Help:Ask a game question
|Ask a Guild Wars question|
This page is for questions about playing Guild Wars, not Guild Wars 2.
Please contact Guild Wars support on account related problems.
Please read the following rules before asking your question:
 Character Whirling
My character started whirling around out of control.I tried the escape key and a few others but ended up just mapping out in the middle of what I was doing. Is there any magic key to stop this problem?Geffen 02:17, 28 October 2012 (PDT)
- That seems to happen from time to time - no magic key, I just keep playing through, it ill work itself out.MystiLefemEle 02:27, 28 October 2012 (PDT)
- There is a key sequence that causes the character to rotate after releasing all keys, I've not triggered it in a while but its
something likehold [whichever key you press to turn right], press [ESC] and then release the [whichever key you press to turn right]... and then you keep rotating. This may not be what you were describing since it stops when you press any direction key.
- I've also had this caused by both direction keys becoming stuck underneath other keys on the keyboard ... which can only be fixed by buying a new keyboard ... and by mouse jitter which can be fixed by moving the mouse a bit :/ Chieftain Alex 07:40, 28 October 2012 (PDT)
Thanks for replying so soon.As you say, sometimes it works itself out, but other times not. On occasion I've also had it stop as you describe, by pressing a direction key. However , what I've learned from you is that I am inflicting this upon myself. I am by no means an expert player, so I proceed fairly slowly most of the time, while continuously holding down the left Ctrl and Alt with Pinky and Thumb (to make sure I see any foe or loot) while at the same time operating W.A.D. as well as Q. and E. with the other three fingers. The right hand is for the mouse and the coffee. So I must mend my evil ways and try to play like normal people do.Geffen 04:13, 29 October 2012 (PDT)
- Yeah, the "Spinning / Whirling" can be amusing at times - Cheers!MystiLefemEle 10:55, 30 October 2012 (UTC)
 cygil signets
There are none for sale and no one plays heros assent. Any other way to get signet?188.8.131.52
- Perhaps, if any players have some to sell to youMystiLefemEle 08:12, 6 November 2012 (UTC)
My character is from Prophecies and I have started the Nightfall Campaign, doing Missions Consulate Docks,(Hunted.The Great Escape.And a Hero shall Lead Them.)Venta Cemetery,(the Council is Called,ToVabbi!Centaur Blackmail). Then Zhed Shadowhoof joined and we were in prison at the start of the Kodonur Crossroads Mission. I mapped out to stop playing for the day, and now I cannot seem to get the Mission again. I have tried backtracking to previous Missions, but the story flow is simply not there. How can I get the Kodonur Crossroads Mission again?Geffen 10:48, 6 November 2012 (UTC)
- So, to clarify, when you press M on the world map, can you see the Kodonur Crossroads mission icon? (Its to the east of the Sunspear sanctuary icon).
- If you can see it, what happens when you talk to Estate Guard Rikesh.
- If you can't see the mission icon on the world map, does it look like you've travelled through Jahai Bluffs and uncovered the map? (perhaps you could walk back to the outpost :p )
- And finally, are you sure you're on the same character? :D Chieftain Alex 17:18, 6 November 2012 (UTC)
- 1.Yes the Kodonur Mission Icon was actively pulsing. 2.Yes :) the map is thoroughly uncovered 3. ^^ Yes It is the same Character. I thank you for caring enough to question all these details. It had to be a Two-day Glitch! Even after starting from Consulate Docks all over again, Rikesh ignored me in all my many attempts to change some possibly small thing. However, today he responded with the magic words, and I was able to get the Mission again. Yay! Geffen 21:14, 6 November 2012 (UTC)
- Hmm, lol, realised what was probably wrong now. You possibly forgot to add Zhed to your party before starting? (glad you've got the mission access sorted though :D )Chieftain Alex 21:26, 6 November 2012 (UTC)
 PVE Skills available to character and heros/mercs
- → moved from Talk:Main Page
Are there future development going on in the original GW? It would be nice if they can also make the characters pve skills available to all heros/mercs. --The preceding unsigned comment was added by Mysticque (talk) at 01:48, 5 December 2012 (UTC).
Is there a way to see the exact date a character was created?
