From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Wintersday Priests are similar to most Arena Guards in the way that they teleport you to an arena. These will take you to the Dwayna vs Grenth arena, or back out again.
Only spawns at the following locations during the Wintersday and Wintersday in July events:
- The Battle Isles
- Great Temple of Balthazar (West of the Zaishen Challenge Quest signs)
- The Mists
- Dwayna Vs Grenth (outpost) arena outpost
- The Battle Isles
- Ascalon City (near entrance to Old Ascalon and the henchmen)
- Lion's Arch (beneath Firstwatch Sergio and between the two avatars)
- Southern Shiverpeaks
- Droknar's Forge (next to the statue of Droknar, Wintersday collectors and the armorers)
- Crystal Desert
- Kamadan, Jewel of Istan on the upper Western deck
When spoken to in town:
- "Do you like a good snowball fight? That's right, the time has come for the sacred Wintersday ritual to determine whether Grenth or Dwayna will hold greater sway in the year to come. As always, the gods have decreed that we shall battle in their stead, using weapons provided by the heavens...snowballs, that is. If you wish to participate, let me know."
- I like snowball fights.
- "That's great. Some people are intimidated by the thought of holding the fate of the world in their frosty little mittens, but frankly, I guess they're missing out. Snowball fights are fun. So, what do you say, are you ready to go fight now?"
When spoken to in Dwayna Vs Grenth (outpost):
- "When you are ready to travel, I will take you to the edge of the city"
- "Come one and all. speak to me to learn how to join the greatest of Wintersday activities: the glorious snowball fight!"
- The versions of this NPC in Ascalon City, Lion's Arch, Droknar's Forge, Kamadan and the Great Temple of Balthazar will teleport characters into the Dwayna vs Grenth arena. The version in the Dwayna vs Grenth arena outpost will teleport characters back to the last town they visited.
- He looks like one of the members of the Shining Blade.