| Monk skills|
|Categories|| Skill feedback|
My monk skill suggestions merged into one suggestion.
- For every rank of Divine Favor your Healing Prayers spells heal for 2% more, your Protection Prayers enchantments last 1% longer and your Smiting Prayers spells targeting an ally deals 1 holy damage to adjacent foes.
Boon Signet 5 Elite Signet. You gain +1...3...3 Healing Prayers and +1...3...3 Protection Prayers. Your next Healing Prayers spell or Protection Prayers spell you cast on an ally heals for 20...68...80.
Release Enchantments 5 ¼ 15 Spell. Removes all upkeep enchantment spells you are maintaining. Removal effect: heals all your party members for 5...41...50 and you gain 1...4...5 energy for each enchantment removed.
10 4 20 Spell. Resurrect target party member at 25...65...75% health and 25...65...75% energy.
25 6 60 Spell. Resurrect all party members at 25...45...50% health and 25...45...50% energy.
Scribe's Insight -1 5 ¼ 20 Elite Enchantment spell. You gain 5...41...50 health whenever you use a spell and 1...3...4 energy whenever you use a signet. Your spells cast 15...35...40% faster and your signets recharge 15...35...40% faster. Ends if you cast a spell on yourself or enter a stance.
Spell Shield 5 ¼ 10 Enchantment spell (10 seconds). Your next enchantment spell targeting an other ally has double Divine Favor bonus and target is enchanted with Spell Shield (5...21...25 seconds). While enchanted with this spell the next time a non-dervish enchantment ends early on target ally this enchantment ends instead. End effect: heals for 10...82...100. Ends after you cast an enchantment spell.
10 2 20 Spell. Heals your party for 5...15...17% the amount of their maximum health (maximum healing of 85).
10 2 20 Spell. Heals your party for 20...60...70. Heals enchanted and hexed party members for 50% more.
Word of Healing 5 ¼ 3 Elite Spell. Heals target other ally for 10...18...20% of it's maximum health (maximum healing of 150). Heals for 30...126...150 more if target's health is below 50%. Cannot self-target.
Protection Prayers support
Karei's Healing Circle 10 1 20 Ward spell (10 seconds). Allies inside this ward gain +1...4...5 health regeneration. Protection Prayers enchantments cast on allies inside this ward last +1...12...15% longer. This skill is disabled for 20 seconds.
Restful Breeze 5 ¼ 10 Enchantment spell (5 seconds). Target ally gains +4...9...10 health regeneration. Protection Prayers enchantments that target this ally cost 1...3...3 less energy. Cannot self-target.
Amity 10 1½ 20 Elite Enchantment spell (3...7...8 seconds). Enchants all party members within earshot. Gives +1...3...4 health regeneration for each party member enchanted by this spell. Party members take 5 less damage for each foe adjacent to them (maximum damage reduction of 10...30...35).
5 ¼ 8 Elite Enchantment spell (5 seconds). Target ally cannot lose more than 10...6...5% maximum health when taking damage. Reduces incoming damage by 5...21...25%. Ends after taking damage 1...4...5 time[s].
5 ¼ 5 Enchantment Spell (5 seconds). Target ally cannot lose more than 20...12...10% maximum health when taking damage. Ends after taking damage 5 times.
10 4 20 Spell. Resurrect target party member at 25...45...50% health and 25...45...50% energy. Target party member takes 25...45...50% less damage (30 seconds).
- Pvp version
10 ¼ 5 Enchantment spell (5 seconds). Reduces incoming damage by 15...43...50 for target ally. Ends after taking damage 5 times.
Healing Prayers support
Live Vicariously 5 ¼ 15 Enchantment spell (30 seconds). Your Healing Prayers spells cast 5...33...40% faster. Whenever you cast a Protection Prayers enchantment on an ally that ally is healed for 1...2...2 for each rank of Healing Prayers you have.
