Trading with NPCs
Most towns have one or more NPCs that will exchange cash or certain reward trophies for various goods. Merchants buy and sell at fixed prices, which do not vary according to supply and demand. Traders buy and sell from a variable inventory at varying cost, according to supply and demand and thus reacting to the state of the game economy.
 Trading with other players
- Beware of common scams while trading with other players.
- You cannot trade with other players until your account is at least 24 hours old. This reduces the risk to new players that they will be scammed and makes it harder for real money traders to avoid detection.
 Trade channel and party search
The trade channel is a chat channel where players attempt to sell their items to other players, or attempt to buy items from other players. Words spoken in the trade channel appear pinkish-red in the chat window. There is also a trade section in the party search interface, where you can post short messages about what you want to sell or buy. Common abbreviations for the trade channel and party search include:
| Want to Sell
| Want to Buy
| Want to Trade
|PC||Price Check||Quanto costa?||¿Cuánto cuesta?|
|C/O||Current Offer||Offerta corrente||Oferta Actual|
| Private Message (whisper)
Please send tell
|Messaggio Privato (sussurra)|| Mensaje Privado (whisper)
Por favor, manda Tell
| Req # [attrib]
|Requirement (for weapons)||Requisito (per le armi)||Requisitos (para armas)|
|All stats are max (e.g. max damage for weapons, max armor for shields)||Tutte le statistiche sono al massimo||Todos los stats son máximos|
|^#||Above, e.g. 15^50 means deals +15% damage when health is greater than 50%||Sopra, ergo 15^50 significa: infligge +15% di danni quando la salute è superiore al 50%|
(The foreign abbreviations are included because they are commonly used in European trade districts.)
Using WTS or WTB in the local channel will automatically switch you to the trade channel. The EULA only allows the placing of trade advertisements in the Trade Channel; using other channels (e.g. local or mission) can result in your account being suspended.
 Non-tradeable items
Almost any item that can be placed in inventory can be traded to another character, with the exception of currently equipped items. However, a few items are restricted from trading; they cannot be placed in the Trade Window or dropped on the ground for another character to pick up:
- Birthday Present Vouchers
- Bonus items
- Golem User Manual
- Imperial Dragon's Tears
- Imperial Guard Lockboxes
- Medals of Honor
- Nesting Materials
- Certain items that can only be acquired during special events:
- All items that can only be acquired during Wayfarer's Reverie, except Wayfarer's Mark: Everlasting Legionnaire Tonic, Legion Loot Bag, Legionnaire Summoning Crystal, Miniature Legionnaire, Reverie Gift, and the reward trophies that are exchanged for them (Proof of Flames, Mountains, Waves, and Winds).
- Everlasting Mobstoppers
- Frozen Accessory Tokens
- Ghoulish Accessory Tokens
- Imperial Mask Token
- Imperial Miniature Token
- Racing Medals
- Vials of Sadie's Dye [Pink] (also cannot be traded to a dye trader, but can be sold to merchants).