Is pet evolution fixed by level 15?
What I mean is, I wonder if it can still change after that. I've been leveling up all the pets for unlocking tiers the long way (dragging them to every adventure my ranger has been on, to the consternation of friends and PuGs alike), and when starting from level 5, I've always ended up with a hearty pet at level 20. (I generally keep it on heel all the time in order to keep it out of the way, since I favor a bow-based build.) Level 12 playful lions/lionesses went to level 20 hearty (charmed as aggressive in NF, turned in and respawned as playful). But when I started with level 15 elder pets (stolen from various bosses in Fac), regardless of how much or how little fighting I allowed them to do, they remained elder at level 20. At first I thought this was a fluke, but when it happened with all 4 or so species, I have to wonder... (I ended up turning in the level 20 elder result in each case and respawning a level 15 hearty pet to re-level up for the last tier.) On the other hand, perhaps it's just that they had very little time for any evolution to change; spending a lot of time in endgame/HM areas meant it only took a day or two to get each one from level 15 to level 20. 188.8.131.52 11:13, 25 May 2014 (UTC)
- I've found that even with a ranged build, it can be useful to have the pet fight, even (especially?) if it isn't strong enough to survive the fight. Specifically, my N/R went to see Rotscale during the first Wayfarer's Reverie event, and with Koss bodyblocking Rotscale, I sent my pet in to attack. The poor thing got squished, but Koss kept Rotscale close enough to the corpse that I could spam Signet of Sorrow on instant recharge, with EVSS to spice things up a bit each time it recharged and my energy was high enough. Cynique (talk) 10:08, 26 May 2014 (UTC)
Unevolvable Presear Strider
I can confirm the anomaly with Striders not evolving or growing after death leveling in presear. I death leveled using frenzy healsig to increase the speed and damage received, and ended up with a lvl 20 unevolved, short strider. (He's the same size as a lvl 1, has 480 health, zoning and resetting his name did not cause an evolution to display.)
Idiot, here... I'm looking to find pets. Everywhere I roam, no pets exist!
Because I am Beast Mastery, EVERYTHING kills me! I think I made a MASSIVE mistake! DOH!!!!
Someone, PLEASE tell me where to find worthy beasts to tame!!! Please?!
- Charmable animal has locations on all of them listed. At the bottom of Animal companion there are links to videos with animal locations. To charm a pet you won't need to assign any points to Beast Mastery. You only need to equip Charm Animal and target a charmable animal. These animals are friendly at first, but will attack as soon as you use the skill on them. Make sure you flag any heroes or henchmen far away from the animal, or they will start attacking it while you charm it. You can use a skill such as Troll Unguent before you start charming, should you be unable to survive for whatever reason. To avoid enemies while charming the animal, draw them away from the animal with a bow or a spear and kill them far away enough to not accidentally kill the animal. I think that's as clear as it's going to get. Good luck! - Infinite - talk 12:05, 19 March 2019 (UTC)
Professions and fingers of chaos
Currently it might be possible that the pre searing strider and the post one have different professions or mixed professions, and that fingers of chaos affecting them. The two professions being looked into for this is it being warrior and ranger. If anyone else has experienced something similar or has tested this feel free to add your findings. Shade the (talk) 15:16, 22 September 2019 (UTC)
- Some thoughts: I wasn't partaking in the Amateur Hour / There Can Be Only One profession research. I wouldn't be surprised if the researches tested for ranger first and when the pet turned out to be one they didn't check with other professions. And only HoB and wolf were checked for being warriors. So it might even be possible that more than the strider/moa bird could have a secondary profession. Or do we know how things were tested back then? Steve1 (talk) 17:53, 22 September 2019 (UTC)
Might be useful as well to help read the skill, to know what to look for; Fingers_of_Chaos.
I'm leveling 4 pets on my heroes, and I just got Norgu. The pets were level 12, and Norgu was 18. Norgu is now 20, and the pets are only 13. There is 100% XP sharing going on! 184.108.40.206 05:42, 26 October 2019 (UTC)
- It isn't necessarily sharing. They may be gaining XP based on Norgu's level rather than their own. Cynique (talk) 08:11, 26 October 2019 (UTC)
- If that were the case, they were being used by level 20 heroes. I don't think a 2 level difference would explain the difference, especially since they required around 5000 less xp to level! 220.127.116.11 16:50, 26 October 2019 (UTC)