Pacifism 5 ¼ 15 Enchantment spell (5 second). Reduces damage target ally takes by 5...41...50% while target ally is below 50% health. Healing Prayers spells that target this ally heal for +5...41...50% more. Cannot self-target.
Signet of Judgment 1 15 Elite Signet. Deals 25...57...65 holy damage damage and causes a knock down to target foe. Foes adjacent to the initial location of target foe take 5...21...25 holy damage each second (5 seconds).
Signet of Mystic Wrath 2 20 Signet. Deals 25...45...50 holy damage to target foe. Foes adjacent to the initial location of target foe take 5...17...20 holy damage each second (5 seconds) if you are enchanted.
Kirin's Wrath 15 2 30 Spell. For 10 seconds within in the area of the location of target ally or foe damage is converted into holy damage. Allies deal +1...12...15 holy damage with their attacks. Foes take 1...12...15 holy damage whenever they attack. Does not affect summoned creatures. This skill is disabled for 30 seconds.
Shield of Judgment 5 ¼ 15 Elite Enchantment spell (10 seconds). Negates the next incoming damage target ally takes and deals 25...65...75 holy damage and causes a knock down to the source of the damage and foes adjacent to the source.
Symbol of Wrath 15 2 30 Spell. For 10 seconds within the area of the location of target ally or foe damage is converted into holy damage. Allies deal 5...29...35 holy damage if they target a foe with a spell. Deals 5...29...35 holy damage to foes using a spell and foes adjacent to those foes. Does not affect summoned creatures. This skill is disabled for 30 seconds.
10 4 20 Spell. Resurrect target party member at 25% health and 25% energy. Target party member deals 15...43...50% more damage (15 seconds).
Martial class skills
Judge's Intervention 5 ¼ 15 Enchantment spell (30 seconds). The next time your health drops below 25% you are healed for 30...126...150 and adjacent foes take 15...63...75 holy damage. Attacking foes are knocked down.
10 6 20 Spell. Resurrect target party member with your current health and 25% energy and teleport that ally to your location.
Since people have started complaining about a lack of love for the monk i adjusted multiple skills to support all 3 of the monk's secondary attributes. I also changed the effect of Divine Favor removing it's ability to heal with Smiting Prayers wich has caused serious balancing issues in the past. As replacement it now gives a damage buff to Smiting Prayers dealing damage to foes adjacent to the ally you target with your Smiting Prayers skills. Another change that i made to it is that the effect of Divine Favor is now applied to all monk skills, not just spells. I primarily made this change so that the signets also benefit from the effect of Divine Favor, how few of them there might be. I also improved the monk's energy management a bit.
- Blessed Light: I reduced it's cost and increased it's recharge to make it more playable as a healing spell. It's removal now is conditional, following it's name, when the target ally is enchanted. It's high cost has been a serious hinder in it's play also considering there have always been better alternatives for healing and condition and hex removal.
- Contemplation of Purity: I changed it into a more effective self-healing skill by making it's heal unconditional and changed the condition of it's removal effect. It now removes conditions and hexes if you are enchanted with a monk enchantment instead of removing them for each monk enchantment removed. This change gives the monk some good self-support and allows it so save it's spells for it's allies.
- Divine Boon: I overhauled it's effect and made it a skill that increases the attributes of Healing Prayers and Protection Prayers. This makes a build combining both attributes more easier and effective.
- Divine Spirit: I changed it quite a bit. First of all I reduced it's recharge to 45 seconds since 60 is simply too long, second i set it's duration to 12 seconds allowing it to be a bit more usable without having a huge invesment. Last thing i did is to scale it's energy reduction instead and made it more like Selfless Spirit, only triggering on other allies. These changes gives the monk a much better form on non-elite energy management of it's own.
- Healer's Covenant: I moved it to Divine Favor and made it an elite Divine Spirit giving it the same abilities but with an added energy regeneration. These changes will give it a much better play and also gives the monk an elite energy management skill. This elite also has the problem that it's outplayed because of superior alternatives.