- Other than noting what day the /age switches from 11 to 12 months, not easily. If you knew the creation dates of a character created earlier and another later, you could cosrt the character selection screen by creation date + make a guess. --Chieftain Alex 09:56, 8 December 2012 (UTC)
ty for the response i wish it would say something along the lines of you've played this character X-yrs, X-months, X-days, X-hrs since ??/??/?? when you type /age
 How to get rid of summoning stone and their weapons?
How do I get rid of summoning stone and its weapons--184.108.40.206 21:31, 2 January 2013 (UTC)
The Only way I have determined is by destroying them (wastebasket icon to the right of the icons for bags carried) neat part is if you decide you want any one of them after having destroyed them you can respawn them. What you cannot do is only spawn the one or two you want (it spawns all of them) nor can you drop them.
 Zone Chat Abuse
There seems to have been an increase in both spamming and offensive talk in zone chat lately, particularly in pre-searing Ascalon/Prophecies. I've been reporting those using inappropriate language (and I don't mean swearing, I mean openly using racial slurs against various groups of people in an attempt to be excessively offensive), but are the GMs still very active in GW anymore, especially now that GW2 has been out for awhile?
--Shifuimam 03:04, 4 January 2013 (UTC)
 Cities of Ascalon
on the "Cities of Ascalon" mission in Guild Wars I must find 3 historic monuments, I have found the first one in King's Watch but I can not find the one in Surmia.. does anyone know how to find the Historic Monument in Surmia for the Cities of Ascalon mission in Guild Wars? --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk).
- See the maps on the Cities of Ascalon page. --Silver Edge 21:33, 4 January 2013 (UTC)
- In case you cnt find that particular one, it is to the right of the entryway. Easily missed.MystiLefemEle 10:42, 17 April 2013 (UTC)
 joining squad
how i join squad in wvw
 Inventory space
There are certain weapons that are in my inventory that I can not get rid of and are just taking up space. How do I fix this?
- If you open your inventory, to the right of the bag icons (above the 20 cells), there is a bin icon (this is labelled as "#10 Destroy item" on File:Invlayout.jpg). Drag these items to your bin - binned items cannot be retrieved. Chieftain Alex 14:14, 17 January 2013 (UTC)
 Pre-Searing Guild Halls
I have noticed lately that guilds are advertising full guild halls in pre didnt think you could have guild halls in pre due to needing cel. sigil to get hall . thanks for your time .(18.104.22.168 14:47, 21 January 2013 (UTC))
- Pre-searing characters cannot access guildhalls. The "guild hall" button is removed from the guild panel [G] when in presearing.
The only reason players would advertise as having a guildhall would be so that you could use it for non-pre characters. (yeah its basically irrelevant to put it in the all-chat-guild-spam message if you're in pre). The lack of the sigil isn't the issue since you could add a guild hall using a character outside of pre, just you wouldn't be able to access the hall from pre anyway. Chieftain Alex 15:11, 21 January 2013 (UTC)
 Login screen announcement missing
Yesterday I played from a friends home computer and I saw the Canthan New Year message. When I returned home to continue playing I noticed that the announcement is not displaying for me. When I tried to use the Support Forums I get:
403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.
— Guild wars support forum
I have sent an e-mail.
Today I talked to some guild members and they too have the same issue, so I know its not just me. So I tried to Re-Install the game but not even that fixes it. Advice? Yoshida Keiji(talk) 08:56, 2 February 2013 (UTC)
- See User talk:Silver Edge#weekend events. The login screen announcement for Canthan New Year sometimes won't appear. As for the support forums, see this and this. --Silver Edge 09:15, 2 February 2013 (UTC)
- Meh, A-Net are simply using the social media resources easily available to help keep users informed, I don't see a problem with that. There haven't been many updates recently so there aren't that many new bugs to report either. -Chieftain Alex 12:09, 2 February 2013 (UTC)
Response Via Email (GM Lemoncobra) 02/02/2013 05:09 PM
So long as the Guild Wars client on your computer is updated, you'll see the current announcements. Please note, you'll need to exit the game client completely and restart it to connect to the patch servers.
The Support forums are currently undergoing unscheduled maintenance and we do not have an estimated time for when they will be up again. Please keep an eye on the Guild Wars website for updates.
To help investigate the lag you're describing, I'd like for you to run our Game Advisor application. The Game Advisor will provide us with helpful information about your system and Internet connection.
If you are using a router, hub, or switch, please disconnect this device and connect directly to your modem before running this utility. You may have to reboot your modem and/or computer to reestablish your Internet connection.
