|Level(s)||20, 24, 32|
|Campaigns|| Prophecies |
Eye of the North
Bonus Mission Pack
Concept art by Doug Williams.
The undead lord of the Desolation, Palawa once controlled the valleys leading north out of Elona from his strategically positioned Bone Palace. Commanding hordes of undead followers raised from ancient tombs, he invaded Vabbi, intent on conquering it and using its riches to make him even more powerful. After he was defeated by the great Kournan hero, Turai Ossa, his body is said to have been imprisoned beneath a huge stone plinth. Many villainous individuals have attempted to commune with the spirit of the Scourge of Vabbi. As long as his history lives on, people will remember his name...and as the saying goes, history is still being written.
General Palawa Joko, the Scourge of Vabbi, is an undead lich lord who once led his relentless Awakened army into Vabbi, crippling the then-province and staging from there his conquest of the entire continent, all but defeating the three provinces of Istan, Kourna and Vabbi. For two long years the people of Elona suffered under his reign, until the last bastion of hope for Elona, the great Kournan general Turai Ossa challenged him in one-on-one combat, far above the Battle of Jahai. Turai defeated Palawa Joko and sealed him beneath the sands of Elona, where he was kept in his place by the Order of Whispers.
- The Desolation
- Prophecies or Nightfall
- The Desolation
- Gate of Desolation (level 24)
- The Battle of Jahai (level 20)
Quests involved in:
The Norn Fighting Tournament
- Animate Undead (Palawa Joko) (monster skill)
- Order of the Lich (Palawa Joko) (monster skill)
- Order of Unholy Vigor (Palawa Joko) (monster skill)
The Battle of Jahai
15 Blood Magic
- Aura of the Lich (elite)
- Discord (elite)
- Feast of Corruption (elite)
- Icy Veins (elite)
- Motivating Insults (monster skill) (elite)
- Scourge of Candy (monster skill) (elite)
- Taste of Undeath (monster skill) (elite)
- "I'm impressed by your confidence on the battlefield. Had you have been on my side during the Battle of Jahai, perhaps history would tell a different tale."
- Turai's Procession
- "I'm getting too old for this...."
- There is a miniature version of him.
- Joko runs faster than other characters, having a ~66% permanent speed boost.
- Palawa has an unique staff: Palawa Joko's Scepter.
- He is a long-standing foe of Mad King Thorn, who with the help of his Candy Corn Infantry and Gum Drops, the Noble Steed, defeated him in the battle of Scarred Psyche.
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki also has an article on Palawa Joko.|