- Light of Dwayna: I changed it into a supportive heal. It heals other allies below 50% whenever you heal and ally with Healing Prayers. It is the only spell capable of healing allies other than your party at earshot range.
- Release Enchantments: This spell became a spell to support maintained enchantments by giving the player an instant cancel skill. With it's ability to cancel out maintained enchantments and returning energy it allows bonding to be played much more easily. It's party heal does not scale with the removal effect only the energy gain does.
- Scribe's Insight: It received a complete overheal. I changed it into an elite mainly designed to support Smiting Prayers' use of signets and use of Reversal of Damage. For the signet support it gives energy whenever you use a signet and recharges them faster like Mantra of Resolve does. It also supports the use of spells by letting them activate faster and offering a self-heal. As a drawback it ends when you cast a spell on yourself and with it's 20 seconds recharge it cannot be recast than often. Altough it will mostly benefit Smiting Prayers I improved the signets in Divine Favor so it can also benefit the other monk attributes quite well.
- Signet of Devotion: I reduced it's activation time to let it see play. It's a good skill but it's 2 second activation time just kills it's play. It's scaling has been slightly changed as well. It needs no real buff other than an activation time reduction. To balance it out a bit better i increased it's recharge. Like Boon Signet the added effect of Divine Favor may increase it's play quite a bit.
- Signet of Rejuvenation: I moved it to Divine Favor and changed it into a skill that heals both the target and the caster. As a drawback it cannot be self-targeted. I moved it to Divine Favor to let it have better synergy with Scribe's Insight and I want to move the free heals out of Healing Prayers and simplify the healing ability of the attribute a bit.
- Signet of Removal: This is also one of the skills that needs a plain buff due to the (much) superior alternatives. I moved it to Divine Favor and let it remove up to 2 conditions and hexes unconditionally.
- Smiter's Boon: With the change to Divine Favor's effect Smiter's Boon naturally has also been changed in effect. It now increases your Smiting Prayers attribute and increases the damage of Divine Favor by 30%. For PvP mainly a much needed buff, for PvE it improves the monk's offensive abilities nicely.
- Spell Breaker: Changed quite alot as well. It now has a cap of the amount of spells that are negated and it's cost and recharge have been reduced significantly as well. As aditional effect when it ends early it gives a small heal. These changes should let it see play outside farming builds.
- Spell Shield: This spell has also been overhauled. It now function as a cover enchantment enchanting the next target ally you target with an enchantment. When an enchantment would end early on an ally by the effect of a removal skill Spell Shield end instead preserving the enchantment that would be removed. I excluded dervish enchantments to prevent it from disruping the attack chain of dervishes. As aditional effects i gave it the ability to double the Divine Favor bonus for the next enchantment and when Spell Shield prevents a removal it gives a significant heal, this also gives you a visual effect to see when an enchantment removal has been cast.
- Unyielding Aura (PvP): To let it see use in PvP changed it into an enchantment that improves the healing the enchanted ally receives. This effect should prove to be fun play in PvP.
- Watchful Healing: I changed it's effect a bit. It now enchants both you and your target and made it's end effect unconditional, as drawback it cannot be self-targeted. This effect should improve it's play quite a bit.
- Watchful Spirit: I overhauled it's effect and made it an energy version of Watchful Healing. It now gives you and your target energy regeneration and gives energy when it ends giving the monk a supportive form of energy management.
- Withdraw Hexes: I changed it's effect to be closer to that of Convert Hexes. It removes all of the hexes on an ally and as removal effect removes up to 3 hexes from your party. These changes make a much more effective spell to counter hex heavy areas.
Taking it into a new direction with spells that heal by % of the maximum health of the target similar to the heal of Infuse Health. It's a bit of a gamble that needs to be worked out more but can fix the problem of a lacking heal that low cost low heal spells have such as Orison of Healing. It makes them effective regardless of the amount of health the target has so they retain their full effectiveness at all time and not lose it when healing an ally with a high amount of health.
