|Campaign||Eye of the North|
Anton has come far since his days as a prisoner in Surmia awaiting execution. While others curse the Charr, Anton privately blesses their invasion—without it, he would never have escaped Surmia and fled north. He survived for many years by raiding the Charr, eventually leading to his capture. Freed by Captain Langmar, he joined the Ebon Vanguard and now serves them as a scout, utilizing his Assassin skills—for once—for the betterment of more people than just himself.
Although he does not consider himself a brave individual, Anton does feel a certain amount of loyalty to the Ebon Vanguard, and has no plans to betray them. Should Captain Langmar die, of course, that situation could change quickly—and the last they will see of Anton is a sheathed blade vanishing into the darkness.
- Charr Homelands
- Far Shiverpeaks
- Eye of the North
- Bonus Mission Pack
Quests involved with:
Anton starts with basic assassin armor, labeled as Ebon Vanguard armor but with its own unique appearance. Like most heroes, his headgear is hidden.
The appearance of his armor can be upgraded to Brotherhood armor using Cloth of the Brotherhood acquired from the Glint's Challenge challenge mission. It can also be upgraded to Deldrimor armor using Deldrimor Armor Remnants acquired in the Hierophant's Chest at the end of the Slavers' Exile dungeon.
See Anton's armor gallery.
- "What do you want? Are you staring at me? You want some of this? Do you?"
- (If you do not have Anton as a Hero)
- "The Ebon Vanguard look forward to working with you. There are still matters with the Charr to be settled."
- (If you have Anton as a Hero)
- "Who would have thought that on that day in Surmia when I awaited my execution I would end up here. Perhaps I can still make amends for all my misdeeds."
- "After I escaped Surmia, I felt empty inside. I filled that void with a steady diet of death."
- "I have dwelt in the dark recesses. I have dealt pain and death to ease my own suffering. I regret nothing but the loss of my wife's smile."
- "Life is like a box of knives. They gleam and glitter when new, full of promise and potential; at the end of the day, they're always covered in blood."
- "Vengeance was all I had left of my old life. Now that is gone...which feels liberating, oddly enough. Perhaps it is time for a new life."
 Battle quotes
- "Beware the shadows. I lurk there."
- "Death will never see me coming!"
- "Don't look around. I'm right behind you."
- "From the shadows, I send you into the light."
- "I like the quiet. Please stop screaming."
- "If you knew me better, you would be frightened. Boo!"
- "Most days I live a life of quiet contemplation. Then there's today."
- "My blades dance like a spider on hot iron!"
- "Now you know how a scabbard feels!"
- "They are like insects crushed beneath a heel."
- "Vengeance has filled my life to the point of overflowing."
- "Vengeance is a dish best served with cutlery."
- "When you see my parents in the Mists, tell them I'm fine."
- "Your death will stain the ground, but not my soul."
- "Grenth will take you in his chill embrace."
- Anton can sometimes be seen watching the Norn Fighting Tournament.
- Although an assassin, Anton does not require Guild Wars Factions to unlock. The disadvantage is that Eye of the North offers only 10 assassin skills. Guild Wars Nightfall offers an additional 25 assassin skills (including 10 elite skills).
- Anton's default assassin skills are all from Factions; he can use them normally. Without access to Factions, you cannot force their use, although you can still disable them.
- Anton's default weapon is a pair of blue customized max Butterfly Knives with damage +10% while Health is above 50%.
- During the quests that lead up to the acquisition of Anton as a hero, he was seen to be using two different pairs of daggers. Each person seems to have a different opinion of what type of daggers he carries. Two examples of the daggers he will be seen wielding are a pair of Sai and a pair of Crescent Blades.
- A duplicate Anton will show up as an "Ebon Vanguard Assassin".
- As with all heroes, this one has a tonic form.
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki also has an article on Anton.|
- Anton is a possible reference to the assassin 'Anton Chigurh' from the book No Country for Old Men.
- Anton is a shortened form of the Roman clan name Antonius. See Wikipedia's Anton disambiguation page for possible name origins.