "The Falls" in order to achieve entrance to the secret lair. The closest town to start from is Ventari's Refuge and you must pass through two other areas with a maximum party size of six members to reach it.
- Image of Zinn
- "To preserve Zinn's reputation as well as the great Kingdoms of Tyria, you must find and deactivate the R.O.X., N.O.X., and P.O.X. golems."
- The Falls
- "This must be it. Zinn's picture clearly shows the falls. Only one way forward: jump. Do you jump?"
- Take a deep breath and dive over the edge. (sent to Secret Underground Lair)
- I can't swim.
Once inside Secret Underground Lair:
- Golem Sentry: "*IN-TRU-DER A-LERT*"
- Golem Sentry: "*I-DEN-TI-FI-CA-TION VER-I-FIED, A-LARM DIS-A-BLED*"
If Zinn's Task has not been completed:
- Zinn: "What are you doing here? You shouldn't be here! Not yet!"
- Zinn: "Get back out there and kill those golems! Now!"
If Zinn's Task has been completed:
- Zinn: "Ah, you made it. Good. My intelligence network already informed me of the successful completion of your assignment."
- Zinn: "I'm terribly relieved. I was horrified about what might happen...to my reputation. Come along. Get your reward. You earned it."
When approaching Zinn:
- Zinn: "Why, look who's here!"
- G.O.X: "*G.O.X. RE-PORT-ING FOR DU-TY*"
- <Party leader>: "What does the "G" stand for?"
- G.O.X: "*I DO NOT KNOW*"
- <Party leader>: "Is it supposed to be stupid?"
- Zinn: "G.O.X. isn't stupid! It's very advanced!"
- G.O.X: "*AD-VAN-CED*"
- Zinn: "One day G.O.X. you will be just like M.O.X. Isn't that right, G.O.X.?"
- G.O.X: "*JUST LIKE MON-GOOSE*"
- Zinn: "No, no! Just like M.O.X.
- G.O.X: "*JUST LIKE DOG*"
- Zinn: "Oh, never mind."
- "As promised, here is further compensation for your services. Perhaps I underestimated you...I mean, I'm happy my faith in your abilities rang true."
- MOX must be in your party in order to reach Zinn's lair; only the player bringing the golem hero can speak with Zinn to continue the quest.
- Parties who haven't completed the quest will be returned to Ventari's Refuge, after Zinn's dialogue.
- Be careful in the area right before the secret lair, as it is easy to aggro the nearby Wind Riders (and their elementalist boss).
- G.O.X.'s quotes are a reference to Gir from the show Invader Zim.
- The line "What does the "G" stand for?" is a reference to GIR from the show Invader Zim when GIR is assigned to Zim, and all the other invaders receive a SIR. GIR's response is "I dooooon't know."
- The decline option may be a quote from Star Trek: Voyager where ex-borg Seven of Nine will say "I will not comply."