The spells that have their initial heal changed to % are the core healing skills of the monk and their elite versions
- Orison of Healing: The benchmark healing spell of the game where every other heal is compared to. Since it's healing has gotten fairly weak in comparison to other healing skills i changed the method of how it heal. It now heals up to around a 6th of the maximum health and the amount it heals depends on that. This change allows it to heal any target more equally regardless of their maximum health. However, multiple of these spells have the healing capped at a certain amount.
- Heal Party: Heals the party for the same amount as Orison of Healing. The second thing i changed is it's cost, casting time and recharge time, these make it a bit unplayable unless the user has some strong energy management. I changed them to make it more energy and AI friendly to use, including the PvP version.
- Heal Other: Heal up to 35% of the target's maximum health, roughly two and a half more than Orison of Healing like it currently does. This change in healing should also justify it's cost and drawback better.
- Heal Area: It's range has been increased to in the area suiting it's name a bit better. It no longer affects enemies and only heals allies. Its healing has been changed to %. I made these changes so it can effectively heal the caster backline when they take damage caused by an AoE skill.
- Healing Touch: I changed it's healing to a % heal with a double Divine Favor heal that also heals allies near the target. This should make it a good self-heal and a good short recharging party heal.
- Word of Healing: It's initial heal has been changed to % and it's conditional heal has been increased. I changed it back into an elite version of Heal Other like it used to be, making it unable to self-target. It always has been a very powerful healing skills and should remain that way but it's self-target has always made it a bit problematic making killing the healer difficult, especially against skilled ones. However for self-healing the change to Healing Touch and Contemplation of Purity should fill in that position.
- Words of Comfort: I changed it into a spell that is closer to Word of Healing in function and designed it as a cheap non-elite spell that can heal a fairly large amount of health when an ally needs it.
- Glimmer of Light: Being an elite version of Orison of Healing, Glimmer of Light also has it's heal changed to a % heal. It can heal up to a 4th of an ally's health.
- Light of Deliverance: The elite version of Heal Party has a slightly better heal than it's non-elite version but a lower cost and recharge. This change should make it a viable elite party heal again. The idea to these changes to the elites is to let the player choose between a powerful spike healing skill for other allies, a flexible fast-casting heal that can be self-targeted or a party heal.
Also some other aditional improvements to area heals.
- Healing Light: I ended up changing it into a "Healing Over Time, Area of Effect" spell, an opposite of the DoT AoE spells, that heals allies for 5 seconds with an end effect that also gives an aditional heal. It makes an effective counter against damage over time and other area of effect damage in both PvE and PvP.
- Healing Ribbon: I swapped it's cost and recharge, now costing 5 energy and having a recharge of 10 seconds. The healing now affect all allies adjacent to the target instead of 2 nearby allies, the drawback still remains. Altough having a fairly long recharge, the reduced cost and it's AoE heal should make it a good spell for the times when multiple allies take damage.
- Healing Ring: I changed it into a ward spell that heals allies inside of it for a period of 10 seconds. Being a cheap version of Heal Area/Karei's Healing Circle does not make this skill usable at all.
The enchantments that i changed.
- Dwayna's Sorrow: I changed it into an enchantment that is basically a healing version of Soul Reaping. It heals whenever a nearby ally or foe dies and its healing is capped at 80 every 15 seconds. Like Soul Reaping it does not affect spirits.
- Healing Hand: I changed it into a fast activating spell that heals a target over a period of 10 second and removes a condition and a hex. As a drawback it can no longer be self-targeted but it's fast activation time and ability to remove both a condition and a hex should allow it to compete with the other elite skills very well. It's current effect is nice but not elite worthy so i moved it to Healing Seed.
- Healing Seed: As explained at Healing Hands i moved Healing Hand's function to Healing Seed to let is see play.
- Supportive Spirit: I changed it a spell that prevent a knock down and heals instead oh healing every time the enchanted ally is hit while knocked down. This function makes it much more practical in use since its better to prevent damage than to fix damage.
