|Affiliation||Order of the Sunspears|
Concept art by Kekai Kotaki.
A lifetime of experience has made Dunkoro the man he is today: an elder strategist who knows his way around Elona. He's a veteran of battles against corsairs, Centaurs, heket, desert raiders, and stranger enemies. Although he's faced countless dangers alone, he prefers to spend his time advising other soldiers, offering direction and insight to any soldier who will listen. Unfortunately, not everyone listens to his advice. Most recruits respect him professionally, but personally, he remains distant from everyone below him in rank. When life and death are on the line, he doesn't seem to care about other people's fears and concerns, only results: you win, or you die. With this determined and unemotional approach to warfare, Dunkoro's insights have meant the difference between victory and defeat throughout his career. For any hero who prefers rational strategy over chaos, Dunkoro is the man with a plan.
- Realm of Torment
- R indicates that Dunkoro must be in the party
- R indicates that Dunkoro must be in the party
Quests involved in:
- Realm of Torment
Dunkoro starts with basic monk armor, which includes a Prophet's Scalp Design, labeled as Sunspear Armor but with its own unique appearance. The headpiece provides +1 in the attribute of the rune applied to it. His armor rating ranges from 3 to 60, depending on his level.
The appearance of his armor can be upgraded to Elite Sunspear Armor using Stolen Sunspear Armor acquired from the Dajkah Inlet Challenge Mission. The appearance of his armor can be upgraded to Primeval armor using Primeval Armor Remnants acquired in the Domain of Anguish and during the Ebony Citadel of Mallyx mission.
See Dunkoro's armor gallery.
In the Cliffs of Dohjok and the Command Post:
- "You can't just run off without a plan. Let me help you. I've been with the Sunspears for years. I plan our strategies. Kormir executes them. Let me do the same for you."
In The Tribunal:
- "Choose your words carefully; the slightest implication will have great repercussions."
In Throne of Secrets:
- "I never could have planned for this day... but all the same, I am glad to see it."
 Storyline quotes
Quotes in the context of the Nightfall storyline:
- "Those ruins provide a great deal of cover for possible ambush. Keep your eyes open, I have a feeling this will be very dangerous."
- "This Melonni seems impulsive, but I have to admit she is right more often than she is wrong."
- "There may be more information in those ruins; other things that will help us understand what Varesh is up to. Keep your eyes open."
- "These demons have shown up in Kamadan because of the Apocrypha, I am sure of it. Now we have to make up for that mistake... before Istan is overrun with them."
- "Jerek's always held a grudge that Kormir was given leadership of the Sunspears instead of him. He'll abuse us purely because we're on her side. Keep your head down."
- "As much as I hate to admit it, this mere strip of a girl is very capable. I'm willing to give her a chance, in Dwayna's name."
- "Castellan Puuba mentioned he'd gotten information on those corsairs. If they're allying with the Kournans, that's going to mean serious problems for the Sunspears."
- "If there are Kournans working with the corsairs, it bodes ill for all of Istan. This is going to be ugly."
- "Kormir against Varesh? Be ready for anything. I don't trust Varesh to fight with honor. Kormir's going to need us. Balthazar bless us all!"
- "We'll need a safe place to house the wounded Sunspears. Something that's easily guarded, perhaps underground, with plenty of water."
- "We know where the Kournans are holding our friend Koss. Are your ready to execute the rescue plans?"
- "That garrison was only the beginning of the Kournan defense. They're entrenching, protecting themselves against attack."
- "We need more men if we're going to protect ourselves against the Kournans. More Sunspears are being held in the Sunward Marches."
- "Those are dangerous traps. Perhaps Rojis could turn that technology to our advantage."
- "Good work getting those refugees out of danger. The two greatest tools a commander has are secrecy and intimidation. The greatest weakness ... is politicians. Keep that in mind."
- "We've lost so much. Elder Suhl is right. We need Vabbi by our side or all of Elona will fall to Varesh."
- "Jahai was my last hope of moving north to Vabbi unnoticed. At this point, Koss's idea of running headlong into Varesh's forces is the only thing we've got left. I don't like it...."
- ""Two-legs?" If that centaur tries to boss us around again, he'll find me standing on one leg and use the other to kick him."
- "I've repaired the gap in our sentry patrols that Zhed used to infiltrate the Command Post, but if Zhed can slip in here, it means others can, too. I don't care how we get there, but we have to find a way into Vabbi soon."
- "If Margrid says she knows a way to rescue Kormir, then I think it's worth our time to listen to her plan."
