Operation: Crush Spirits
From Guild Wars Wiki
|Operation: Crush Spirits|
|Section||Festival Event Quests|
|Prophecies or Nightfall|
|Given by|| Priest of Balthazar (Wintersday) |
in Kamadan, Jewel of Istan or Lion's Arch
- Report to the Battlefield.
- Destroy the Beacon of Dwayna.
- Destroy the Beacon of Melandru.
- Bonus Objective: Destroy all opposing Champions.
- Bonus Objective: Complete the battle in under 30 minutes.
- Bonus Objective: Complete the battle in under 20 minutes.
- Bonus Objective: Complete the battle in under 10 minutes.
|Base reward|| 5 Wintersday Gifts, 5,000 experience, 500 gold, 5 Mischievous Tonics (Normal mode) |
10 Wintersday Gifts, 7,500 experience, 750 gold, 10 Mischievous Tonics (Hard mode)
|Destroy all enemy Champions||+5 Wintersday Gifts, +5 Mischievous Tonics|
|Complete in less than 10 minutes||+5 Wintersday Gifts, +5 Mischievous Tonics|
|Complete in 10 - 20 minutes||+3 Wintersday Gifts, +3 Mischievous Tonics|
|Complete in 20 - 30 minutes||+1 Wintersday Gifts, +1 Mischievous Tonics|
- 30 Champion of Balthazar
- 15 (20) Eternal Warrior
- 15 (20) Eternal Ranger
- 15 (20) Eternal Monk
- 15 (20) Eternal Necromancer
- 15 (20) Eternal Mesmer
- 15 (20) Eternal Elementalist
- 15 (20) Eternal Paragon
- 15 (20) Humbug
- or 15 (20) Bustling Snowman
- 30 Champion of Dwayna
- 15 (20) Cordial Snowman
- 24 General of Dwayna
- 15 (20) Glimmering Snowman
- 15 (20) Chilled Snowman
- 15 (20) Industrious Snowman
- 15 (20) Blessed Snowman
- Priest of Balthazar
- "All of this merriment is really starting to get to me. Humanity is doomed if we insist on spending our time with such foolish festivities rather than preparing for the inevitable darkness on the horizon. That is why the Priests of Balthazar have agreed to ally with the Priests of Grenth this year, and by Balthazar's beard, we're not going to lose to a bunch of Monks and Oakheart-huggers! We have the combined might of the God of War and the God of Death. War! Death! How could anyone be foolish enough to face us in battle?"
- "We have met with the enemy dignitaries and have agreed on the site for a grand battle of the gods. We shall use this battle to show our great superiority and convince the doubters to embrace the season of death once and for all."
- "You must choose who you wish to support in this conflict. If you wish to pledge your allegiance to Grenth and Balthazar, speak with the Champion of Balthazar. Should you wish to die in futility...and serve Dwayna and Melandru, speak with Melandru's Watcher. Both can be found in either the Temple of the Ages or the Chantry of Secrets."
- Accept: "I pledge my support to the grand armies of Grenth and Balthazar. Death to our enemies!"
- Decline: "OK, this whole war and death thing is getting kind of Scary. I'll have to get back to you..."
- Ask: "Round up your allies and speak with the Champion of Balthazar in either the Temple of the Ages or the Chantry of Secrets. He has the power to send you to the battlefront."
- Champion of Balthazar
Ah, more soldiers to send to the front. Our enemies will tremble in fear at the mere sight of our grand army! Once your party is ready, I can speed you to the battle.
- We are ready to join the battle. (sent to The Great Snowball Fight of the Gods)
- We need more time to prepare.
- It is also possible to enter from Zin Ku Corridor. The quest marker will point there while in Cantha.
- This quest remains active after its completion (regardless of whether you win or lose), which makes it easy to farm.
- This quest was introduced in Wintersday 2010 and removed in Wintersday 2011, being replaced with a PvP version of The Great Snowball Fight of the Gods.
- This quest uses the 'Defense of the Ancients' design.