The remaining single-target heals that have been changed.
- Ethereal Light: I simply removed it's easy to interrupt drawback making it a good cheap single target healing spell. This makes it a good solid number heal.
- Healing Whisper: I made it a full range spell and increased it's recharge and reduced it's activation time bit to improve it's playability. Like Ethereal Light it also makes a good solid number heal.
- Gift of Health: I simply gave it the old function of Heal Other but at a reduced activation time.
- Mend Condition: I moved it to Healing Prayers to give the attribute a proper condition removal spell. It's removal function also suits Healing Prayers much better as it can be seen with Cure Hex wich has the same ability but for hexes instead of conditions. It's recharge has been increased and it can be self-targeted. It also reduces the needlessly high amount of condition removals Protection Prayers has. To be more precise the monk currently has an overkill of condition removal skills wich makes them hard to balance properly so I spread them out over the attributes a bit.
I also made a significant change to the resurrection spells an focused the resurrection ability more around the core spells Resurrect and Rebirth.
- Resurrect: I moved it to Healing Prayers and changed it into a spell has can resurrect a party member up to 75% health and energy with no real drawback. This makes it a simple and effective resurrection spell that is available in all campaigns. It has the power of resurrecting a party member that can immediately return into a fight.
- Restore Life: I changed it into a spell that resurrect a party member at the users current health like Flesh of My Flesh does and can resurrect a party member up to full energy. Its recharge has been reduced in PvE and has been increased for PvP. It still remains a touch spell.
- Rebirth: I moved it to No Attribute and removed the energy loss and gave it a recharge. It still resurrects a party member to your location but at your current health and 25% energy. It has the advantage over Resurrect by resurrecting a party member without causing an aggro.
- Resurrection Chant: I changed it into a spell that can resurrect all party members in the area of your location up to 50% of their maximum health and 35% energy. This gives the monk the ability to resurrect multiple party members at once, an ability it is currently lacking. It also is the last of the 3 spells that have been changed to resurrect allies. I moved it to Protection Prayers to give it a resurrection spell.
- Renew Life: Like Restore Life Renew Life's function also became inferior and unneeded and I gave it a similar change. Giving Restore Life the old function of Heal Other I gave Renew Life the old function of Heal Party to preserve it's for the players that like it.
- Vengeance: I moved it to Smiting Prayers and made some changes to it. It resurrects a party member at 50% health and energy instead of full health and energy and it is no longer an enchantment spell. The drawback of the resurrected party member dying after 30 seconds and the damage increase now scales with the attribute. These changes should make it a more effective resurrection spell and gives Smiting Prayers a resurrection spell of it's own.
The newly added Protection Prayers support skills.
- Jamei's Gaze: It no longer acts as a duplicate of Heal Other but as a healing spell suited for skill bars with a higher amount of Protection Prayers. Even at a mid level of investment it offers good healing when the condition is met, wich is needed for a heal designed for mixed of healing and protection due to a reduced investment into Divine Favor.
- Karei's Healing Circle: I changed it into a ward spell that offers regeneration to allies for 10 seconds and increases the duration of Protection Prayers enchantments cast on allies inside the ward even if the caster is outside of the ward. The combination of health regeneration with an improved duration of Protection Prayers enchantments will improve the survivability of allies inside of it quite well.
- Restful Breeze: I changed this one into a spell with an effect similar to Air of Enchantment. It reduces the cost of Protection Prayers enchantments cast on the enchanted ally making the use of them much easier to use. Following it's name it still has a health regeneration effect. The combination of the health regeneration and the ability to cast protective enchantments more easily makes the enchanted ally much more durable.
Here i mainly focused on removal skills and damage reductions skills and changing unused and underused skills into usable skills.
