From Guild Wars Wiki
(Redirected from Rosa Salvitas)Jump to navigationJump to search
|Affiliation||Pink Day in LA|
- "Pink isn't just pretty, it's a symbol of breast cancer awareness. To increase attention to the issue, I've whipped up a dye that will certainly increase visibility. Would you like a vial?"
- It will be my honor to wear this dye.
- If you don't mind, I'll call it Salmon-Colored Dye.
- This will go perfectly with everything else I'm going to dye pink!
- Selecting any of the three options:
- "Select an item from my list below, then click "Buy.""
- "Select an item from your inventory below, then click "Sell.""
|Vial of Sadie's Dye [Pink]†||A special blend created to support breast cancer awareness. This item is not sellable or tradable.||100|
- † When introduced, this item was called Pink Dye; see below.
- She was first introduced as Rosa Salvitas in Lion's Arch at 11:00 AM PDT on October 16, 2010, for Pink Day in LA, and stayed until the end of the month. She took the place of Loremaster Ermenred.
- She and her associated Vials of Rosa's Dye [Pink] were renamed to Sadie Salvitas and Vials of Sadie's Dye [Pink], respectively, in the April 18, 2013 update in memory of the Guild Wars player Sadie Massa Kiss (nicknamed Sadie), who passed away from cancer in March 2013. She actively participated in Pink Day in LA.
- After the fist apperance the following years, she began regularly appearing from October 1 – 31 without displacing Loremaster Ermenred.
- She wields an Ensorcelling Staff and uses the same model as Candysmith Marley.
- "Salmon-Colored" is a reference to men embarrassed by the connotations of the color, e.g. in the TV series Friends, Ross claims his shirt is salmon-colored and not pink.
- The September 30, 2011 update renamed the Vial of Dye [Pink] purchased from Rosa Salvitas to Vial of Rosa's Dye [Pink] and created a new Vial of Dye [Pink] that works like any other dye, i.e. it drops from foes, is available from dye traders, and can be traded to other players.
- "Rosa Salvitas" is a Latin-like phrase that loosely translates to "saving pink".
- Her original dialogue was "October, as you know, is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. To increase attention, I've whipped up a dye that will certainly increase visibility. Would you like a vial?"
- Rosa offered a Vial of Rosa's Dye [Pink] described as a "special blend created to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month", while Sadie's dye is simply a "special blend created to support breast cancer awareness".