Concept art by Kekai Kotaki.
Three generals report directly to Warmarshal Varesh Ossa. General Morgahn has known her the longest, having served under her father for decades. When Varesh was born, Morgahn spent years assisting with her training and the shaping of her character. As a loyal patriot, he considers duty and honor to be the highest virtues a soldier can have. Although Varesh is curious about lofty philosophical concepts like Ascension, Morgahn keeps to a simple faith. He's a devout follower of the goddess Lyssa, holding great respect for artists and crafters. Like any good soldier, he chants his prayers to Balthazar when charging into battle, but in the dark of night, it's his faith in Lyssa that sustains him.
- Realm of Torment
- Eye of the North
- R indicates that General Morgahn must be in the party
Quests involved in:
Hero default skills
- "Find Their Weakness!"
- "Never Surrender!"
- Barbed Spear
- Blazing Spear
- Leader's Comfort
- Resurrection Signet
In the Norn Fighting Tournament
General Morgahn starts with maxed Kournan armor at armor rating 80. His headgear is a Kournan Regalia. He comes with a Suntouched Spear (14-25 dmg, 10% dmg when health is above 50%) and a Heraldic Shield (armor 16, health +25, requiring 9 Command).
See General Morgahn's armor gallery.
- Varesh Ossa may be a stern ruler, but it is preposterous to think that she would intentionally hurt Elona.
- "Lyssa teaches us that the glory of leadership is found in duty and honor."
Tihark Orchard mission:
- "I am both a soldier and a follower of Lyssa. The two are not in conflict. Both demand devotion and dedication. Without those virtues, a man is worthless."
Mirror of Lyss, during quest Pledge of the Merchant Princes:
- "The princes were blinded to Varesh's threat by their greed and opulence. I was blinded by loyalty and honor. Lyssa has taught me to look past the illusions in which I encased myself. For the first time in my life I can see clear as day."
Throne of Secrets:
- "Lyssa must have heard my prayers. Kourna is saved and my dishonor is forgiven. Praise the Six Gods!"
Quotes in the context of the Nightfall storyline:
- "All I ask is a chance to redeem myself. If you won't give it to me, then perhaps the gods will."
- "Varesh's next goal was to tear open the Realm of Torment. It seems she's got a good start."
- "We were told the Istani were an evil people, vain and violent. We were told lies."
- "Don't talk to me about atrocities; all war is an atrocity. Varesh is just more thorough than others with her interpretation of "evil.""
- "I've already sold my soul when I worked for Varesh. The sin of understanding Palawa Joko is nothing compared to my past."
- "I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can hate war. You Sunspears should know. You've been there. You've seen war's brutality, its futility, its stupidity."
- "Kourna, Istan, and Vabbi have turned their backs on me, but Lyssa still hears my prayers. All is not lost."
- "I'd rather fight wurms than men. Natural obstacles are surmountable. Mankind is unpredictable, and therefore a greater threat."
- "Palawa Joko may advise us, but remember: he is not our friend, or even our ally. He is only the enemy of an enemy. Nothing more. "
- "Margonites break. Just like everything else."
- "Kormir... I remember her boldness when she defended Istan, and I remember what an honorable warrior she was in opposition. I am proud to fight on her side in these last battles."
- "They say that blood moves the wheels of history. After seeing that river of souls, I believe it."
- "Put your faith in the gods, but keep your weapons out."
- "I don't care if anyone remembers my name, for my good deeds or my bad. I only care that in the end I redeemed my honor and died at peace with my soul."
- "You would be surprised at how many things apparently impossible have nevertheless been performed by resolute men who had no alternative but death."
- Nightfall campaign completed:
- "Ahai, great and merciful Lyssa, hear my words. My debt is paid."
- "A soldier's death stops one man. Kill the leader to stop the army!"
- "Cease your struggles, count your blessings, and get out of my way."
- "For Kourna! For Elona!"
- "Grenth! You cannot have my soul this day!"
- "I defy you to prove me wrong!"
- "I fight for my honor!"
- "Lyssa! Once more I fight in your name!"
- "Lyssa protect us all!"
- "Once I was a general. Now I am but a man."
- "Redemption? Give me revenge instead!"
- "Sin burns the soul until it can no longer bear light."
- "That hyena-kisser got blood all over my best armor!"
- "There's no turning back now!"
- "We must succeed, or there will be no tomorrow."
- "You started this fight. I'm going to end it."
- He uses the character emotes of a warrior.
- A duplicate Morgahn will show up as a "Kournan Paragon".
- General Morgahn's default weapon is a Suntouched Spear with 14-25 damage, an attribute requirement of 8 Spear Mastery, Damage +10% while Health is above 50% and it's customized.
- General Morgahn's default shield is a max blue Heraldic Shield with Health +25 and an attribute requirement of 9 Command.
- As with all heroes, this one has a tonic form.
- Most textures that are meant to decorate his Primeval armor are invisible when viewed from behind, such as the wings on his pauldrons and gloves, and his collar.
- General Morgahn is a tribute to Morgan Freeman. The General's voice actor in the French version is Benoît Allemane, the official French voice of Morgan Freeman.
- Morgahn's appearence and vocal performance is very similar to that of Samuel E. Wright
- His quote, "Put your faith in the gods, but keep your weapons out," is a reference to Oliver Cromwell's quote found here: "... trust in God, and keep your powder dry," since gunpowder needed to be completely dry to be used at all.