Tomb of the Primeval Kings
|Tomb of the Primeval Kings|
|Exit(s)|| The Dragon's Lair |
The Underworld (explorable area)
The Tomb lie shattered and corrupted by Abaddon's taint.
The Tomb of the Primeval Kings during Wintersday 2005.
More decorations of the Tomb during Wintersday 2006.
The Tomb of the Primeval Kings during Halloween 2007.
Moon viewed from the Tomb during Halloween 2008.
Legends remain of noble spirits who stand watch over the tombs. If there is a passage between the mortal world and the Underworld, surely such spirits would know how to find it.
— in-game description
The Tomb of the Primeval Kings is where ancient Elonian kings are buried, along with some famous heroes such as Lord Victo. This is where players form parties to fight against the forces of chaos in the explorable areas the Underworld, Scarred Earth, The Courtyard, and The Hall of Heroes.
- See also: Letters from Kuro
The Primeval Kings of Elona were buried here from 229 DR until 652 DR, when the Scarab Plague decimated the population of Istan and wiped out the Royal House of the Primeval Dynasty. 400 years later, Lord Odran opened a portal from here to the Rift. After he died, the portal could be accessed by anyone, and mortals would travel regularly into the Mists to battle each other for the Favor of the Gods.
This arrangement lasted for 200 years, until, just after the Wintersday celebrations in 1272 DR, the forces of Dhuum and Abaddon interrupted the tournament. They defeated the spirits of Warmarshal Turai, Lord Victo, and the Primeval monarchs, and began to slip through Odran's portal into the mortal world. By this point they had attracted the attention of both the Zaishen Order and the Order of the Sunspears, who fight back the darkness.
As compensation for the destroyed tournament grounds, the Zaishen have offered access to their home on the Battle Isles for all the stranded fighters. On these isles, another portal opened by Odran in Heroes' Ascent lies ready for use.
- 28 Ghostly Hero
- 20 Priest
- 20 Acolyte Jaikaro
- 20 Acolyte Quanjo
- 20 Acolyte Senfai
- 20 Commander Kuro
- 20 Rocius
- 20 Acolyte Singpa (merchant)
- 20 Monay (rune trader)
- 10 Sigil Trader
- 24 Xunlai Chest (storage)
- 15 Xunlai Agent (storage upgrades)
- During every Halloween festival and Wintersday 2005, the Tombs were decorated to look more festive.
- Known monarchs that are buried here include King Elswyth, King Kole, King Millius, Queen Nadijeh, and King Wenslauss.
- Complete exploration of this outpost contributes approximately 0.4% to the Tyrian Cartographer title.
- This used to be the outpost with access to what is now Heroes' Ascent.
- The January 13, 2006 and January 19, 2006 updates slowly progressed the corruption of the Tomb.
- The Halloween decoration for the Tombs was created before the corruption, thus during Halloween, the Tombs looks like the original Tombs design.
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki also has an article on Tomb of the Primeval Kings.|
|Towns and outposts in the Crystal Desert|
|The Amnoon Oasis • Augury Rock • Destiny's Gorge • Dunes of Despair • Elona Reach • Heroes' Audience • Seeker's Passage • The Dragon's Lair • Thirsty River • Tomb of the Primeval Kings|
|Missions • Explorable areas • Landmarks|