Cold as Ice
|Cold as Ice|
|Section||Far Shiverpeaks Quests|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
|Given by||Sif Shadowhunter |
|Preceded by||Anything You Can Do|
Prove your worth once and for all by single-handedly defeating the mighty Glacial Griffon.
- Speak to Sif when you are ready to face the Glacial Griffon.
- Destroy the Glacial Griffon and prove your valor to Sif. Earn your song!
- See Sif Shadowhunter for your reward.
After talking to Sif, you will be taken to an empty Sifhalla, where after a short period of time, the Glacial Griffon will spawn. Defeat it and you will be returned to town to turn in the quest.
- See also: Cold as Ice/Guide for a detailed walkthrough
- Display the Norn title for the additional maximum health from Heart of the Norn.
- Exploit corpses in the area.
- Self healing skills.
- Many PvE skills apply a number of damaging conditions or provide an extra ally, including Ebon Vanguard Assassin Support, Summon Ruby Djinn, Mental Block.
- Counters to Griffon:
- "Are you ready to tackle a worthy quest, <character name>? In the highest icy reaches live the glacial griffons. They are deadly and prey mostly on wolves, bears, and other large game. I have spread wolf carcasses around the village to attract one of these beasts. Your task is simple: single-handedly slay a glacial griffon. Only then will your deeds be worthy of song; only then will your fame rise to the level of a true Norn."
- "What a welcome sight! I didn't expect you to return, <character name>. At least, not in one piece. Slaying the glacial griffon is a deed worthy of many songs, starting with this one.
- Hail! Hail! Witness the skill!
- Body parts stewn, fresh from the kill
- <character name>, you are second to none
- May your legend ring true from dusk 'til sun
- Catchy, eh? Well... it's a work in progress."
- During the quest, there are six exploitable White Wolf corpses.
- You get credit for completing this quest if you kill the Griffon, even if you die.