Update #2 - Thursday, December 16, 2010
- Fixed a bug that prevented the minimap from displaying properly in Olafstead.
- Fixed a bug that prevented skill effects from loading properly for some players in the "Great Snowball Fight of the Gods."
Update - Thursday, December 16, 2010
Hearts of the North
As the days grow short, Tyria prepares for the new year. Decorations pop up around town, and holiday vendors sell seasonal treats. The crisp air carries the scent of gingerbread and peppermint—and the occasional flying snowball! Not everything is nog and joy. Again, the gods Dwayna and Grenth clash over who will control the weather during the coming months. This year, however, Balthazar has pledged his support to the followers of Grenth. Their united purpose: a chilly period of mortal reflection. In response, Melandru has joined forces with Dwayna to preserve the seasonal gaiety and bring on an early spring. Pick a side, and celebrate the season. Wintersday is here!
- Preparations have been made for Wintersday 2010.
- Holiday quests are now available throughout the land.
- Players can enter PvP Snowball Fights by speaking with Wintersday Priests.
- 8v8 ATS-style Snowball Tournaments are accessible through guild halls.
Snowball Fight Updates
- Dwayna vs Grenth 8v8 (Automated Tournament): Dwayna's side no longer uses Avalanche; both sides now use Yellow Snow.
- Melandru and Balthazar costumes are available for purchase from the In-Game Store and the NCsoft Store.
- Fixed a text bug for Patient Spirit that displayed the Healing amount as 0 in the French concise description.
Guild Wars Wiki notes
- This update added new quests for Hearts of the North (Norn Catering and The Wedding) and Wintersday (Fighting in a Winter Wonderland and Operation: Crush Spirits); it also introduced a new hero.
- Existing Wintersday quests now reward Wintersday Gifts instead of Candy Cane Shards.
- ArenaNet did not introduce a new jingle pet this year.
- The skill type of Avalanche was changed from "Skill" to "Spell".