In Grenth's Defense
|In Grenth's Defense|
|Section||Festival Event Quests|
|Prophecies or Nightfall|
|Given by|| Rift Warden |
in Lion's Arch or Kamadan, Jewel of Istan
|Type|| Festival quest |
- Speak to the Rift Warden when you are ready to defend the Underworld.
- Destroy all followers of Dwayna who attempt to breach the Underworld. They must not reclaim the stolen presents.
- See Rift Warden for your reward.
- *BONUS*: Survive for as long as possible. Protect the stolen presents.
The mission is rather simple. Stand beside the gifts and defeat the snowmen as they spawn one by one, while making sure they don't claim the presents. Use Hidden Rock and Yellow Snow while waiting for the next snowman to spawn, so you can avoid activating those skills while being attacked and inflict Disease, Daze and cause knockdown with your next Snowball. After about 10 minutes have passed, a last snowman called Freezie will spawn. Its defeat marks the end of the quest. If you're having problems, simply put a pillar between you and the Freezie — you'll be able to take your time regenerating.
The bonus is acquired by talking to the Avatar of Grenth after finishing the quest. It is best to wait until you have full health and all of your skills recharged before acquiring the bonus. It consists of 6 waves of 6 snowmen each, spawning one at a time. Snowmen on each wave spawn faster than the previous one and waves are triggered after killing the last snowmen to appear in the previous wave, so it may be wise to hold a bit on killing him until the player is ready for the next wave. Players are rewarded 1 Candy Cane Shard after each wave is defeated.
- or 15 (25) Bustling Snowman
- 15 (25) Cordial Snowman
- 15 (25) Mischievous Snowman
- 15 (25) Pious Snowman
- 15 (25) Roguish Snowman
- 15 (25) Rotund Snowman
- 15 (25) Snowman
- 15 (25) Grumpy Snowman
- 15 (25) Glimmering Snowman
- 15 Chilled Snowman
- 15 (25) Playful Snowman
- 15 (25) Industrious Snowman
- 15 (25) Impeccable Snowman
- 15 (25) Blessed Snowman
- 19 (29) Freezie
- "Grenth's legions have been busy this year…perhaps more so than any in the past. They've nicked countless presents meant for the good children of the world and stashed them deep within the Underworld. As we speak, Dwayna's followers have mustered to recover them. Grenth requests your dedication; guard the presents to your dying breath. Do you accept the Lord of the Underworld's challenge?"
- "You will be transported directly to the Underworld. If you are in a party you will be separated for the duration of this task. Once there, you must recover the presents stolen by Grenth's servants. Are you ready to face the horrors of the Underworld alone?"
After defeating Freezie:
- Avatar of Grenth
- "You have done well in your service to Grenth. Your station in the afterlife is no doubt assured, however the Mists will have to wait...for now. Do you wish to return to the realm of the living?"
- "Take me to Lion's Arch."
- "Take me to Kamadan"[sic]
- "I want to play the bonus challenge."
- Rift Warden
- "Word of your service has already spread throughout the Underworld. Perhaps Grenth will emerge victorious with you on his side."
- Same as with the mission, the bonus will fail if the snowmen take possession of the gifts.
- Failing causes you to die; however, if you die, the death will not affect the progress of the Survivor title.
- A "MISSION FAILED: Grenth is not pleased" message appears if the mission was failed and "BONUS FAILED: Grenth is not impressed" appears if the bonus was failed.
- This quest uses the whole map of the Underworld.