To run Game Advisor, please perform the following steps:
1. To download the Game Advisor, go here: http://us.ncsoft.com/gameadvisor
2. When prompted, save the file to your Windows "desktop" so that you can access it easily. Please save the file before running it - running from the website can cause file issues.
3. Double-click on the Game Advisor file and then click on the icon of the game you're experiencing an issue with. (For this test, please select Guild Wars)
4. Click on the "Test Computer and Connection" button and please wait a few minutes while the process completes.
5. Once the process completes, a "Test Result" window will come up. This window will provide you with a link to update your ticket as well as tell you where the diagnostic report is saved. You can also view the report file.
Please update your ticket with this file. If you need assistance attaching a report to the ticket please follow the instructions in the following Knowledge Base article:
- Attaching a File: http://help.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/ncsoft.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5887
Once we receive it, we'll have a better idea of how to resolve your issue.
The Guild Wars Support Team
— GM Lemoncobra
- Restarting the client doesn't cause any weekend event announcement to appear. As I have already noted in my reply on my talk page, they most likely didn't add this weekend's event to the log-in screen, since the Facebook and Twitter pages (which usually has Stephane Lo Presti posting the weekend event) also don't mention this weekend's event. So it's not the same issue with the Canthan New Year announcement, which sporadically didn't appear on the log-in screen. It's not the first time they didn't note the weekend event on the log-in screen, see the numerous Guild Wars Wiki note mentions of "login screen announcements" on last year's weekend event announcements. --Silver Edge 19:41, 10 February 2013 (UTC)
- FYI, the Support Forum can be accessed now. They didn't announce that they were finished with its "unscheduled maintenance" anywhere though. --Silver Edge 19:11, 16 February 2013 (UTC)
 Computer Switch
If I buy Guild Wars online and I switch to a new computer because the last one had water damage, is it a free download on the new computer or do I need to pay again?!
- You can download the client for free from here. Your original purchase remains valid as long as you can remember your access details :D (if you forget some details you can probably still recover your other account details by contacting support). Luckily all the account progress is stored on ArenaNet's servers and not in the user's .dat file, so you won't lose any progress either. -Chieftain Alex 02:25, 3 March 2013 (UTC)
- Also, you can copy over the builds and any specific PvP equipment builds to your current computer.MystiLefemEle 10:48, 17 April 2013 (UTC)
 Need to know/Interactive Skills
Need to know/Interactive Skills:Just needed to know if skills from Prophecies,Factions or EoN are iteractive with Nightfall?
- Could you please clarify your question, I can't tell what you're asking at all. -Chieftain Alex 01:00, 25 March 2013 (UTC)
- Need to know: If I am playing in Nightfall there are some skills that can't be used unless you have that campaign. I was wondering if I have the Nightfall campaign and I added Factions or Prohecies to my account, would I then be able to use a skill from either Factions or Prophecies in my skill build.
Need to know: Thank you, that was a big help.
- [edit conflict](omg i type slow) The 3 campaigns and Eye of the North expansion are all part of Guild Wars. Any skill from any campaign can be used in any of them once they are learned by the character. Once you learn them once they are 'Unlocked' to the account. Once unlocked another character can use a skill tome to learn a previously unlocked skill. Your heros also have access to all unlocked skills on the account.Durp da durp 01:41, 25 March 2013 (UTC)
 Deleting a campaign game
Deleting a Campaign Game: Needed to know if it is possible to delete a current game & start it over with the same character?
- Hmm you can delete the character entirely from the character selection screen and recreate a new character with the same name if you want to at any time.
- You can't "reset" your campaign progress, e.g. if you complete a quest and receive the reward you can't undo it... but you can repeat missions as many times as you like. There aren't many mistakes you'd want to revert on your characters in gw anyway. -Chieftain Alex 14:59, 27 March 2013 (UTC)
 How do I quit my guild?
I haven't played this game in almost a year, but decided to get back into it. I had no idea I was still in my guild (I asked them to boot me when I left) and have no idea how to quit.
 My summer happiness depends on this question
If i have GW1, can i play with someone who has GW2?
- The games are totally unlinked - i.e. you would both need to own the same game to play with each other - in other words you will be unable to play with someone who solely owns GW2 on GW1. You'll both need to have bought the same game to play with each other. -Chieftain Alex 21:53, 28 April 2013 (UTC)