Who we are
Our guild name is "Liars Cheats and Thieves[Liar]". We have been a guild for over 7 years and have about 100 members(~90 of which have logged in within the past week) and are always looking for friendly players who enjoy participating in group activities. We are largely US/Canadian though we have many international players among us and our allies. We are Kurzick but have a sister guild to dump Luxon faction. Our focus is mainly pve though we do have some members engaged in GvG, Heroe's Ascent as well as casual pvp such as RA, AB, JQ and FA. Like many guilds, we do intend to carry through to Guild Wars 2. We belong to the AoL Alliance which is large, friendly and international.
We want [Liar] to be an environment where people can play together and enjoy anything the game has to offer. We want this to be place where people share their knowledge and experience with each other. People help each other out here, be it just with playing through the game for the first time, or learning advanced end game runs. This means that we are open to inviting people who are new to the game or returning from breaks. We will work with people to get them up to speed. We are more interested in people's ability to get along and work with their guildies than their immediate level of experience.
Though being helpful and friendly to each other is important in this guild, we still do very advanced end game activities. You name it, we do it. Domain of Anguish(Frostway), Underworld, FOW(Balanced and SC), hard mode Dungeons(Balanced and SC), MTSCs, Hardmode Missions, Vanquishes, Zaishen Quests(All PvE and PvP), War in Kryta, the new Pre-Dailies and more! Our members are eagerly awaiting the upcoming Winds of Change content update.
Something that has been very popular with us is our planned events. To save time on organizing runs on the spot, these runs are posted a week before hand in our planned events forum where a date and time is set. Then throughout the week members who are interested sign up for specific spots and show up at the scheduled time, with their character's equipped and ready to go. You do not need to sign up a week in advance if you do not know if you can make it. You can wait until the night of and sign up if there are still spots open.
If you join, you will not be required to come on any of these, but they are there for those who are interested.
Looking for new members
With the above in mind as our focus and mission, we are always looking for players that feel this kind of guild is right for them
- 1)That you be 17 years of age or older.
- 2)That you be and willing to use mumble whenever playing with other guildies. We do not require members to be on mumble outside of team activities but we strongly encourage its use since we feel that it helps people get to know one another. Mumble is a free voice chat program and if you need help, any officer will be able to help you get setup on it.
- 3)That you be willing to contribute to and maintain a fun and respectful gaming environment. You must be willing to give players(guildies, allies and pugs) the same level of respect you want and deserve at all times.
You can apply by either posting the answers to these questions here. You will need to register on the main site or use the visitor pass from below to be able to post. Or you can contact an officer in game for an interview.
- Lucci Slevin(Guild Leader)
- Panzer Healz
- Insidious Johnson
- Eva Peaks
- Jack Macoy
- Sussia Hawk
- Storm Spectrem
- Wobblin Billy
- Robina Hood XII
- Alyssa Darkmore
- Ashaire Shadowheart
1. What is your in game name?
2. By what name do you want your guildies to call you?(in game and on vent)
3. What is your Time Zone?
4. Do you meet with and agree to everything in the requirements section of our recruitment post?
5. Do you have any questions regarding the guild?