Halloween 2007 was a Guild Wars in-game event, to celebrate the annual return of the Mad King, who comes to the world of Guild Wars every year, on October 31st.
 Halloween 2007 Event: The Mad King Returns (Again)
- When sunlight wanes to shadow
- And mists fill nights once clear
- 'Tis time to think of monarchs
- Who visit once a year.
- Hail, Thorn, the king demented,
- Whose laughter fills the air
- Where cunning gifts are given
- With wit and deadly flair!
- And as the season passes
- Remember what you've seen
- In Lion's Arch and Kamadan
- On this good Halloween.
 The Mad King is coming!
The Mad King is coming! The Mad King is coming! That's right—he's baaack! Joined by his entourage of ghoulish cohorts, Mad King Thorn will entertain visitors with his cornucopia of mini-games and new jokes, and will reward participants with a variety of special Halloween items!
Mark your calendars for the event, which begins on Friday, October 26th, and runs until 11:59 p.m. Pacific time on October 31st. During the event, adventurers will notice that the Tyrian port of Lion's Arch and the Elonian port of Kamadan shine with an otherworldly glory befitting a king, especially a mad one! Once again, the maniacal monarch has decided to grace both cities with his ghastly presence and will reward his loyal subjects (and party participants) with prizes and a special Halloween gift. Or is that gifts?
So come along and spend a little time with Thorn—his sense of humor is guaranteed to slay you! But while his wicked jokes may lead to your untimely demise, your inventory will be all the richer with small mementos and a unique prize that he generously provides you.
 Mad King appearances
The Mad King arrived in Kamadan and Lion's Arch on October 31, 2007.
PST PDT GMT 11:01 p.m. 12:01 a.m. 07:01 a.m. 02:01 a.m. 03:01 a.m. 10:01 a.m. 05:01 a.m. 06:01 a.m. 01:01 p.m. 08:01 a.m. 09:01 a.m. 04:01 p.m. 11:01 p.m. 12:01 p.m. 07:01 p.m. 02:01 p.m. 03:01 p.m. 10:01 p.m. 05:01 p.m. 06:01 p.m. 01:01 a.m. 08:01 p.m. 09:01 p.m. 04:01 a.m. 11:01 p.m. 12:01 a.m. 07:01 a.m.
- Other time zones: CST = PST + 2hrs, EST = PST + 3hrs, AEDT = GMT + 11hrs, CET = GMT + 1hr
 Halloween festivities!
As much as he'd like to be the center of attention, the Mad King isn't the only exciting part of the festivities!
- An all-new opportunity for fun and rewards opens this year with the Costume Brawl! Come to the party dressed as one of many famous Guild Wars characters and fight your way to rewards!
- Peculiar collectors set up shop in Lion's Arch and Kamadan, peddling their spooky wares in exchange for various items.
- Two towns bedecked on holiday finery will greet you. Can you say "photo op?" Why, yes! You'll find the perfect place for those special holiday snapshots among the holiday props set up in Kamadan!
- And if that's not enough, there are whispers of additional treasures floating in the chilly, autumnal wind.
 Decorated Towns
- Candy Apple: Chomp into this caramel-covered confection to boost your maximum health and energy.
- Candy Corn: This cavity-causing treat will boost your attributes.
- Ghost-in-the-Box: Feeling brave? Open this mysterious box to receive a spooky surprise.
- Pumpkin Cookie: Boost your morale by eating this big, orange, delicious cookie.
- Squash Serum: Swallowing this potion might give you a big head. A big, orange one, that is...
- Transmogrifier Tonic: Transform yourself into the spirit of Halloween itself using this item!
- Trick-or-Treat Bag: Go out into the world and defeat monsters for a chance to obtain a special treat, new this year.
- Vial of Absinthe: Drink this beverage to be engulfed in a ghoulish flame.
- Witch's Brew: One sip of this potent brew will set your world spinning 'round and 'round.
Participation in one of Mad King Thorn's appearances will earn you a festival hat:
| Scarecrow Mask
| Mummy Mask|
- Mad King Thorn
- Buried Corpse
- Mad King's Guard
- Transformed Elonian
- Transformed Krytan
- Teller of Tales (planned, but not included)
 See also
|Canthan New Year||2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 onward|
|April Fools' Day||2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013|
|Anniversary Celebration||2nd • 3rd • 4th • 5th • 6th • 7th • 8th|
|Dragon Festival||2006 • 2007 (Redux) • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013|
|Wintersday in July||2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013|
|Halloween||2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 (Redux) • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013|
|Wintersday||2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 (Redux) • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 onward|
|Other annual events|| Breast Cancer Awareness Month • Lucky Treats Week • Pirate Week |
Special Treats Week • Sweet Treats Week • Wayfarer's Reverie
|One-time only events||Day of the Tengu • Farewell to Gaile|