- "We need disguises. Any suggestions, soldier?"
- "Choose your weapons carefully. This is the kind of challenge where any small mistake can end you. I hope the Master of Whispers has a plan."
- "Margrid and her corsair friends set out to rescue Kormir earlier today. Let that ease your mind."
- "Don't tell Margrid, but I made a copy of the Gandara map while she wasn't looking. Invaluable."
- "Yes, I've heard of Kehanni. Priestess of Lyssa, said to be very devout and blessed by her goddess."
- "That invitation's a double-edged sword. You'll have access to the people we need as allies... but you'll be utterly alone in there. Be careful."
- "It's a trap. Any moron can see that ... even that lunkhead Koss. Keep your weapon ready and be prepared to attack at the first sign of trouble."
- "This danger threatens the Temple of Lyssa itself. No time to waste. We have to warn Kehanni and the Lyssans at the Mirror of Lyss before they are overwhelmed."
- "Follow that lunk-head Goren? That oaf has trouble to remembering to breathe. Are you sure this "Hidden City" actually exists?"
- "The Citadel of Dzagon. I haven't been here since.... But that was long ago."
- "There really is a Hidden City of Ahdashim? Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle. Remind me to apologize to Goren for doubting him."
- "Tahlkora should be involved with this one. She seems to do well with the priesthood of Lyssa."
- "Demons at the Temple of Lyssa? Balthazar's blazing eyeballs! What other blasphemies will Varesh stoop to in her insanity?"
- "The only logical route is through the area where the djinn are protecting the Vabbi. It may look impossible, but I believe it can be done."
- "Dreams are troubling things. They can provide both illumination but also can deceive."
- "If Varesh has truly opened the gates to this Realm of Torment, then Sunspear Sanctuary, and all of Istan, is beyond hope."
- "We may be able to save Elona without crossing the Desolation."
- "There are scholars who study the Desolation their entire lives, never daring to venture past the edge of the wastes. If we're serious about this, we're going to need more information."
- "It once seemed that Nightfall was but a distant possibility, but now I find it every time I stare into that monster's undead face. Will the sun never rise again?"
- "Horde of Darkness? I've never heard of them. Margonites I'd assume, probably the chosen of Abaddon. We'll need to be careful. Very careful."
- "Balthazar guide me, but those wurms are amazing! Did you see them fire those projectiles? We could conquer all of Elona, make the Sunspears the preeminent power in the country, rebuild a single throne under Kormir's banner. But... no. Then we'd be as bad as Varesh."
- "This devastation is what Abaddon will do to Istan should he fight his way free. I can hardly bear to look at it. We must find a way to defeat him. Whatever the cost."
- "Remember when we visited the Sunspear ghosts, back in Istan? I look down at that river of souls and I realize our friends are in there. Our ancestors. Other Sunspears. We must defeat Abaddon, for their sakes."
- "This terrain is roughly the same as Istan, just more corrupted. I think I can find ways through that will give us the best chance of avoiding Abaddon's troops. Hurry. This way."
- "So many lost Sunspears, roaming this tortured land. Old friends... and more. By Dwayna, it sickens me to see their courage rewarded with this pain."
- "The gods cannot hear our prayers. We are truly alone."
- "Balthazar bless us! I don't expect we'll live through this. For the record, it's been a pleasure working with you. All of you."
 Battle quotes
- "Careful now! They're trying to flank us."
- "Every third strike, he has an opening in his guard!"
- "For Elona and the Sunspears!"
- "I fight for courage, knowledge, and honor."
- "Just as I'd planned."
- "Life is short… especially yours!"
- "May the Five Gods guide my arm!"
- "Put your backs into it, everyone."
- "Remember your training! Fight smart!"
- "Resistance is futile!"
- "There are almost too few of you to bother fighting."
- "Watch carefully. This is how a true master fights!"
- "Whoa there! Who taught an idiot like you to fight?"
- "You fight like a drunken Centaur!"
- "You think my skills have dulled? You are wrong!"
- A duplicate Dunkoro will show up as a "Sunspear Monk".
- Dunkoro's default weapon is a Holy Branch with Energy +5, 5-8 Fire Damage, an attribute requirement of 1 Divine Favor and 10% HCT Healing Prayers, it cannot be placed into storage.
- As with all heroes, this one has a tonic form.
- The phrase "Resistance is futile!" is a reference to the Borg of Star Trek
- The voice actor for this character is Ron Canada.