Canthan New Year 2007
Canthan New Year 2007 was a special event that took place in Shing Jea Monastery from 16-19 February 2007. Although it was based in Shing Jea Monastery, there were some minor related events in Lion's Arch and Kamadan as well.
Each year, Canthans flock to Shing Jea Monastery to prepare and partake in a great feast to honor the particular celestial animal who will watch over them during the coming year. This year's animal, the Celestial Pig, will descend from the heavens to enjoy Cantha's culinary delights. If satisfied with the meal, the Celestial Pig will bestow good luck upon the populace for the coming year.
 Event Details:
 Redecorated Towns:
- Friday, February 16th, Noon PST (20:00 GMT): Start of the event
- Sunday, February 18th, 12:01 AM (08:01 GMT): first appearance of the Celestial Pig
- Monday, February 19th, 12:01 AM (08:01 GMT): last appearance of the Celestial Pig
- Monday, February 19th, Noon PST (20:00 GMT): Announced end of the festival.
- Monday, February 19th, 5:00 PM PST (Tuesday, February 20th, 01:00 GMT): Actual end of the festival. A Lunar Gift Keeper has been added to Shing Jea Monastery.
 Mini games:
 Rollerbeetle Races
For you racing fans, make your way to the Rollerbeetle Racing Arena and sign up for the next available race. You will be outfitted in your very own rollerbeetle racer, complete with its own set of racing skills. Races will run...er roll...all weekend long as players compete for prizes, bragging rights, and the chance at one of 100 special Miniature Greased Lightnings for the top times posted throughout the event. (Limit of one prize per account.)
Every festival brings with it a variety of problems that can only be solved by enterprising young adventurers willing to undertake a quest or two to ensure the festival runs smoothly. Supplies of everything from red dye (for Nian-scaring party attire) to fireworks (also used to frighten off the nian) will inevitably run low. And, speaking of the Nian, you never know when, or where, these New Year's festival hating creatures might attack.
Shing Jea Monastery:
- Coordinator Tahyaa:
- Johai Sohn: The Knights Who Say Nian
- Hai Len: Hopeless Romantic
Plains of Jarin:
Shing Jea Monastery:
- Court Astrologer
- Fortune Teller
- Guff Hufflebeak
- Hai Len
- Hanpo Sai
- Lorespinner Ri So
- Lunar Fortune Giver (Collector)
- Rollerbeetle Trainer
- Sugary Blue Drink - Just the thing when you need a quick boost of energy in town.
- Champagne Poppers - The classic party favor used to ring in the New Year in style.
- Bottle Rockets - A single-shot firework. Please point away from body.
- Sparklers - Shoots sparks around your body. Be careful not to stand near flammable objects.
- Red Gift Bag - Surprises come wrapped in red during the New Year's festival. Open for a festival gift or, possibly, a small fortune.
- Lunar Fortune - Will you have good luck or bad luck this year? Only your lunar fortune can tell you.
- Lunar Token - Collect these tokens throughout the festival and trade them in for prizes.
- Miniature Pig
- Follow the links for more details about each item.
Special Event Helm
Several Chefs stand in Shing Jea Monastery. They will collect specific ingredients during the finale.
|Imperial Chef Yan (Appetizers)||Imperial Chef Reun (Salad)||Imperial Chef Jiong (Soup)||Imperial Chef Chen (Main Course)||Imperial Chef Tian (Dessert)|
The Celestial Pig will provide a Lion Mask to each player in the district. The Celestial Pig also provided up to 16 Red Gift Bags depending on how many different ingredients had been gathered. If all of the dishes were successfully prepared, every player in the district also received a Miniature Pig minipet.
|Successful Dishes||Lion Mask||Red Gift Bags||Miniature Pig|
- Note: If no ingredients were gathered everyone in the district is turned into a pig for a short period of time.
 Further Information:
|Canthan New Year||2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 onward|
|April Fools' Day||2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 onward|
|Anniversary Celebration||2nd • 3rd • 4th • 5th • 6th • 7th • 8th • 9th onward|
|Dragon Festival||2006 • 2007 (Redux) • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 onward|
|Wintersday in July||2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 onward|
|Halloween||2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 (Redux) • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013|
|Wintersday||2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 (Redux) • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 onward|
|Other annual events|| Breast Cancer Awareness Month • Lucky Treats Week • Pirate Week |
Special Treats Week • Sweet Treats Week • Wayfarer's Reverie
|One-time only events||Day of the Tengu • Farewell to Gaile|