|Campaign||Eye of the North|
Xandra is the daughter of Juno, leader of the Turtle Clan, from the lands of the Luxon people. Trouble in her homeland forced Xandra to leave the area at her mother's behest, traveling to the far lands of Ascalon on what was called an ambassadorial tenure—but which Canthans know to be exile.
Xandra thinks well of her mother despite the unexpected travel, realizing that an intricate web of politics is what keeps her so far from home. Juno, suspected of killing the previous captain of the Turtle Clan, has sent her daughter into exile to keep her safe—or, some say, to prevent a repeat of the same scenario. Either way, Xandra is determined to make the best of the situation, and to honor her clan with brave actions in these strange, wild lands.
Quests involved in:
- Haunted (Xandra must be in the party)
To unlock Xandra as a hero, you must defeat her during the second round of The Norn Fighting Tournament. (However, she is one of seven possible opponents, so you might have to repeat the tournament before she appears.)
- Hero default skills
- Channeled Strike
- Cruel Was Daoshen
- Soothing Memories
- Spirit Rift
- Vengeful Weapon
- Resurrection Signet
- In the Norn Fighting Tournament
15 Channeling Magic, 15 Restoration Magic
Xandra starts with basic ritualist armor, labeled as Turtle Clan armor but with its own unique appearance. Unlike most heroes, however, her headgear is shown.
The appearance of her armor can be upgraded to Brotherhood armor using Cloth of the Brotherhood acquired from the Glint's Challenge challenge mission. It can also be upgraded to Deldrimor armor using Deldrimor Armor Remnants acquired in the Hierophant's Chest at the end of the Slavers' Exile dungeon.
See Xandra's armor gallery.
- (If you do not have Xandra as a Hero)
- "I fight in Magni's tournament. Come by Gunnar's Hold. We are always looking for new competitors."
- (If you have Xandra as a Hero)
- "I still can't return home, so I might as well see what trouble I can get into. Care to come?"
- "I kind of like the idea of traveling with you. At first I was skeptical. Repulsed, even. But now I can see that you are true to your word... and a fearless fighter. We will get along."
- "There's a nasty rumor about my mother. I won't go into details, but that's the reason I'm here."
- "Turtles: You gotta love them."
- "The most difficult trial a Ritualist must face is to look inside oneself... for we often see things we don't like."
- "With an open mind, even a blind man can see more than a wide-eyed fool."
- "You believe the world to be what is seen before you? Then you truly are blind."
- "Without pure concentration, the battle is lost."
- "Close your eyes. Breathe deep. Exhale. Stop."
- "Go easy into the next life. Who knows? Perhaps I'll summon you to battle one day."
- "Guess what's in this urn. Go on, guess!"
- "Your eyes deceive you; one should never trust them."
- "I can see your fear with my eyes closed."
- "I can beat you blindfolded!"
- "I should have my own attack. Fantastic was Xandra. That has a nice ring to it."
- "In your face!"
- "I've seen siege turtles move with more grace."
- "Life on the Jade Sea is hard. Your death will be harder."
- "My mother is Captain Juno of the Tortoise Clan. Perhaps she's defeated you before?"
- "That one's for my mother!"
- "That tickles!"
- "Wanna see something scary?"
- "Will you never learn?"
- "You look a little pale."
- Xandra, being a Luxon, is the first and only hero from either the Kurzick or the Luxon faction of Guild Wars Factions.
- Although a ritualist, Guild Wars Factions is not required to unlock Xandra. The disadvantage is that Guild Wars Eye of the North offers only 10 ritualist skills. Guild Wars Nightfall offers an additional 25 ritualist skills (including 10 elite skills).
- Xandra's default ritualist skills are all from Factions; she can use them normally. But without access to Factions, you cannot force their use, although you can still disable them.
- Xandra's default equipment is a customized max blue 9 req Ritualist Cane (loop skin) with HCT 10% Channeling Magic and an uncustomized max blue 9 req Channeling Focus of Fortitude with Health +20.
- A duplicate Xandra will show up as a "Luxon Ritualist".
- As with all heroes, this one has a tonic form
- The quote "Wanna see something scary?" is the same as one by Dan Aykroyd's character in the Twilight Zone Movie.