Cities of Ascalon
From Guild Wars Wiki
|Cities of Ascalon|
( Tyrian only)
|Given by|| Symon the Scribe |
in Ascalon City
|Preceded by||Counting the Fallen|
|Followed by||Symon's History of Ascalon|
Historical Monument of Surmia
Historical Monument of Nolani
Historical Monument of King's Watch
Find all three historical monuments to preserve Ascalon's great history.
 Quest information
- Find the historical monument in Surmia.
- Find the historical monument in Nolani.
- Find the historical monument of King's Watch.
- 1,000 Experience
- Earth Scroll
- Grim Cesta
- The weapon bonuses listed in gray are not mentioned in the quest log.
- The Historical Monument of Surmia is found during the Ruins of Surmia mission.
- The Historical Monument of Nolani is located just outside the Nolani Academy in Diessa Lowlands, when you turn to the left and walk upstairs. You will encounter a large mob of gargoyles that can kill an unprepared player.
- The Historical Monument of King's Watch is located a distance away from Fort Ranik in Regent Valley. Have the quest active in your log, and follow the green star on your map. It is recommended to combine this quest with The Red-Cloaked Deserter and Regent Valley Defense since they lead to same vicinity.
- One could also combine this quest with Counting the Fallen, simply start from Sardelac Sanitarium, and head Southeast, collecting the Ascalon Census on the way.
 Initial dialogue
- Symon the Scribe
- "Greetings, friend! I wonder if you can help me? I am attempting to preserve Ascalon's great history before all is lost. If, on your travels, you could find and record the founder's inscriptions for the cities of Nolani, Surmia, and King's Watch, I would be so grateful. I know these great cities are in ruins now, but Lyssa willing, you'll find historical markers among the wreckage. I look forward to your return."
 Reward dialogue
- Symon the Scribe
- "Magnificient! These dates will help me to complete my history of Ascalon. Was it very dangerous? I would have gone myself, but a humble scholar such as myself wouldn't last a day out there."
- The Grim Cesta awarded in this quest is the -50 health focus item that provides the only means of achieving the 55 maximum health required for the "55" farming builds. Although prices fluctuate on the trade channels, it is likely the most valuable commodity obtained up to this point in the storyline if sold on the open market.