Summoning stones are a type of consumable used to summon allies. The ally will be at the player's level and last for 30 minutes (with one exception) or until slain in combat. Activating a summoning stone causes the player to suffer from Summoning Sickness, preventing them from using another summoning stone for 10 minutes. Each summoning stone can be used only once (with the same exception).
Although the in-game descriptions of all summoning stones indicate that they "can only be used in explorable areas", they can also be used in missions and dungeons. Summoning stones cannot be used during solo quests or Augury Rock; however, they can be used during Tihark Orchard. There can only be one summoned ally in an instance at a time. This ally will follow the summoner, similar to minions, but they almost never break off combat, often leading to their demise in the event of a retreat.
 List of summoning stones
- 1 The Igneous Summoning Stone is the only stone with infinite uses and that summons an ally that remains for up to 60 minutes.
- Use of a stone causes Summoning Sickness.
- If the summoner is buffed by Journey to the North, the ally will be summoned at the character's actual level, not the buffed level of 20.
- Summons are immune to Sulfurous Haze.
- Summons are not infused.
- Summons can gain levels.
- Summoning stones were first added to the game in the Thursday, September 4, 2008 update. "The Igneous Summoning Stone [was introduced] to help players level up new characters so it can only be used by characters under level 20." (Official ANet announcement)
|One use||Amber Arctic Automaton Celestial Chitinous Demonic Fossilized Frosty Gelatinous Ghastly Imperial Guard Jadeite Mercantile Mischievous Mysterious Mystical Shining Blade Tengu Zaishen|