For the removal skills i adjusted these:
- Divert Hexes: It has to many functions pushed into one skill, to make it viable again i removed the condition removal effect and reduced it's cost. It removal effect has been changed. Instead of healing for each hex removed it disables the removed hexes on the enemies skill bar preventing them from casting it for 20 second. This recharge is includes in the recharge time of the hex if its still recharging. With a cost of 5 and its new removal effect it should be much more usable as an elite hex removal.
- Reverse Hex: It now prevents a hex to be cast on the target instead of reducing damage when a hex is removed. This allows you to counter 2 hexes instead of one. It's cost has been reduced to 5 and it's recharge increased to make it more playable and on par with Cure Hex.
- Purifying Veil: I changed it into a condition version of Reverse Hex for the same reasons.
Next up are the damage reduction skills.
- Amity: Arguably the worst elite in the Protection Prayers attribute. I completely overhauled it and turned it into a party wide enchantment that converts a certain ammount of damage into healing. This protects your party against a large ammount of AoE damage and when facing a high ammount of enemies.
- Mark of Protections: The reason why Amity is arguably the worst since this skill is about as bad as Amity. Like Amity it has been overhauled. I gave it 2 different function for PvE and PvP. For PvE it acts as a party wide protection spell that reduces damage to 10% of the maximum health, a party wide Protective Spirit. For PvP it is a single target spell that reduces damage up to 5% of the maximum health and reduces the damage taken but is limited to a few hits only.
- Protective Bond: Reduces damage to 10% of the maximum health but it's no longer an upkeep enchantment and no longer has a drawback. It's a less expensive version of Protective Spirit that reduces more damage for the same amount but capped at 10 hits for PvE and 5 for PvP. Its a good and cheap alternative for Protective Spirit.
- Spirit Bond: To reduce the healing of Protection Prayers I changed the healing into a large damage reduction.
- Shield of Deflection: Its duration has been set to 10 seconds and I scaled its blocking rate and changed the armor increase into a damage reduction of spells. Its a good skill already but concidering its high energy cost I gave it a small buff.
- Shield of Regeneration: It's high energy cost and the existence of Zealous Benediction have removed this skill from play. To let it see some play again I gave it the same cost, activation, recharge and duration as Shield of Deflection. It still offers regeneration but its armor increase has been replaced by a damage and life steal reduction like that of Shielding Hands.
Last and newly added Healing Prayers support. These enchantments are designed to promote the combined use of Healing Prayers and Protection Prayers and mainly aims at giving them functions that can be used by build both either focused on healing or protection.
- Life Attunement: I changed it into a spell that gives a party-wide heal based on the cost of the next spell you cast. Acting as an energy management skill it gives you energy for each rank of Healing Prayers you have. This change improves the use of the more costly spells in Healing Prayers such as Heal Other and Heal Area.
- Live Vicariously: I moved it to Protection Prayers and changed it into an enchantment that reduces the casting time of your Healing Prayers spells, making it easier for you to use them. It also gives your Protection Prayers enchantments a small amount of healing for each rank of Healing Prayers you have. This allows you to reduce the points in Divine Favor and invest them into Healing Prayers.
- Pacifism: I changed it into an enchantment that reduces the damage an ally takes by a large amount and improves the heal the targeted ally receives from Healing Prayers spells. This makes is a strong skill to quickly catch a powerful spike and outheal it. As a drawback it cannot be self-targeted.
An overhauled Smiting Prayers that is a bit of a gamble. I decided to focus Smiting Prayers more on supportive skills than on offensive skills and reduced the amount of offensive skills a bit. I also adjusted some skills into skills that can be used for the martial classes using the monk as a secondary rather than the monk primary.
- Banish: Since the multiple damage spells have been changed into attacks or have been made into supportive skills Banish has received a modest buff. It's recharge has been reduced and the damage it deals has been slightly adjusted as well. Instead of doing double damage to summoned creatures it now inflicts burning condition for 5 seconds to them. Being a cheap damage spell with a short casting time and recharge should make it a bit more playable.
