Commandeering a Mortal Vessel
|Commandeering a Mortal Vessel|
|Section||Festival Event Quests|
|Given by||The Countess of Hakewood |
in Lion's Arch
- Travel to Majesty's Rest and enter the mausoleum.
- Search the mausoleum for a sarcophagus worthy of a king.
- See The Countess of Hakewood for your reward.
Start from Temple of the Ages (Druid's Overlook might be closer, but only allows a party of six); head for Majesty's Rest, where you will be joined by three of the Mad King's Guards (a second set of three will join you if you head to the zone's second portal).
Fight or run to the mausoleum. Rotscale is in his usual position in front of the door; however, you do not need to kill him to enter the mausoleum — instead, click on Enter the Mausoleum, then press accept in the following dialog. You can shadowstep to the entrance (as if it were an ally, e.g. using Return). If you are having trouble, send one party member ahead to draw the biggest spikes and then quickly slip behind them.
The mausoleum itself has no map, but the route is straightforward. Hordes of undead foes are waiting inside, but the Guards will continue to accompany you. Pull to avoid becoming overwhelmed; if you wipe, you will be resurrected at the entrance. As you fight your way through, open up each Elegant Sarcophagus (killing the undead that it spawns) until you open the correct Sarcophagus and receive the quest update.
- The Countess of Hakewood
- "Ah, it's you again! The precious artifacts you gathered surely brought us one step closer to allowing our most wise and noble king to remain in the mortal realm year-round. You've proven to be a most useful servant. It's time to complete the next step of the ritual.
- His Highness's soul can't rightly return to the mortal realm without having a body to unite with. Deep in the swamps of Kryta, near the border of the Maguuma Jungle, lies a great mausoleum that houses much of the nobility from generations past. Truly a "who's who" of wealthy dead people! I need you to claim our gracious king's mortal vessel so we may prepare it for his return. Search the mausoleum for the elegant sarcophagus, and you'll have our corpse!
- Oh, one more thing: watch out for dragons!"
- The Countess of Hakewood
- "Ah, yes. I figured picking out the corpse based on the exquisiteness of its casket would provide a vessel of sufficiently noble blood for His Highness's soul. Oh, don't give me that look! We would have Mad King Thorn's actual body, but...well, let's just say the revolting masses got rather creative with it after his untimely demise. I assure you, you would not want to have been tasked with fetching that cadaver! Here's something for your troubles. You may want to wash your hands, by the way."
- The area extends far beyond the location of the Sarcophagi, however there are no foes or interactive objects.