Mad King's Guard
From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Mad King's Guard|
|Type||Candy Corn creature|
|Level(s)||3, 12, 20 (20)|
The Mad King's Guards are henchmen that only appear during the Halloween festival.
- Depths of Tyria
- The Mausoleum (only during Commandeering a Mortal Vessel, level 20)
- Lion's Arch (only during the Halloween festival, level 12 henchman)
- Majesty's Rest (only during Commandeering a Mortal Vessel, level 20)
- Depths of Tyria
- Kamadan, Jewel of Istan (only during the Halloween festival, level 3 henchman)
- The Desolation
- Joko's Domain (only during Open the Flood Gates of Death, level 20)
Level 3 henchman: 2 or 3 Death Magic (11 Death Magic in hard mode)
Level 12 henchman: 4 Death Magic (7 or 8 Death Magic in hard mode)
Level 20 ally: 11 Death Magic (16 Death Magic in hard mode)
- Animate Bone Minions
- Feast of Corruption (elite)
- Mark of Pain
- Taste of Death
- Unholy Feast
- Resurrection Signet
Lion's Arch and Kamadan:
- Has no dialogue.
Ones that spawn due to a Halloween quest:
- "What do you want? Are you staring at me? You want some of this? Do you?"
- Lion's Arch and Kamadan each have four Mad King's Guard henchmen appear as piles of oversized candy corn around Mad King Thorn's "glowing circle". (Although you can only take a maximum of three of the four Mad King's Guards in Kamadan, since it has a maximum party size of four).
- When they stand up they rearrange themselves to the shape of Flowstone Elementals.
- If you talk to a Mad King's Guard in town, for a short moment it will change into its full form and will then fall back to the ground. If talked to from behind or its side, it will get up and turn to face your character before dropping.
- Before the Mad King Thorn's arrival, they rise and warn of his coming.
- In Hard mode, the attributes of level 20 Mad King's Guard henchmen in Lion's Arch differ from the ones in Kamadan, possibly to compensate the maximum party size differences (i.e. six in Lion's Arch and four in Kamadan).
- They also have a miniature version - Miniature Mad King's Guard.
- They will self-resurrect after a while when killed in combat during Open the Flood Gates of Death.