|Region||Depths of Tyria|
This area can only be reached as part of Commandeering a Mortal Vessel (a Halloween quest). Click on the Enter the Mausoleum marker in Majesty's Rest (behind Rotscale) and answer yes at the prompt. You can ignore the dragons by shadow stepping to the marker using a skill that targets allies, such as Return.
- 20 Mad King's Guard (three of them, follows party leader)
- 20 (26) Wraith
- 20 (26) Smoke Phantom
- 20 (26) Hellhound
- 20 (26) Skeleton Warrior
- 20 (26) Skeleton Ranger
- 20 (26) Skeleton Monk
- 20 (26) Skeleton Mesmer
- 20 (26) Skeleton Sorcerer
- 20 (26) Executioner
- 20 (26) Grasping Ghoul
- 20 (26) Bone Dragon
- 20 (26) Necrid Horseman
- 20 (26) Zombie Warlock
- Holy damage is doubled against all the foes found here.
- The majority of the foes are not fleshy (only the zombies are).
- Consider not bringing skills that require a corpse (e.g. a minion master). Mad King's Guards already exploit corpses using Animate Bone Minions and Skeleton Monks use skills that deal holy damage, which will deal double damage to minions.
- Consider not bringing skills that inflict or require Bleeding, Disease, and/or Poison.
- You can shadow step to each Elegant Sarcophagus because they are allies, e.g. using Return.
- Wraiths, Smoke Phantoms and Grasping Ghouls appear out of the ground at certain spots.
- Prior to the October 28th, 2010 update, players would be separated from their parties (and returned to their originating outpost) unless their account included Eye of the North.
- The Mausoleum shares its map with several Eye of the North dungeons, however it does not have any sections blocked off. There are no foes or interactive objects beyond the location of the sarcophagi, allowing players to explore the entire map freely.
- Many paths end in invisible walls, and at least one corridor leads to the end of the world.
- Although it uses a dungeon map, The Mausoleum is an explorable area and has no final boss (though Rotscale guards the entrance) nor end chest. Some players even refer to this place as the Halloween dungeon.
- Some notable dungeons that share this map are the introduction quests to Eye of the North (Beneath Lion's Arch, Caverns Below Kamadan, and Tunnels Below Cantha), Slavers' Exile hub level, and Vloxen Excavations Level 3.
- There is no map texture for The Mausoleum, resulting in a brown layer in the Compass and black in the Mission Map and World Map.
|Explorable areas in the Depths of Tyria|
|Battledepths • Beneath Lion's Arch • Caverns Below Kamadan • The Mausoleum • Tunnels Below Cantha|
|Towns and outposts • Missions • Landmarks|