The Dawn of Rebellion
|The Dawn of Rebellion|
|Section||Primary Ebon Vanguard Quests|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
|Given by||Pyre Fierceshot |
in Grothmar Wardowns
|Part of||The Missing Vanguard|
|Preceded by||Against the Charr|
|Followed by||Warband of Brothers|
(Click to enlarge)
The Dawn of Rebellion quest guides the player from the Against the Charr quest into Dalada Uplands and then into the town of Doomlore Shrine, with the help of Pyre Fierceshot who is able to open the lock into Doomlore Shrine.
- Kill the Charr Shaman, Scorch Maulclaw, at Doomlore Shrine.
- Clear the entrance to the Cathedral of Flames.
- See Gron Fierceclaw [Merchant] for your reward.
After completing Against the Charr make your way through the band of Charr and mantids to Dalada Uplands. Enter Dalada Uplands and make your way through a band of Charr Seekers to the entrance of Doomlore Shrine, which is closed with Charr Lock. Defeat the group of Charr guards and the hunter that appears there. Then, have Pyre Fierceshot open the lock to Doomlore Shrine. He can die, and if he does, zone back to Grothmar Wardowns and he'll reappear again. Defeat the three parties of Charr, including the final party boss, Scorch Maulclaw, to complete the quest.
For characters that have been run to Doomlore Shrine, it is possible to just map travel there as soon as you take the quest. This saves you the hassle of fighting/running there; once you map travel, just walk out of the town to continue with the quest. However, keep in mind that when you zone outside, you will be on top of all the Charr protecting the entrance. Defeating Scorch Maulclaw will end the quest, so focus on killing him.
- Dalada Uplands
- 20 (26) Charr Axemaster
- 20 (26) Charr Seeker
- 20 (26) Charr Prophet
- 20 (26) Charr Hexreaper
- 20 (26) Charr Dominator
- 20 (26) Charr Flameshielder
- 28 (30) Charr Hunter Beast
- Pyre Fierceshot
- "If we are to find your Ebon Vanguard, we must first rescue my warband. I have have fought alongside them since birth. Like me, they have been branded as heretics by Hierophant Burntsoul, who sent the Charr Shaman Scorch Maulclaw to hunt us. My warband is now held by Maulclaw's chief torturer, Flamemaster Maultooth.
- The Shamans once led us in worshiping [sic] the Titans, but with the death of those false gods they now seek to install a new set of deities...the beasts you call Destroyers.
- Scorch's base is at Doomlore Shrine, northeast of here. Rescue my friends and we may find where Burntsoul has taken yours."
- Accept: "Charr worshipping Destroyers? That's madness! We must help [sic]"
- Decline: "I'll never trust the word of a Charr. Do it yourself."
- Ask: "Scorch Maulclaw and his Destroyer-worshipping followers must die. See to this and I will help you."
Reaching Doomlore Shrine.
- Pyre Fireceshot: I'll keep this gate open. Find Scorch Maulclaw and tear out his spleen! (quote)
- Scorch Maulclaw: Kill the humans!
The Warband plays on the death of Maultooth.
- Gron Fierceclaw
- "I enjoyed watching you toy with your prey, mouse. Unlike other humans, you are more than just a walking, smiling meal. I'm almost impressed by the ruthless way you handled my Destroyer-worshipping kindred. Almost."
- Pyre will join your party as an ally when you accept this quest.