- Word of Censure: I changed it into a damage version of Word of Healing. It deals holy damage to the target foe and adjacent foes and inflicts burning condition to foes that are below 50% maximum health. It's basicly a simple damage elite designed for solo spiking foes, where Ray of Judgment is designed for nuking multiple foes.
- Bane Signet: I made it a signet that causes a knock down is the target foe is attacking or using a skill instead of just attacking. It's damage has been increased a bit and it's recharge has been reduced.
- Castigation Signet: Like Bane Signet it's effect now also triggers if the target foe is either attacking or using a skill. However I changed it's effect from an energy gain into a damage increase since I improved energy management options in Divine Favor. Like Bane Signet it's recharge has been reduced.
- Signet of Judgment: It still deals holy damage and causes an unconditional knock down to the targeted foe but the way it deals damage to adjacent foes has been changed, it now deals damage over time for a period of 5 seconds wich also affects the target. It also has a recharge of 15 seconds now.
- Signet of Rage: I made a simple change to it, it now deals a moderate amount of holy damage to the targeted foe and adjacent foes. At a recharge of 15 seconds this makes it a simple but effective way to deal AoE damage.
- Signet of Mystic Wrath: I gave it a function similar to Signet of Judgment. Like Signet of Judgment it deals holy damage to a single target but it does not cause a knock down. Signet of Mystic Wrath has also gained the ability to deal DoT AoE damage like Signet of Judgment but only if you are enchanted and it deals less damage. Unlike the other signets the recharge and casting time of Signet of Mystic Wrath remain unchanged.
- Balthazar's Aura: I changed it into an enchantment spell that supports the martial classes by offering a 33% adrenaline gain increase for attacks, but not skills. As a drawback it cannot be self-targeted.
- Balthazar's Pendulum: Instead of causing a knock down by preventing a knock down, Balthazar's Pendulum now gives energy and adrenaline and makes next attack unblockable making it a strong supportive skill. Like Balthazar's Aura it cannot be self-targeted.
- Balthazar's Spirit: I changed it into an enchantment that gives energy whenever the targeted ally hits with an attack for a short duration. This change makes it much easier to use and much more effective as a supportive skill. Like the other 2 "Balthazar" skills it cannot be self-targeted.
- Defender's Zeal: I only made a few minor changes to it. First being that it's energy gain occurs when the hexed foe attacks regardless if that attack hits or not, the energy gain also occurs if the hexed foe uses a spell increasing it's range of use, as a balance it's recharge has been increased. To match it's name a bit better it also offers additional defense for allies against foes hexed with Defender's Zeal by granting them armor against these foes. These changes should make it a bit more flexible in use.
- Pensive Guardian: I moved it to Smiting Prayers and changed it into an enchantment that can block 3 attacks. As block effect it deals holy damage to adjacent foes making it a good defensive skill to punish attacks. It also makes it easier to balance the blocking skills in Protection Prayers and reduce the needless skills the attribute has.
- Shield of Judgment: I changed it into an elite Shielding Hands that deals damage back to the source that deals damage to the enchanted ally. As the end effect it causes a knock down to adjacent foes. This function makes it a good defensive elite skill for Smiting Prayers.
Next up are the Wrath skills. I designed as ward-like spells that affect allies and foes alike and convert any damage inside of them into holy damage. They can target both an ally or a foe and their effects take place at the located of the targeted ally or foe and affect both allies and foes regardless of wich is chosen as target. All 3 with a duration of 10 seconds and a recharge of 30 seconds wich cannot be reduced since they are disabled for 30 seconds. None of them affect summoned creatures.
- Holy Wrath: I designed Holy Wrath to support attacks for allies and punish attacks for foes. At the location of Holy Wrath damage allies deal with their attacks is increased in a similar way to the Conjure spells, since damage is converted into holy damage it does not synergize with the Conjure spells or Barbs or Mark of Pain. Foes attacking inside Holy Wrath take holy damage whenever they attack similar to Empathy.
