Fighting in a Winter Wonderland
|Fighting in a Winter Wonderland|
|Section||Festival Event Quests|
|Prophecies or Nightfall|
|Given by|| Priestess of Melandru |
in Lion's Arch or Kamadan, Jewel of Istan
- Report to the Battlefield.
- Destroy the Beacon of Grenth.
- Destroy the Beacon of Balthazar.
- Bonus Objective: Destroy all opposing Champions.
- Bonus Objective: Complete the battle in under 20 minutes.
- Bonus Objective: Complete the battle in under 10 minutes.
- Bonus Objective: Complete the battle in under 5 minutes.
- Bonus Objective: Protect all of your Champions and Beacons.
|Base reward|| 5 Wintersday Gifts, 5,000 experience, 500 gold, 5 Frosty Tonics (Normal mode) |
10 Wintersday Gifts, 7,500 experience, 750 gold, 10 Frosty Tonics (Hard mode)
|Destroy all enemy Champions||+5 Wintersday Gifts, +5 Frosty Tonics|
|Complete in less than 5 minutes||+5 Wintersday Gifts, +5 Frosty Tonics|
|Complete in 5 - 10 minutes||+3 Wintersday Gifts, +3 Frosty Tonics|
|Complete in 10 - 20 minutes||+1 Wintersday Gifts, +1 Frosty Tonics|
|No allied Champions or Beacons Destroyed.||+1 Wintersday Gifts, +1 Frosty Tonics|
|Advanced Snowball||Super-mega Snowball||Snow Flurry||Hidden Rock||Avalanche (skill)||Ice Fort||Mmm. Slushy!|
During this quest, you will be in The Great Snowball Fight of the Gods area, and all party members will be under the effects of Godly Yuletide and have the Godly Yuletide skill bar (with Avalanche instead of Yellow Snow), and dead players are resurrected at a shrine every 30 seconds at the top or bottom of the minute. The mission's objective is to kill the Balthazar and Grenth beacons, and protect yours. When you kill a Champion or a General you will receive a Morale Boost. You can teleport between your beacons, but you will suffer from the Portal Sickness effect.
- or 15 (20) Bustling Snowman
- 30 Champion of Dwayna
- 15 (20) Cordial Snowman
- 15 (20) Glimmering Snowman
- 15 (20) Chilled Snowman
- 15 (20) Industrious Snowman
- 15 (20) Blessed Snowman
- 26 Beacon of Dwayna
- 15 (20) Jingle Bear
- 30 Champion of Melandru
- 15 (20) Jingle Moa
- 15 (20) Festive Iboga
- 15 (20) Merry Jacaranda
- 15 (20) Melandru's Stalker
- 15 (20) Melandru's Watcher
- 26 Beacon of Melandru
- 30 Champion of Balthazar
- 15 (20) Eternal Warrior
- 24 General of Balthazar
- 15 (20) Eternal Ranger
- 15 (20) Eternal Monk
- 15 (20) Eternal Necromancer
- 15 (20) Eternal Mesmer
- 15 (20) Eternal Elementalist
- 15 (20) Eternal Paragon
- 26 Beacon of Balthazar
- 15 (20) Bruiser Grentch
- 15 (20) Humbug
- 30 Champion of Grenth
- 24 General of Balthazar
- 15 (20) Voice of Grenth
- 15 (20) Mind of Grenth
- 15 (20) Chill of Grenth
- 15 (20) Shepherd of Grenth
- 15 (20) Harvester of Grenth
- 26 Beacon of Grenth
- Priestess of Melandru
- "The Priests of Balthazar are quite upset, it seems. They sense grave danger on the horizon, and while we have sensed this as well, we do not feel that crushing the spirit of the local population is the best way to prepare. Of course, the Priests of Balthazar have been less than receptive to our alternative solutions."
- "Against our better judgment, we have agreed to meet them in battle with all forces we can muster, so we can show the residents of Tyria once and for all that, with hope and camaraderie, we can survive anything. If you wish to serve Dwayna and Melandru, speak with Melandru's Watcher. Should you wish to join forces with Grenth and Balthazar, you should speak with the Champion of Balthazar. Both can be found in either the Temple of Ages [sic] or the Chantry of Secrets."
- Accept: "I pledge my support to the forces of Dwayna and Melandru."
- Decline: "Fight against the combined armies of the God of War and the God of Death? Good luck with that one..."
- Ask: "Round up your allies and speak with Melandru's Watcher in the Temple of Ages [sic] or the Chantry of Secrets. It shall send you to the battlefront."
- Melandru's Watcher
It is good of you to stand up to Balthazar and Grenth, to protect the joy of the holiday season. Once your party is ready, I can send you to the battle.
- We are ready to join the battle. (sent to The Great Snowball Fight of the Gods)
- We need more time to prepare.
- It is also possible to enter from Zin Ku Corridor. The quest marker will point there while in Cantha.
- Technically, this quest cannot be completed. Fulfilling the objectives, and obtaining the reward, will not remove the quest entry from your log. This allows you to reenter the fight immediately without having to talk to the quest giver again.
- This quest was introduced in Wintersday 2010.
- In Wintersday 2011 the bonus for protecting your own Champions and Beacons was added and the time limits for the bonuses were diminished from 10, 20, and 30 minutes to 5, 10, and 20 minutes.
- The quest's name is a reference to the lyrics of the song Winter Wonderland.
- This quest is based off of the popular player-made Warcraft III map 'Defense of the Ancients'.