O Brave New World
|O Brave New World|
|Section||Tarnished Coast Quests|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
|Given by|| Blorf |
in Vlox's Falls
|Preceded by||The Elusive Golemancer|
|Type|| Secondary quest|
Route from Vlox's Falls
Protect Erff and his krewe of artisans as he scouts out a new potential settlement for the Asura.
- Meet Erff in Arbor Bay.
- Guide Erff to a potential settlement location in Arbor Bay.
- Help Erff scout out another potential settlement location.
- Speak with Erff.
- Defend the work krewe from the invading Destroyers.
- See Blorf for your reward.
Follow the map markers as Erff scouts out various locations in Arbor Bay. The local fauna in the first stage are easily dealt with. However, Erff eventually takes you to the top of a ruined building, where you must defend the party against waves of Destroyers and ultimately, the Shock of Destruction (a Destroyer boss). The destroyers only come from one direction so there is no need to worry about defending the north side of the pyramid too.
When the Destroyers approach, position the team just behind the top of the stairs. While the melee attackers will get to you, the rangers will stay on the stairway and attack, but will not be able to hit you. Take out the warriors and any other Destroyer that makes it to the top of the platform and then deal with those below. Pull back from the stairs after each wave to regenerate health and energy.
- Switch to Stout-Hearted against the destroyers unless your Deldrimor rank is extremely low.
- Pain Inverter is useful against the boss and the various destroyers.
- Group-wide protection and healing skills are helpful for the final battle, e.g. Union or Shelter.
- Ward spells are useful here, since the party is defending a particular spot.
- Anti-melee skills help against the Destroyer waves, particularly Clumsiness or Wandering Eye.
- 28 (30) Destroyer of Bones
- 28 (30) Destroyer of Flesh
- 28 (30) Destroyer of Sinew
- 28 (30) Destroyer of Deeds
- 28 (30) Destroyer of Hordes
- 28 (30) Destroyer of Hope
- 28 (30) Destroyer of Thoughts
- "The surface resettlement effort is moving along, but the Destroyer threat has deepened considerably. Now they threaten to delay my schedule, and that I just cannot abide. My chief location scout, Erff, is so frightened about Destroyers bubbling up in Arbor Bay that he hasn't even picked out the new settlement site yet. My krewe needs to get started as soon as possible, but Erff refuses to scout out the location without a bodyguard. You look big and beefy; are you interested?"
- Erff: "So Blorf finally got some sense knocked into his head, eh? I'm a builder, not a fighter. You lead the way and take care of anything big and nasty. I'll stop you when I see something of interest."
After first potential settlement:
- Erff: "If we're going to live above ground, this is a fine spot. At least it won't smell like mold."
- Erff: "Although, it's a bit too sunny and hardly defensible at all. I worry about all this water. Should there be a sudden downpour, a flood would be sure to follow."
- Erff: "Nope, no good, Onward!"
After second potential settlement:
- Erff: "Quaint and certainly homey, but it would require much excavation. I wonder though, perhaps it will be worth the effort. These structures even look salvageable."
- Erff: "Yes, I'm quite sure this will do. We will start construction immediately."
After talking to Erff:
- Erff: "Blorf will be pleased. Now he can get back on schedule. Wait... did you hear that? That shriek, I know it. Destroyers. They're here! But this is such a perfect site. I'm tired of running from these creatures. We must defend it! And by we, I mean you."
- "Excellent work, bookah. It constantly surprises me to see how handy you humans can be in a pinch. I might just have to get a few more."
- If Erff and the artisans are not outside Vlox's Falls then continue to the pyramid where you will find them waiting for you.
- If your party wipes, a resurrection shrine is close enough to admit another try.