- Symbol of Wrath: Where Holy Wrath affects attacks Symbol of Wrath affects spells. Allies inside Symbol of Wrath deal holy damage whenever they cast a spell on a foe, spells that are interrupted or fail are unaffected. Whenever a foe inside Symbol of Wrath use a spell that foe and foes adjacent to that foe take holy damage, similar to the effect of Backfire.
- Kirin's Wrath: It no longer functions as a duplicate of Symbol of Wrath. Where Holy Wrath affects spells and Symbol of Wrath affects spells, Kirin's Wrath affects all skills, including spells and attack skills. Whenever an ally uses a skill foes adjacent to that ally take holy damage, this makes it a bit different than Holy Wrath and Symbol of Wrath that increase the damage of attacks and spells. Foes inside Kirin's Wrath take holy damage whenever they use a skill, similar to the effect of Visions of Regret.
Martial class skills.
- Holy Strike and Stonesoul Strike: I changed these in melee attacks that deal armor ignoring holy damage. Their conditional effect remains the same. As an attack skill the requirement is easier to achieve and more beneficial for the melee classes.
- Smite: I changed it into a melee attack that deals holy damage causes a knock down to attacking foes. This makes it a useful attack that combines well with Holy Strike and Stonesoul Strike.
- Spear of Light: I changed it into a ranged attack that deals holy damage and heals and removes a condition from the user. This change makes it a useful bar compression attack for rangers and paragons.
- Judge's Insight: I still has the ability to convert damage into holy damage and still adds additional armor penetration to attacks. However it is now a self-cast enchantment and has gained the ability to heal and give energy when you use an attack skill. It's cost and activation time have both been reduced to make it more friendly to use in combat. These changes make it a useful offensive utility skill for the martial professions.
- Judge's Intervention: I overhauled it's function entirely and make it closer in function to Watchful Intervention. Like its counterpart Judge's Insight it is now a self-target enchantment. When your health drops below 25% it heals you and deals damage to adjacent foes at the same time. As an additional defensive ability it knocks down all adjacent attacking foes making it an effective defensive utility skill for the martial professions who invest into Smiting Prayers.
- Essence Bond: I made a minor change to it. Now it gives you energy for any type of damage you take instead of just physical or elemental. Also an update to make it trigger on 0 damage so it can replace Balthazar's Spirit for the Life Bond bonders as a source of energy management would also be nice.
- Succor: To improve it I removed the health regeneration and removed the cost of 1 energy loss whenever the bonded ally casts a spell. This allows it to be a more effective form of energy management and a good replacement for Balthazar's Spirit as a skill that offers energy management for other allies.
- Extinguish: I moved it to No Attribute and changed it into a spell that removes burning and one additional condition from all party members. This makes it a good non-elite party-wide condition removal. As a removal effect it recharges 50% faster if burning condition is removed making it an effective counter against enemies who use the burning condition a lot (e.g. Ruby Djinns and Burning Spirits).
- Martyr: I made 2 changes to it to improve it's playability. First I let it remove all conditions from your party instead of transferring all conditions from your party to you. Second, similar to Empathic Removal I added a healing of 50 to it so it can also serve as a party heal. These 2 changes should improve it's playability quite a bit, currently its the condition transfer effect and superior single target condition removals that hold back it's play a lot.
- Purge Conditions: I changed it into a spell that can remove 2 conditions instead of all conditions and greatly reduced its recharge to make it more playable. Although it lacks a removal effect, the ability to remove a cover condition should allow it to compete with the other condition removals quite well.
- Purge Signet: I changed it into a signet that removes a one condition and one hex without a cost and reduced it's casting time and recharge time. These 2 changes should make it a lot more playable and allow it to see a lot more play, also among the monk secondaries. It is a change that it needs because currently it is a terrible skill.
- Withdraw Hexes: I also moved this spell to No Attribute. I gave it a very simple but effective function, it can now remove a single hex from all party members without an additional cost. It has the same cost, casting time and recharge time as Remove Hex and should make a very effective counter against AoE hexes.