This is from the game update that made changes for the event:
 Beginning of the Halloween Event
- When the moon shines down on the Elon
- Like the eye of a ravenous drake
- Keep a lantern close by and the darkness at bay
- For on this holiday night, they say
- A spirit returns, pumpkin on head
- Wicked deeds (and bad jokes) will abound
- He’ll bluster and shout
- Spread chaos about
- ’till a banishment for his mischief be found
- Heed my tale, ye brave heroes
- From lands north and south
- Listen wherefore I say:
- Bind your sanity close, lest you lose what you love most
- When the monarch of madness appears.
 End of Halloween Event
- Now sadly, the madness is ended
- Laughs abounded and no tears were shed
- King Thorn has returned to the Underworld
- Pumpkin still very much on his head.
- No more scares for Elona and Tyria
- No more transformations or spooky décor
- Peace comes at last, though we can’t help but ask:
- Will the Mad King return once more?!
 From the Guildwars.com Halloween 2006 event page
- When sunlight wanes to shadow
- And mists fill nights once clear
- 'Tis time to think of monarchs
- Who visit once a year.
- Hail, Thorn, the king demented,
- Whose laughter fills the air
- Where cunning gifts are given
- With wit and deadly flair!
- And as the season passes
- Remember what you've seen
- In Lion's Arch and Kamadan
- On this good Halloween.
 Decorated Towns
 Event Summary
 October 23rd
- Event begins: Towns are decorated, and collectors appear in towns of Tyria and Elona.
 October 31st
- Mad King Thorn's Arrival: Beginning at Noon (PST for American players, GMT for European) and every three hours afterwards, the Mad King appears in Lion's Arch and Kamadan for the finale of Halloween. After appearing in town, the Mad King delivers a introductory monologue which was then followed by several interactive games - Rock, Paper, Scissors and Simon Says- which if won or played correctly rewarded players with a randon Halloween item. Failure to play, or loosing at Rock, Paper, Scissors resulted in the temporary death of players who were eventually revived by the Mad King to continue playing. The Mad King then proceeds to tell jokes to the players who are expected to laugh at them. At the end of the Mad King's appearance players are given an event hat.
 November 2nd
- Event ends: Towns have their decorations removed, collectors leave towns.
- Squash Serum: Swallowing this potion might give you a big head. A big, orange one, that is...
- Witch's Brew: One sip of this potent brew will set your world spinning 'round and 'round.
- Ghost-in-the-Box: Feeling brave? Open this mysterious box to receive a spooky surprise.
- Vial of Absinthe: Drink this beverage to be engulfed in a ghoulish flame.
- Transmogrifier Tonic: Turns you into one of the Mad King's guards.
Participation in one of Mad King Thorn's appearances will earn you a festival hat:
| Furious Pumpkin Crown
| Wicked Hat|
Tyrian collectors for Halloween were found in the same outposts they were the previous year, with the exception of Droknar's Forge. The Elonian province of Istan also had Halloween collectors arrive for the festival.
- The 2006 Halloween event began with the October 23rd Update, and ended with the November 2nd Update.
- The Scribe made mention of the then upcoming Halloween event in the October 26th edition
- GuildWars.com Halloween 2006 Event Page
 See also
|Canthan New Year||2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013|
|April Fools' Day||2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013|
|Birthday Celebration||2nd • 3rd • 4th • 5th • 6th • 7th • 8th|
|Dragon Festival||2006 • 2007 (Redux) • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013|
|Wintersday in July||2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013|
|Halloween||2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 (Redux) • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013|
|Wintersday||2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 (Redux) • 2010 • 2011 • 2012|
|Other annual events||Breast Cancer Awareness Month • Lucky weekend • Pirate Week • Special Treats Week • Sweet Treat Weekend • Wayfarer's Reverie|
|One-time only events||Day of the Tengu • Farewell to Gaile|